Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought the last Pokemon before the legendaries would be a Fire/Bug! :P

So far this generation has defied my every expectation, and yet... I am content.

How can there be a vulture that's just pure Dark instead of Dark/Flying?

Boggles my mind o_@
Let alone the final Pokemon in the Pokedex being Bug/Steel....

I don't understand the vulture and the lamprey being only one type, either. :S

Please let the remaining 3 Pokemon be evolutions from previous Pokemon (Farfetch'd, Spinda, Pachirisu, Sableye, Ledian...)

The vulture could've been Dark/Flying, but that'd be too much like Murkrow. Oh wait, third generation with a Fire/Fighting starter in a row...

Please let the remaining 3 Pokemon be evolutions from previous Pokemon (Farfetch'd, Sableye, Pachirisu...)
Would be nice if some of the pokemon we know now are actually pre-volutions. There's some that I remember seeing for the first time in Sinnoh and thought "Oh wow, I wonder what that evolves in to." Only for them to end up being shitty single ones, like Pachirisu. Highly doubt it though.

Please let the remaining 3 Pokemon be evolutions from previous Pokemon (Farfetch'd, Spinda, Pachirisu, Sableye, Ledian...)
There aren't going to be any evolutions of previous Pokemon this Gen.

EDIT - You know it would be nice if they gave Electrics more Dual-types, and I mean the regular pokes and not legendary
Electric/Poison: Mongolian Death Worm
Electric/Fire: Plasma (I know Rotom is plasma but I think it's cold plasma.)
Electric/Fighting: Don't know but it would get good type coverage.
Electric/Psychic: Ball Lightning?

Did we get pictures of the Octopus, Polar Bear, or Spikeball evo yet?

Baby Fire/Ghost is freaking adorable. Just like baby Denchura. :D

There aren't going to be any evolutions of previous Pokemon this Gen.

Electric/Poison: Mongolian Death Worm
Electric/Fire: Plasma (I know Rotom is plasma but I think it's cold plasma.)
Electric/Fighting: Don't know but it would get good type coverage.
Electric/Psychic: Ball Lightning?
Electivire would have been a very good electric/fighting type, especially if had gotten Close Combat.

Upstart

Copy Cat
The vulture could've been Dark/Flying, but that'd be too much like Murkrow. Oh wait, third generation with a Fire/Fighting starter in a row...
Honestly I can accept they are making a the game from scratch with this being a new beginning. Which is why I can bite my tongue when looking at the awfulness in the repetitivness of pure types. I mean a we have so many grass water and psychic pokemon. However if they are doing this to utilize pure types why do they have to give ups fire fighting. I mean come on they clearly were like lets make cool pokemon give them meh typing and to top it off let's see how they feel about a fire fighting type starter.

Obviously they thought since they are startering over their fire fighting starter count dropped to zero so they can use it again. Yea thats logical. (Sarcasm)

(I know Rotom is plasma but I think it's cold plasma.)
There is no such thing as "cold plasma", because if it was cold it wouldn't have enough energy to keep its ions and will just turn into gas. I'm pretty sure Rotom isn't gas or plasma, but is based off of electricity. Thus the little lightning bolts and being able to posses different electrical appliances (Which is a pretty cool concept for a Ghost/Electric type).

There is no such thing as "cold plasma", because if it was cold it wouldn't have enough energy to keep its ions and will just turn into gas. I'm pretty sure Rotom isn't gas or plasma, but is based off of electricity. Thus the little lightning bolts and being able to posses different electrical appliances (Which is a pretty cool concept for a Ghost/Electric type).
Rotom is the Plasma Pokemon, so I'm pretty sure it's made out of plasma, even if that doesn't make any sense on Earth. For some reason, I thought I saw a show where they were talking about near room temperature plasma but that might have just been the "Holy Grail" of energy.

Edit: The only problem I see with making a Cheetah a Fighting type is that it has 4 legs. Unless of course you wanted to make it bipedal but I think a liger would be better for that.

@ DDRMaster:
A liger would be the most epic win ever.

On another note, I wish they would make the weight of the Pokemon a little more realistic. I mean an 11 and a half foot Godzilla thing (Groudon) only weighs a ton, and don't even get me started on Wailord.

Rotom is the Plasma Pokemon, so I'm pretty sure it's made out of plasma, even if that doesn't make any sense on Earth. For some reason, I thought I saw a show where they were talking about near room temperature plasma but that might have just been the "Holy Grail" of energy.
Darn pokemon and its loose basis on reality.

Edit: Pokemon's loose basis on reality suggests bipedal cheetah as a good option. However, I would prefer a lion of instead. Though Liger would sure be interesting.

Edit: The only problem I see with making a Cheetah a Fighting type is that it has 4 legs. Unless of course you wanted to make it bipedal but I think a liger would be better for that.
I don't know. I think big cats like cheetahs, lions, and tigers make perfect sense for fighting types from the standpoint of they're big, vicious maulers that use brute force to take down their prey. It's fighting style would basically be MMA because it'd be a lot of grappling and floor-style moves. If stag beetles and chickens can be fighting types, then so can big cats like cheetahs.

@ DDRMaster:

On another note, I wish they would make the weight of the Pokemon a little more realistic. I mean an 11 and a half foot Godzilla thing (Groudon) only weighs a ton, and don't even get me started on Wailord.
I think Wailord may be partly based on a blimp, given its shape, so being almost nuetrally boyant in air makes sense.

Edit: I'll give you Groudon. I calculated its weight assuming it's an 11' 6'' tall, 5' square block made out of rock (3 g/cm^3) and got 5384 lbs.

I guess you could go with the nimble route of Fighting like with Blaziken and Lucario but I still think I would rather have a badass Electric/Fighting liger.

@ DDRMaster:

Groudon is only 11 and a half feet? I'd expect 20 at least. AT LEAST.

They need to sort sizes out too. Eleven feet is hardly legendary.

I think Wailord may be partly based on a blimp, given its shape, so being almost nuetrally boyant in air makes sense.
That would make sense but it still doesn't explain how a nearly 12 foot giant can weigh less than a 6 foot bull. (The Chianina can weigh nearly 2 tons)

That would make sense but it still doesn't explain how a nearly 12 foot giant can weigh less than a 6 foot bull. (The Chianina can weigh nearly 2 tons)
I edited my post saying that it should be over 5000 pounds. I'd imagine the bull's 6ft. at shoulder level so it's about 12ft. on its hind legs. How does it not collapse under its own weight?

I edited my post saying that it should be over 5000 pounds. I'd imagine the bull's 6ft. at shoulder level so it's about 12ft. on its hind legs. How does it not collapse under its own weight?
It's a legendary, it can do whatever it wants because it is supposed to be powerful. I would imagine it would just be strong enough to support itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)