Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

I honestly can't see Conkeldurr being "much" better with Ice Punch. Really, Payback and Stone Edge still seem like the superior options to me, as his list of counters just increases when it uses Ice Punch.
The way I see it, the choice between Ice Punch and Stone Edge is what threatens your team more? I can see Ice Punch/Stone Edge being a slash in the main options now. Ice Punch mainly for Gliscor and to hit 4x ice weak dragons harder, and Stone Edge for Gyarados. Ice Punch also means that you don't ever have to worry about Stone Edge's 80 accuracy screwing you over at the worst possible time.

I think the tutors are kinda disappointing so far. Some incompatabilities with old tutors no longer exist, but that really was to be expected. I don't even fell like changing my team for the "new meta" atm. Let's hope for some egg moves.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I was hoping that Escavalier would be able to get Superpower for some coverage.

But then, Drill Run.

Please Please Please.

On a less groundbreaking scale, but still a case of making a good mon better, I'm excited for MoxieKrow's improvements. The return of Superpower and Heat Wave adds a lot of potency to his sets, and he may even get the potentially very-useful Drill Run (since he has Drill Peck anyway).

My old buddy Dragonite is gonna have a rough time now that his competitors got so many buffs. Multiscale will still go a long way toward keeping him relevant, but Ice Punch on everything and shiny new toys on the other Dragons will take away from his large margin of usage over them. Superpower is cool though, and maybe Heal Bell.

I shudder with anticipation to think of some of these changes. Mence, Gliscor, everything that can punch...I hope some of the lower guys get improvements too! Pain Split for Cofagrigus, Roost for Braviary and Archeops, Drill Run and Superpower and what have you...Egg moves too, when we finally hear about those.

Final note: Serperior with Dragon Pulse and hopefully Earth Power? Contrary just got scary.

Guys watch out for that Roost tutor! If Volcarona gets Roost it means it can run a bulky boosting set outside sun and it could potentially get Earth Power. Volcarona is directly linked to Volcanoes, the favorite habitat of the most common Earth Power user: Heatran. Hydreigon can also get Roost and fit it onto its Life Orb set easily.

Watch out for Cofagrigus too! The most bulky ghost in the game finally got the recovery he has wished for (sleep talk+rest and pain split). Jellicent has been the only defensive spin blocker in OU for a while and I think Cofagrigus can give it some stiff competition. Mummy is a pretty nifty ability and has some applications against Scizor, Mienshao, and Breloom.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Fire Punch. Move tutor move.

Damn, now I want Haxorus to be able to learn it.

On one thing most players will probably ignore, I'm actually hoping Zoroark gets Superpower (or at least Low Kick) because I want something that isn't horribly inaccurate (*cough cough* focus blast) to use on Zoroark whenever I use it, and at the same time not as pathetic as Low Sweep. Superpower would make the pink blobs much more fearful of switching in on it, and give it a more reliable way of taking on Tyranitar. Plus, Low Sweep just sucks.

Also, Roost on Poison Heal Gliscor. I think this means we can all expect Skarmory usage to take a nose dive.

When (if) Gliscor does get roost, what would he do ? I honestly have no idea. I'm thinking of a tox stall uber set with Protect, Roost, (Tox/Fling), (EQ/Acrobat). And with ferro possibly getting SR as a tutor move (very likely), what will his set be ? Maybe SR, Seed, Gyro, (Spikes, ((maybe rapid spin 0.0), tox, or whatever else it wants. Shit just got real. I love it. Oh, and who knows, maybe Flare Blitz Flareon....... HAHAHAHAHAHA, Just kidding. Poor Flareon. One of the many gingers of pokemon

EDIT: Out of everybody, (speculation wise), who do you guys think the most improved pokemon will be ?

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Especially with DD+Outrage+Moxie Salamence right around the corner /s
Oh trust me, people will still prefer to use Dragonite over Salamence. DD+Outrage+Moxie Salamence is for sure going to cause Mamoswine usage to rise, and oh hey Dragonite has Multiscale. Also, I never said Skarmory was going to drop from OU, and in fact it probably won't. I just said its usage would probably take a nose dive because of Poison Heal Gliscor now having Roost.

Lilligant could get somenew moves as well, possibly earth power. Volcarona with roost would make it a normal type or same bug/fire?

When (if) Gliscor does get roost, what would he do ?
This is what:

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt / Toxic
- Ice Fang

Oh god yes. I still may personally run protect though because passive recovery, Ill mess around with it.

Also don't disillusion yourself, payback literally only hits Jellicent. Reunicles and Slowbro laugh at 50 pase power payback and Alakazam, Espeon, and Gengar, Latios, Starmie 1HKO you. Latias and Celebi can take a payback fine and kill you in 2 hits.

Oh trust me, people will still prefer to use Dragonite over Salamence. DD+Outrage+Moxie Salamence is for sure going to cause Mamoswine usage to rise, and oh hey Dragonite has Multiscale. Also, I never said Skarmory was going to drop from OU, and in fact it probably won't. I just said its usage would probably take a nose dive because of Poison Heal Gliscor now having Roost.
Since when did I say anything about Skarmory's will drop out of OU? You are kidding yourself if you say if Skarmory usage is going to drop in usage because of Gliscor. Gliscor can't wall Dragons like Skarmory can or a lot of other things without a Steel typing (prime example being Landorus). Skarmory has Whirlwind to phaze (which will probably be more important than ever) which Gliscor can't do. Why do you think Skarmory will drop?

Edit: God that Gliscor looks like a bitch to take out Wynaunt >_> 62% in one turn! For funsies use Gliscor with Poison Heal but with Leftovers, come in on a Toxic, and watch it restore nearly 70% of its health in one turn

ss234

bop.
Talk about the most offensive generation up to date-Haxorus and Conkeldurr can literally destroy everything with a Choice Set, and the release of Keldeo is really going to shake things up. If the Kyurem forms make it into OU for a little bit(before goin Uber-with 165 or more it has to go, or else...), then it will be incredibly hard to defend against such massive threats.

Oh, just remembered Dragon Dance Outrage Moxie Mence. Man, is that thing going to be hard to wall! And Volcarona. Oh my God. If that gets Roost, it must get banned. Nothing else will be able to with stand the onslaught. I suspect Heatran usage to fall dramatically-Conkeldurr+MoxieMence+Keldeo+Earth Power Volcarona equals nearly all the new threats can smash him for super effective damage(not saying MoxieMence and Haxorus weren't big threats before, just much more powerful). On the other hand, Air Balloon Heatran could have a huge increase in usage to force the dragons to Outrage to break the Balloon.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Since when did I say anything about Skarmory's will drop out of OU? You are kidding yourself if you say if Skarmory usage is going to drop in usage because of Gliscor. Gliscor can't wall Dragons like Skarmory can or a lot of other things without a Steel typing (prime example being Landorus). Skarmory has Whirlwind to phaze (which will probably be more important than ever) which Gliscor can't do. Why do you think Skarmory will drop?

Edit: God that Gliscor looks like a bitch to take out Wynaunt >_> 62% in one turn! For funsies use Gliscor with Poison Heal but with Leftovers, come in on a Toxic, and watch it restore nearly 70% of its health in one turn
Gliscor at least has some offensive presence. Skarmory has zero offensive presence, so against some things Gliscor can do well against (i.e. Terrakion), Skarmory may find itself being a sitting duck. That's why I think Skarmory usage will drop. Now I don't wanna turn this thread into a whole theorymon argument, so I'm dropping this discussion.

Physical Nidoking:
Gunk Shot
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
gg UU

Also, the new Regen Tornadus forme with Roost? Sounds like an OU Lugia.

ss234

bop.
Skarmory is not going to drop out of OU. It's insane bulk is going to be key in combating Conkeldurr, and it is still one of the best Spikers in the game-no doubt about it. Because of a rise in Mamoswine(MoxieMence and Haxorus), Skarmory is probably the only thing that can reliably switch into it. Dragonite still needs a check, and he is one of the best counters to Scizor-whereas Gliscor is going to be taking heavy damage from offensive Swords Dance variants(although this may well be alleviated by Roost).

I've been wondering about the new Stealth Rock setters, especially Landorus. He could work as a very effective anti-lead. A set of SR, Earthquake, Stone Edge and U-turn/HP Ice/Ice Punch(?) could work well. Any other ideas?

Think about Spinda. It could get superpower from move tutor and wish from egg. Heck, Shuckle would be great with slack off. XD
I forgot Shuckle, with the tutor of SR and Knock Off, it could use its DW ability when released for to benefit against random Defense and Sp Def drops by things like Shadow Ball or Crunch.

Gligar can use its DW ability(which is Inmunity) with SR and Roost now(and even Knock Off), it can be a bitch to kill due to being inmune to Toxic. An Evoliter inmune to Toxic is always good news. A Pokemon only taking residual damage from Hail, which is rare, and burn, (besides from Leech Seed, of course), interesting.

Lilligant with Earth Power... maybe too much overpowered.

Coolio, right now my current team is looking pretty good of Jirachi / Blissey / Jellicent / Hippowdon / Gliscor / Forretress. Gliscor should get a fuck ton better, Hippowdon can handle Salamence, Jellicent should in theory be able to handle to at least cripple Keldeo, and because of 4 slot move syndrom, Jellicent or Gliscor can handle Conk. I'm going to have to give Jellicent toxic and a specially defensive spread, and Hippowdon will probably need move special defense to take fire blasts, but thats it. So unless nintendo throws a huge curve ball, I should be good unless Mamoswine or weavile boost like crazy in usage lol.

Ice Punch isn't that big of a deal on Conkeldurr, IMO. It's just trading one set of counters for another. It probably makes a great addition to the CB set, though.

Anyways, this game is shaping up to be awesome. This feels like the most extensive list of tutor moves yet. DDMoxieMence is a whole lot better, and Roost is nice for the bulkier Volcarona sets. Can't wait to see the move compatibility lists.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Skarmory is not going to drop out of OU. It's insane bulk is going to be key in combating Conkeldurr, and it is still one of the best Spikers in the game-no doubt about it. Because of a rise in Mamoswine(MoxieMence and Haxorus), Skarmory is probably the only thing that can reliably switch into it. Dragonite still needs a check, and he is one of the best counters to Scizor-whereas Gliscor is going to be taking heavy damage from offensive Swords Dance variants(although this may well be alleviated by Roost).

I've been wondering about the new Stealth Rock setters, especially Landorus. He could work as a very effective anti-lead. A set of SR, Earthquake, Stone Edge and U-turn/HP Ice/Ice Punch(?) could work well. Any other ideas?
That's funny because I never said it was going to drop out of OU. Okay, now I'm dropping this discussion.

The problem I see with that Landorus set is that Poison Heal Gliscor is likely to get Stealth Rock via the move tutors, so Gliscor will probably overshadow that set. I think the primary Landorus sets will continue to be Choice Scarf and Swords Dance. I find it pretty unlikely that people will use Stealth Rock on Landorus if it gets it, especially considering that sand teams can just use Tyranitar to set up SR.

Speaking of the Kyurem formes, how will the new moves impact the Uber tier? If Zekrom gets Superpower the band set will be a gigantic pain in the ass. Most Stall teams rely on Ferrothorn, Skarmory, or Steelceus to check powerful physical attackers, however the new Superpower tutor would end the reign of the Steel types and the Roost tutor will bring in different, less seen walls such as the new Regen Ho-oh (I believe an event was announced or something? I don't have the link anymore), Roost Multiscale Lugia, and of course, Gliscor usage will probably EXPLODE in Ubers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)