Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many type combos they'll introduce in this gen that we haven't seen before?

I mean, fire/water would be cool regardless if it was a torkoal evo or not. What other type combinations do we still need?

I wonder how many type combos they'll introduce in this gen that we haven't seen before?

I mean, fire/water would be cool regardless if it was a torkoal evo or not. What other type combinations do we still need?
More Electric types that can be neutral, not immune, to Ground types. As much as I'd like ANOTHER Levitating or Flying Electric user to go alongside Emonga/Zapdos/Rotom, I'd rather see more interesting ways to abuse Dual STAB for coverage, yet still able to be relatively stopped.

Grass/Electric can easily threaten any Water type, for example, but can't do shit to, say, another Grass type. It also gives neutrality to Ground at the expense of being weak to Poison/Bug/Fire and neutral to Flying.

I'd like to see more types like that. Help shake up the metagame.

Now that Sturdy prevents 1-Hit KO's like a Focus Sash, I'm sure someone will try to Sturdy a Shedninja, along with some form of Safeguard and a Cloud Nine

Electric/Ice would be neat, but I for one would love a Normal/Ghost type. Three immunities, only weak to Dark-type moves.

More Electric types that can be neutral, not immune, to Ground types. As much as I'd like ANOTHER Levitating or Flying Electric user to go alongside Emonga/Zapdos/Rotom, I'd rather see more interesting ways to abuse Dual STAB for coverage, yet still able to be relatively stopped.

Grass/Electric can easily threaten any Water type, for example, but can't do shit to, say, another Grass type. It also gives neutrality to Ground at the expense of being weak to Poison/Bug/Fire and neutral to Flying.

I'd like to see more types like that. Help shake up the metagame.
I'm still hoping and praying Tsutarja becomes Grass/Electric, although it is unlikely. Either way, that doesn't mean there still can't be some other Pokemon that is/becomes Grass/Electric. There are some really cool type combinations that still haven't been tapped into.

I'm still hoping for an Ice/Ground Polar Bear. Only Bronzong resists both STABs, but Fire Fang or HP Fire can fix that.

I have a question about this season thing: Do you think each adventure be different depending on what season you start with? I mean, would the pokemon you find on Route 1 in the Spring be different than the ones on Route 1 in Winter? It's just that it'd be weird to see a Mamepato in the Winter since birds migrate and all. At the same time it'd be awesome to have a different adventure each time.

This seasons stuff has A LOT of potential.

I'm still hoping for an Ice/Ground Polar Bear. Only Bronzong resists both STABs, but Fire Fang or HP Fire can fix that.

I have a question about this season thing: Do you think each adventure be different depending on what season you start with? I mean, would the pokemon you find on Route 1 in the Spring be different than the ones on Route 1 in Winter? It's just that it'd be weird to see a Mamepato in the Winter since birds migrate and all. At the same time it'd be awesome to have a different adventure each time.

I believe Serebii found that the Pokemon do infact change. Seasons are about one month long, so there are 3 of each season every year.
However, they may start you off in Spring or Fall, no matter when you start the game.

Yeah, people seem to be under the assumption you get to pick what season you start out in, but it'll probably set in stone somehow. Probably tied to the date, albeit one month to a season doesn't work that well in that case theoretically, but that's only if Gamefreak cares about the months and seasons making sense. It kinda sucks that, if that's the case, if your DS clock is correct, you probably start out in Winter, which is a pretty... I guess, specialized season.

Maybe the game will start you out in whatever season your birthday is in, seeing as
in game, you do start your adventure by getting a pokemon for your birthday.

And the ds does keep your birthday on its calendar doesnt it?

Mamoswine is a testament on how well that type works in todays metagame. It'll be good on the offense, but have too many common weaknesses to be extremely effective. But that wouldn't stop it from being bad-ass.

I personally think that seasons should change in a week's amount of time, but that's just me. I don't want to have to change my DS clock every time I need to catch a pokemon in a certain season. It would also be nice if you could experience the game's storyline in more than one or two seasons.

Mamoswine is a testament on how well that type works in todays metagame. It'll be good on the offense, but have too many common weaknesses to be extremely effective. But that wouldn't stop it from being bad-ass.

I personally think that seasons should change in a week's amount of time, but that's just me. I don't want to have to change my DS clock every time I need to catch a pokemon in a certain season. It would also be nice if you could experience the game's storyline in more than one or two seasons.
Yeah, I was personally hoping for weekly seasons too. It's unfortunate you have to wait a whole month. I know someone said earlier that it would be really strange that the seasons change that fast, but it honestly doesn't seem like it would be that suspension-of-disbelief-breaking. I suppose we were lucky the seasons don't correlate to the real-life seasons...

Since HG/SS had practically most legendaries in it, I wonder if B/W will also have that, as well as Legedaries and storyline aspects that vary by season, like having a bad guy slip and fall in winter, something you can't really do in any other season

how about an ice ground mammoth....

DAMMIT! I always forget about Mamoswine. He just never shows up on my radar. How about a mixed Ice/Ground Type then? And yea, he has common weaknesses, but really look at them. If he's fast enough, no Grass, Fire, or Steel Type is switching in, unless it's a scarfed revenge killer or named Scizor. So, really, all he has to do is worry about Fighting and Water Types, unless he's really fast and has a huge movepool that consists of Psychic and Thunder Punch.

Prince Arceus said:
I believe Serebii found that the Pokemon do infact change. Seasons are about one month long, so there are 3 of each season every year.
However, they may start you off in Spring or Fall, no matter when you start the game.
But by how much is what I'm wondering. Will it change drastically like some Pokemon just wont ever appear in winter, or will the rarity change by about 50%? Will Fire Types be more common in Summer and Ice Types in Winter? Will some Pokemon be hibernating in the winter and you can find them sleeping in caves? Those are the important questions.

Bug Maniac Marc said:
Maybe the game will start you out in whatever season your birthday is in, seeing as
in game, you do start your adventure by getting a pokemon for your birthday.

And the ds does keep your birthday on its calendar doesnt it?
I like that theory. I may end up changing my birthday, though, so I can start in winter.

I still prefer Ice/Fighting to Ice/Ground. Yes, there are more Pokemon who resist Ice/Fighting, but they are easily broken through. For example, Tentacruel won't like sponging Close Combat and Slowbro won't like taking Ice Beam. Bronzong on the other hand, takes ANY Ice-type attacks (Ice Beam, Ice Shard) while being completely immune to ground. On top of that, although Ice may be neutral, many Pokemon such as Skarmory and Gyarados can take a hit.

There needs to be a Drifblim evo, Drifeppelin! Highest HP in the game on a ghost! I know this is kind of irrelevant, but this thread will be deleted anyways. Everyone else gets to talk about what they want as an evo, and this is what I want! :D

Shedinja has 1 HP. Always.

Sturdy prevents OHKOings by leaving the Pokemon in question with 1 HP.

So basically the idea is to make the new WonderTomb with SturdInja, I.E. the latest broken hack.
While both SturdInja and WonderTomb are immune to all damaging attacks, Shedinja can still be OHKO'd by any indirect damage while WonderTomb can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)