Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, i was just migrating some pokemons to my platinum and i think this: are we gonna be able to migrate from GBA to black and white? i know it has been confirmed that we can migrate from DPtHGSS to BW, but what about from RSEFRLG?

I'm not really sure why they would introduce an entirely new concept with only 3 moves/combinations with a total of three pokemon (Which you can only get one of in game without trading or anything). It doesn't seem like something that they would put so much emphasis on without making more options available.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It is 20% normally. 64% chance of disabling one and 16% chance of disabling both, I think.

Also, I think the combination attacks will add much more strategy to the VGC, makes me look forward to it even more now.
20% * 2 * 2 = 80%

Chance of both flinching: 80% * 80% = 64%

Rainbow?

I think it will only work in triple or double battles, but if not, then Jirachi will be an Uber.
Well so far about all we know about the moves are that they combo and are on the starters. We have no idea if they're a permanent effect, can be used in singles matches or really anything else right now.

I can't agree more. Stealth rocks + spikes + burn/poison + sandstorm/hail + Ring of Fire- Will any pokemon actually get to make more than one move?

We should be greatful that ring of fire doesn't cause burn , I know I would promptly quit doubles if GameFreak did that.
This discussion might be over, but I'd just like to add, you guys are acting as if you've never seen this move before. Ever heard of Fire Spin? I don't think its gonna do much.

Fire Spin doesn't hit all opponents in a multi-battle though, this is essentially another Sandstorm/Hail, only you don't get hurt.

Still not broken or anything though.

pokebeach has new pictures of Black and White cards up, and Pokabu has 70 HP while Tsutaaja and Mijumaru both have 60, so it looks like more proof that Pokabu is the bulkiest starter.

hey guys, i was just migrating some pokemons to my platinum and i think this: are we gonna be able to migrate from GBA to black and white? i know it has been confirmed that we can migrate from DPtHGSS to BW, but what about from RSEFRLG?
how about Ruby->diamon->white, for example? i dont think it will be possible directly since its done over DS to DS but you can still get your gen 3 pokemon to your B/W, and if you want them to be on the latest gen, i think you would already have them on your gen4 game, or not?

I can't see there being an Oath for every type. I think it's quite likely that we'll only get those three Oaths (maybe a fourth, such as Electric, Flying or Ground), but more sets of attacks that can be comboed (not just Oath attacks).

It appears to be some sort of squid Pokémon. For now, I'm assuming it's fake, as I haven't heard anything about a new demo where it could appear.

@Combos: You guys are forgetting about the one rainbow attack that you get when combining Fire Oath and Water Oath that increases the chance of secondary hits happening. If it doubles the chance allong with Serene Grace, Dunsparce's Rock Slide will always flinch all of your opponent's Pokemon, provided it hits. If it only increases it by another 100% of the chance, like I suspect it will, it will have a 90% chance to flinch them or 81% when you factor in accuracy.

Granted, Dunsparce can only outrun positive Base 100s with a Choice Scarf and no other Pokemon can get a move with that high of a flinch rate with Serene Grace that hits all opponent's Pokemon, but it's something to think about.

@Entry Hazards: In order to actually stop some of the use of entry hazards you have to be able to gain something from your opponent using them. Rapid Spin or an auto-Rapid Spin Ability wouldn't work, even if they hit Ghosts, because you're not actually doing anything to your opponent and they can still get a free switch-in to the Rapid Spin.

IMO, Spikes aren't really broken and Toxic Spikes is nearly useless with all of the Steels, Fliers, and Levitaters in OU, so SR is really the only problem. Someone suggested giving Rhyperior an Ability that would shoot back Rock Attacks, which would work but I have simpler idea; make a Rock-type Volt Absorb. This would give you a free 25% HP boost whenever you switch in and clear the field of SR, provided your opponent set it up.

They could potentially give this abilty to Regirock through the dream world and give Regice and Registeel some sort of similar abilities. The only reason I would normally be against doing something like this is that Legendaries always have one ability but since the dream world is giving second abilites to starters and Eeveelutions, it could work.
Blissey gets Serene Grace and Rock slide, as well as having an extra 10 base speed, allowing it to reach 343 speed I believe with timid and scarf, outspeeding +speed base 105's with 252 EVs like mismagius.

i'm also kinda seeing mijumaru there, maybe is Shell Blade animation?
I agree with this.

Blissey gets Serene Grace and Rock slide, as well as having an extra 10 base speed, allowing it to reach 343 speed I believe with timid and scarf, outspeeding +speed base 105's with 252 EVs like mismagius.
But it is an absolutely useless gesture as Blissey has a base 10 attack. Dunsparce has 7 times that amount. There is no competitive use for flinch-hax Blissey because it just sucks so hard.

Trust me, I've used the set.

But it is an absolutely useless gesture as Blissey has a base 10 attack. Dunsparce has 7 times that amount. There is no competitive use for flinch-hax Blissey because it just sucks so hard.

Trust me, I've used the set.
Blissey's attack stat won't matter at all if the enemy won't be capable of moving (we're talking about using rock slide + RAINBOW POWER to get 100% flicnh rate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)