1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!

Pokemon.com's Pokemon Power Bracket: Mew wins!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Purimpopoie, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

I could have sworn I read that the winner would be distributed online and would have its hidden ability (if any), but now I can't find that anywhere...
  2. Stellar

Stellar dreams & adventures
    is a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Yeah, that was purely speculation in this thread. There hasn't been any information distributed about the nature of the "digital download pack."
  3. Arcticblast

Arcticblast improsin + bapongbas gg,,,,,,
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Other Metas Leader

Man, I can't wait to go to Hot Topic and buy a shirt with a little pink cat thing on it!

...yeah. I feel like it won't be a giveaway for the games themselves.
  4. Choiceface

Choiceface

I have no idea what this digital prize thing will include, but I DO think it will be an in-game distribution, but I don't think it will be like V-Create Rayquaza. I think we will get Mew from the DW free, and then when it "takes over the site" we will probably get the package that was mentioned, maybe like a code for mew in the DW, an item for your DW house, maybe a wallpaper for your computer, and something else not relevant in the slightest. I for one am slightly happy (since I'm such a noob to the competitive scene) that we got Mew, as I'm trying for a dex complete, and as everyone knows, Mew is a pain to get. But in all reality, there is just probably a lot of hype for no reason over a Mew download by the site. If the package includes what I have just said, I only would like my free Mew please. Also, this is completely unrelated, and you have my permission to get pissed at me, I think Nintendo should do an update to hte GTS where you can only ask for legal Pokemon. I'm tired of looking for Rufflet with the trader wanting a level 9 and under Reshiram! Grrrr! Dangit, I'm all worked up now.
  5. Gengan

Gengan

WAT

Why did Mew win?
  6. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It's the only cute pink legendary of course! Unless you count Cresselia or Latias
  7. Gengan

Gengan

... Nah, you're right, Mew is cuter.

[​IMG]
    Heehee I'm adorable!
  8. Choiceface

Choiceface

Mew most likely won because this vote was done, mostly by people who don't even know what competitive play, really is, they just want the rarest legendary, and in this case, it's Mew (actually honestly I think it's Jirachi, but whatever.) If you look at the people who exclusively play cartridge games, this is a great step toward dex completion, but it's unfortunately, relatively useless in battle. But hey, look at the bright side, at least we didn't get Arceus again, or Phione, or even just another easily obtainable gen IV legendary (I'm looking at you Suicune!)
  9. rocky505

rocky505

Except it was never mentioned to be an event giveaway.
  10. Choiceface

Choiceface

Yes you are correct, and while I personaly think it will (since it has so much hype) nothing was stated that it will have an actual in-game release. But I think most voters (if it wasn't actually rigged, which I don't think it was) were assuming an in-game release. If not, enjoy your pointless Mew prizes!
  11. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

Pointless Mew prizes: still a better reward than another Arceus.
  12. goldursaring

goldursaring

I was wrong, I thought this was some attempt to give some semblance of parity with Japanese distributions.

It'll probably be a bunch of screen savers, I'm skeptical about a digital download pack incorporating a Mew distribution.
  13. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

Well, it could include a software for creating a event distro using a computer.

In all seriousness, Shiny Rayquaza is more valuable because of the lack of distro, which is probably for the best. Stupid shinies via in-game events...

Never mind, Arceus has trade value. Carry on.
  14. coolbiz

coolbiz

I think its going to be shiny possible, via Wi-Fi with a cool special move. It is very fitting since they are making a big deal out of it.
  15. felix

felix

Anyone have any news regarding the prize? It was supposed to start today but the website has not updated any information about it.
  16. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

http://www.pokemon.com/powerbracket/us/
    Wallpaper & ... an animated gif???
    And it took over the front page.
  17. Choiceface

Choiceface

Woot! Pointless Mew prizes!!!!

18. Jellicent

Jellicent Ambien Trance
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Oh, sweet, I was looking for more Mew gifs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks, Pokemon.com! <3

Edit: What blasphemer didn't vote for Manaphy, anyway?
  19. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!

Wow... that is the laziest prize pack I have ever seen. I wasn't expecting much but DAMN, that's lazy. I don't even know how you can call that a real "animated gif" it's just mew in a bunch of poses that cycles...

And that wallpaper just looks like a standard web page. You'd expect them to at LEAST make some pretty new original art.

Gamefreak, I am disappoint.
  20. felix

felix

Yeah, the prizes are pretty disappointing. The website says that people are going to be able to design their own Mew shirts, that can be promising (but probably not).
  21. Espeon65

Espeon65

THANK YOU! That's exactly what i thought. i at least expected some original art and was really hoping that they would give Mews in-game over Wi-Fi.
  22. Drifblim

Drifblim

Echoing what others said about the prizes, one is the least creative Gif i have other seen, the other just Mew's Ken Sugimori with something around it. WOW. Wndering what the T-Shirt will end up being....
  23. R_N

R_N

Has any branch of TPCi beyond Japan come up with original artwork for Pokemon anything?
    I mean, I guess Pokemon.com made the trainer avatars??

But beyond that, it seems like they're stuck with stock art or junk already made from Japan.
  24. raevix

raevix

I am so horribly disappointed in the digital prize pack that I created a forum account just so I could voice my disappointment in this thread.

1. These are the laziest GIF and wallpaper I have ever seen produced. Stock art on blank background? I could have created these on my own in five minutes.

2. Why was there two months of voting for basically no prize at all? The random Klink C-gear skin announced today would have been a better prize than anything awarded by this contest

3. Why was there a two week delay after voting ended before these prizes were available? There is no more than half an hour's worth of work between the wallpaper and the GIF.

4. How can you NOT have a wi-fi giveaway? It requires even less work than the wallpaper/gif

I was really looking forward to finally getting my hands on a real Mew. Now I just... wow. I am very disappoint.
  25. R_N

R_N

I'm guessing working with Hot Topic was the bigger "thing"

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)