Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another unlikely but cool possibility would be a game using each region. You start in either Kanto, a new region, or your region of choice, and then go through the gym challenges like normal and then start going through all the other regions in the same manner. Never gonna happen, but hey, it would be sweet.
The problem with that is, the level balance for all the regions would be incredibly wonky.

Think back to G/S and Hg/Ss. At the end of the Johto campaign, the highest level trainer was Lance in his Lv. 50s. At the end of Kanto, before Red, Green/Blue's level was in the higher 50s.

Now, if they did create a game with all the regions, that means the level cap for each region would have to be reduced in turn, so by the 3rd region, the gyms need to be at around 60-70, and etc.

... It just seems rather odd to do that, since one of the regions I disliked Johto was the fact that the game goes a tad short from the others, unless you counted Kanto with it.

Has anyone wondered how'd they make the legendaries for generation 5? I don't think any new legendary could top Arceus. o.o;
Probably in a similar manner as they topped Mew. We never knew they would bring out a "God" before; GF could even bring out an Omega pokémon or something similar.

+ We are dealing with deities here. They could also just base the legendaries off a set of different mythos, like the stars or something.

I don't think any legendary could surpass being able to control Time and Space. Whats more powerfull than time in space? Unless they do something similar to Gen 1, where Mewtwo was nothing more than a Pokemon 2wice as powerfull as it needed to be.

I would like for them to cap the levels at 50. Most Pokemon don't learn any new moves post 50 anyways.
I don't see the point in doing this. It's always been Level 100 and I'm assuming that's the way it will always be.

Doing something like this could also make compatibility with DPPtHGSS impossible.

Just curious, what do you have against Level 100 anyway?

I was watching the new episode of pokemon D&P today(yeah I watch the anime, what of it?) and it had something interesting in it. Dawn was getting ready for her contest and Ash was helping her to do so. Ash was showing her this new "way to use you the pokemon moves" with his grotle. See in an earlier episode, Ash and grotle was in this battle, and during the grotle accidentally ate it's own energy ball, but because of this it gained a huge power boost.

Well today, Ash was showing Dawn that same move with her Mamoswine using ice shard. He said if a pokemon "eats" the same type of move as it's type, then it gains a power boost.

So do y'all think they might incorporate a new way to use moves in the gen. 5 games like they did in the anime?(And I do know the anime battles and the game battles are different, but who's to stay they won't incorporate this in the new game)

I'm against the idea of any repeat of RS. I think the inability to take Pokemon from the older games was extremely unpopular. Given the upcoming games will be on the same console as the 4th gen, it would be ridiculous to make it impossible to take Pokemon into the new games, 99% of players would simply be pissed off.
I think he he meant more like there's a bunch of new pokes, rather than a bunch of older pokes re-used in this region's pokedex.

I 100% doubt GameFreak would forsake backwards compatibility if they're using the same console as Gen IV.

I was watching the new episode of pokemon D&P today(yeah I watch the anime, what of it?) and it had something interesting in it. Dawn was getting ready for her contest and Ash was helping her to do so. Ash was showing her this new "way to use you the pokemon moves" with his grotle. See in an earlier episode, Ash and grotle was in this battle, and during the grotle accidentally ate it's own energy ball, but because of this it gained a huge power boost.

Well today, Ash was showing Dawn that same move with her Mamoswine using ice shard. He said if a pokemon "eats" the same type of move as it's type, then it gains a power boost.

So do y'all think they might incorporate a new way to use moves in the gen. 5 games like they did in the anime?(And I do know the anime battles and the game battles are different, but who's to stay they won't incorporate this in the new game)
Well not every Pokemon has a mouth. :P

But it would be cool for attacks to have more than one effect. Like... Energy Ball could be used as an attacking attack or a boosting attack.

What will they base the legends in Generation 5? I don't think anything could top Arceus (unless they revolve them around it). o.o;
Like I've said previously, there's many routes to use for basing stuff on. There's myths, fairy tales, legends, etc... A list of 'em would be too much for me to fetch in a minutes' sitting.

I do not like grinding.
Eh, Wi-Fi has auto-leveling nowadays anyway, so that's not really a problem there--if you don't want to grind, you don't have to, so don't. And actually game-wise, that could be a bit problematic... I mean, in DP, by the time you got to Volkner, the Pokemon were already getting near Level 50 (his Luxray was at Level 49). I may not really care for the pre-Elite Four grind either, but it would really be terribly boring and disappointing if you could really just breeze through Victory Road and cream the Elite Four no problem after beating the last gym-leader. A way to get around that might be to push the early gym leaders levels a lot closer together, but that's just as boring and disappointing.

In any case, yeah, grinding sucks, but nonetheless, the games work, and well... if it's not broken, then don't fix it, as it will probably just wind up worse.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I do not like grinding.
You do not need to get to level 100 to "beat the game", only for battling other people. What we truly need is auto-leveling for local battles just like Wi-Fi battles already have. It seems they added it in HGSS already, so we're cool.

That sounds like 'Flash Fire' by default for every type.
Which would remove Ghost weakness from Ghost or Dragon weakness from Dragon.
I doubt it would be a new game mechanic but who knows really.

BTW, apparently there'll be some new z/Z info in coro coro special.
Pokebeach has the cover which has a bit more artwork:
http://pokebeach.com/2010/02/corocoro-special-shows-more-zorua-and-zoroark-movie-characters
Kind of, but I don't think it's an ability and I don't think it will block the type in question from you like flash fire. I think if they do put it in the game, it would give you the option of attacking that pokemon with that move or absorbing it. But then there would be restrictions like it only lasts for a certain time or you can only use it once per battle.

And I love Zoroark's new ark work. It's insane, literally.

Aren't snails born with shells, though? I mean, if the hair-tie is organic, then sure, but I don't think it can be born with a man-made item.
It's not anyway. Zorua has no hair band. So Zororak gets it when it evolves. Heck, maybe when the games come out there'll turn out to be a Hair Band held item, that when Zorua is traded with it CAUSES the evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)