1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokemon Challenge with Set Pokemon

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Warioman, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Warioman

Warioman

Hello there Smogon community, this is my first post and thread and am new here. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to competitive Pokemon battling, my last real Pokemon battle was when Pokemon Blue and Red first came out, sweeping my friends team with my Charizard, I was the best out of all my friends back then, but that was Generation 1. Now I see a lot has changed with natures, items, EV training and whatnot. Anyways I was challenged to a battle using Pokemon online using specific pokemon and a specific ruleset and I need all the help i can get! Here are the rules of the challenge:

Me and my opponent can only choose from these pokemon:

•Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam
    •Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu
    •Eevee, Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon, Leafeon
    •Riolu, Lucario
    •Treeko, Grovyle, Sceptile
    •Mudkip, Mashtomp, Swampert
    •Frillish, Jellicent
    •Shuppet, Bannette
    •Deino, Zweilous, Hyredigon
    •Sawk
    •Miltank

Rules:

•You may battle each other via Pokémon Black/White or through Pokémon Online (I'll use Pokemon Online)
    •Winner is the best 2 out of 3. After each battle, you guys can stop to rearrange your team and/or switch Pokémon. (Should I have 3 teams to throw him off?)
    •Pokémon clause is in effect (no more than 1 of a Pokémon with the same Pokédex entry on the same team) though you may use the same Pokémon of the same species (you can have a team of Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Glaceon, and Leafeon for example).
    •Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, and Hax clauses are in effect.
    •No cheating/hacking

Sleep Clause:
    Only one Pokémon on each team may be inflicted with enemy-induced sleep at a given time.

Hax Items Clause: Items that increase the rate of Critical Hits are prohibited (Focus Band, King's Rock, Lucky Punch, Quick Claw, Scope Len, Stick, Soul Dew, Razor Claw, and Razor Fang) Note: You can still use items that increase your evasion!

Moves:
    All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize) are prohibited. Note: You can still use items that increase your evasion!
    All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold) are prohibited.
    All moves that decrease Accuracy (Sand Attack, etc) are prohibited

What are some general strategies for this challenge? What is the best possible team, nature, stats, items to be held and moveset out of these Pokemon? My opponent must choose these same Pokemon and play by the same rules so I need to counter it somehow Any advice would be greatly apprieciated
  2. bluemon

bluemon

Welcome!

for specific questions like this, use the "ask a simple question get a simple answer" thread

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3465355

As for this particular challenge, use

Alakazam, lucario, hydreigon, jolteon, miltank, vaporeon/jellicent/swampert

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)