Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But by how much is what I'm wondering. Will it change drastically like some Pokemon just wont ever appear in winter, or will the rarity change by about 50%?
I'd bet that there's at least one pokemon that will only be available in a certain season. Otherwise it would be a lame gimmick. Having a polar bear that's only around in the winter would be a "neat" gimmick. I would guess that the way the seasons effect availble pokemon would be an extension of the way the day/night cycle does.

Will some Pokemon be hibernating in the winter and you can find them sleeping in caves? Those are the important questions.
Now you have me thinking of randomly encountering a SleepTalk SD/Body Slam Ursaring in some random cave somewhere. That'd be truly scary stuff if you don't have a resist. :D

On a serious note, that actually sounds a good way to immerse the player if some Pokemon could still be found hibernating in different seasons. I remember (Not sure if HGSS still does this, I haven't tried) that if you Headbutted a tree in GSC, sometimes you can find a Night/Day Pokemon that was asleep in there. I really thought that was a great thing back in the day. Also would allow players to catch certain Pokemon without waiting a week/month or so.

On a serious note, that actually sounds a good way to immerse the player if some Pokemon could still be found hibernating in different seasons. I remember (Not sure if HGSS still does this, I haven't tried) that if you Headbutted a tree in GSC, sometimes you can find a Night/Day Pokemon that was asleep in there. I really thought that was a great thing back in the day. Also would allow players to catch certain Pokemon without waiting a week/month or so.
They removed it for HGSS. I was very dissapointed.

While both SturdInja and WonderTomb are immune to all damaging attacks, Shedinja can still be OHKO'd by any indirect damage while WonderTomb can't.
WonderTomb will die to Fire Fang, I believe. Wonder Guard shouldn't stop Hail/Sand Stream, etc from killing it either?

Flareon cries with joy and happiness.
He knew his day would come someday. Rejoice!

Seriously now: i really wish (impossible, but heh) that they create a ability that allows the poke to use 5 moveslots and give it to Meganium.
Finally Meganium wouldn't be outclassed by every starter!

Imagine DualScreens+Sub Seed and a attack?
Or Sub SD with 3 moves?

Nice.

DAMMIT! I always forget about Mamoswine. He just never shows up on my radar. How about a mixed Ice/Ground Type then? And yea, he has common weaknesses, but really look at them. If he's fast enough, no Grass, Fire, or Steel Type is switching in, unless it's a scarfed revenge killer or named Scizor. So, really, all he has to do is worry about Fighting and Water Types, unless he's really fast and has a huge movepool that consists of Psychic and Thunder Punch.

But by how much is what I'm wondering. Will it change drastically like some Pokemon just wont ever appear in winter, or will the rarity change by about 50%? Will Fire Types be more common in Summer and Ice Types in Winter? Will some Pokemon be hibernating in the winter and you can find them sleeping in caves? Those are the important questions.

I like that theory. I may end up changing my birthday, though, so I can start in winter.
This reminds me of GSC where you can Headbutt a tree at night and you battle a sleeping Spearow. I was pretty bummed when it didn't work in HGSS.

Anyway, yeah, location changes like that would be neat for different seasons. Bats and bears only in caves in winter, no bugs. Certain flower Pokemon only available in the Spring. Sort of like Animal Crossing?

Although I know I'm getting my hopes up only to be crushed. We know how variable Pokemon are for night/day in the current generation. Not much.

Edit: Looking back I see this was already mentioned. Well I'm glad I'm not just crazy and imagining things that never happened :D

There needs to be a Drifblim evo, Drifeppelin! Highest HP in the game on a ghost! I know this is kind of irrelevant, but this thread will be deleted anyways. Everyone else gets to talk about what they want as an evo, and this is what I want! :D
My vote's on Drifenberg.

I think that the idea of getting certain legendarys during specific seasons is going to be done in this game; considering the huge amount that were created last generation. Granted that most were part of events, I still think that there may be one or more this generation which will fall under this aspect.

Notice he said Fire Fang, not any fire move. A glitch (or as glitchy as you can get dabbling with hacks) allows Fire Fang to be the only damaging move to damage Wonder Guard Spiritomb.
Actually, this can happen in a non-hack setting.
Fire Fang bypasses Wonder Guard no matter what the type or Pokemon is.

For example, Fire Fang will hit a Porygon2 that Traced Wonder Guard.

You mean, you want some info on the starter evos and Desukan. We haven't had a single bit of info on them, have we? :|
I wouldn't expect anything on the starter evolutions, but it is a little surprising how little we've heard about Deathkarn and Dentula. I hope to hear more about them soon (and hopefully confirmation of Dentula's Bug/Electric typing... so cool!!). And also the broccoli-headed orange thing that I'm pretty sure is the "Brocco" leaked by the Play-Doh sets or whatever/

You mean, you want some info on the starter evos and Desukan. We haven't had a single bit of info on them, have we? :|
True,the thing is we are getting tons of info on the stupid Pokemon *cough* Mamanboo *cough* but when it comes to Denchura and Desukan,we get nothing. We better get something good about them or another leak soon.

I think, they will only change the encounter rate of certain Pokemon in the seasons. Say, the grass caterpillar has a 75% encounter rate during spring and summer, 50% during fall, and only 25% during winter. Of course they will include a few anomalies, like a [hypothetical] moth pokemon that only appears during summer (or w/e season) or make certain fire and ice types completely uncatchable in certain seasons but have high encounter rates in another. I think, that'd be the best way to do it.

True,the thing is we are getting tons of info on the stupid Pokemon *cough* Mamanboo *cough* but when it comes to Denchura and Desukan,we get nothing. We better get something good about them or another leak soon.
I dunno, I think Mamanbou is really interesting. I'll definitely use it even if it's a stand-a-lone Pokemon, but the fact that it could possibly be related to Luvdisc gives me hope for more previous Pokemon getting evolutions.

As well as Perish Song if you get lucky.
Thats normal so it wont affect Spiritomb,I think.

I dunno, I think Mamanbou is really interesting. I'll definitely use it even if it's a stand-a-lone Pokemon, but the fact that it could possibly be related to Luvdisc gives me hope for more previous Pokemon getting evolutions.
Hopefully the will do alot of Gen 3 evos,Im rooting for a Crawdaunt evo with wicked Special Atk.

As someone who runs the Foresight/Rapid Spin combo on Hitmontop in UU, I should point out that a Foresight + Close Combat would also take out WonderTomb (or at least make it switch out, in which case whatever switches in takes a Close Combat to the face).

Thats normal so it wont affect Spiritomb,I think.

Hopefully the will do alot of Gen 3 evos,Im rooting for a Crawdaunt evo with wicked Special Atk.
But Crawdaunt is primarily physical (not that the Special Attack is TERRIBLE but) so that would be a weird way to go with it.

Also Perish Song is one of those moves that effects EVERYONE, regardless of type, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)