Pokemon Facebook Timeline Cover Images (also Smogon Facebook wants help)

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi all, you might be aware of Facebook's new Timeline layout which allows users to set a cover image for their profile or page. Smogon's Facebook cover image was cool with a fun gimmick when we first upgraded to Timeline, but now it's ugly and terrible. That's where you come in. I'd like to feature cover images created by the community on our fan page for 1 - 2 weeks (or maybe even more) at a time to better promote the wonderful work you all do.

Of course, it would be kind of annoying to do work and not have it displayed anywhere (for those not used), so I think it would be good if we also had a spot on site for people to grab these cover images to use on their profile pages. That'll require someone to make a page, so until then we can always use this thread as our repository. I'm sure there are thousands if not millions of people who would love to find great Pokemon images to use on their profile pages.

All images used by the Smogon fan page would obviously credit the person who made it. I'd also recommend putting your name on the image itself so people can't take it without credit!

Facebook cover images are 851x315. There's a bit of additional information here that you may find relevant.

I don't want to make this super complicated or anything, so it will likely just be me putting up stuff I like on the Facebook page! If you have something creative you want to do with the profile picture in relation to the cover image, as long as it involves a Koffing or our coat of arms feel free to do so.

I might have to discontinue this in the future depending on some factors, but we will at least have a cool depository of Pokemon cover images for people to use at the end of all this so I think it'll be worth it!

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would it be a good idea to go on the WCoP theme since it's starting or has started? It can be changed after the tournament ends. :) Facebook likes to use weird dimensions ~_~

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would it be a good idea to go on the WCoP theme since it's starting or has started? It can be changed after the tournament ends. :) Facebook likes to use weird dimensions ~_~
Themes are cool although it wouldn't be up for as long as the entire tournament. Something Hawaiian-themed for the Pokemon World Championships in Kona this August would be ace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)