Pokemon Fire Red Omega In-Game Discussion/Tiering

Hi, can someone remind me where to get the lucky egg? i know i have to get SURF first, but ir forgot the location. so thanks =)

Im currently running with:
-shelgon
-beldum
-sneasel
-larion
-pupitar

Any suggestions??????

By the looks of it, this thread is pretty old, but either way, I hope someone still pops in every now and then to look for new replies.

Anywho, Where can I find a Sneasel and Cyndaquil? (note, I will more than likely be popping in with more questions later on if this gets answered)
In rock tunnel ,snowy parts

Last edited by a moderator:
My battle against Brock's Vulpix went like this-
MARSHTOMP used WATER GUN!
It's super effective!
VULPIX fainted!
I was overleveled, so yeah.

Its been pretty fun so far im in saffron bout to take over the co. Then gym. This is my team so far. I must say i enjoy this alot more because of the difficulty level looking forward to more.
Screenshot_2015-10-30-23-37-35.png

For all those who find a Beldum in rock tunnel, don't even bother, there are none below level 20 so when it evolves it doesn't learn anything decent until the 40's.

The hack is a lot of fun but there are some stupid things done in this game that make some play styles frustrating, pointless and a waste of time and only doable after the elite 4 anyway so it's 99% the same game.

Just found some more false information in Viz, certain pokemon move changes are incorrect and still have the original learnsets, do not plan a team ahead of time without preparing to use old move sets.

For all those who find a Beldum in rock tunnel, don't even bother, there are none below level 20 so when it evolves it doesn't learn anything decent until the 40's.

The hack is a lot of fun but there are some stupid things done in this game that make some play styles frustrating, pointless and a waste of time and only doable after the elite 4 anyway so it's 99% the same game.
Just found some more false information in Viz, certain pokemon move changes are incorrect and still have the original learnsets, do not plan a team ahead of time without preparing to use old move sets.
Would "some play styles" include trying to predetermine your team ahead of time? I'm guessing part of the hack's design is to specifically discourage the player from trying to do that and try something new. It isn't the creator's fault if an external site has bad documentation (or maybe you got an outdated version of the hack). The hack is certainly not "99% the same game", and incidentally about stuff being postgame only, in this hack you can actually access all the postgame stuff (including Sevii Islands 4-7 and Cerulean Cave) before challenging the Elite Four for the first time. Stop complaining.

Ok, so I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to discuss this, cause rules and stuff, but I've been having trouble finding out how to obtain this game, so if someone could pm me or something that would be great. This looks awesome and I really need the change of pace from normal Pokemon games.

Also, sorry for the thread necromancy. Just trying to level up my conjuration.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Fsr I ran into this game again having played it once back when it was relevant. Just wanted smth to do in the downtime during college but after finding this old ass thread I figured I could talk about some of my experiences too. I played the game 3 different times, each with a different starter, and i'll go over every member of my team for each playthrough along with how good/bad I felt they were. This will be right after beating the elite 4 round 2, so levels are high. I used Jynx first, then magmar, and finally electabuzz.

Thunderbolt/Ice Punch/Volt Tackle/filler; Timid

Imo the worst starter, but still a good mon. The special attack is just a little low. His volt tackle wasnt killing shit like r2 lorelei's milotic which is pretty bad. But the speed is really nice, you can just outspeed and ohko all those annoying crobats you fight throughout the game which usually just outspeed u, hypnosis+confuse ray and are generally a pain in the ass. At least he helps u breeze through cerulean gym which was undoubtedly the toughest in the game. Wasn't outstanding but good mon overall, did his job. 5/10

Crunch/Flamethrower/Thief/Overheat; Lax

Awesome availability as you get her right in viridian city, you get blackglasses somewhere in the middle of the game too so she's all set. Very useful stabs, good special attack and speed, my only real gripe is that you gotta get flamethrower tm from celadon city or its gonna be a drag using her. Thief is a fantastic filler move because all the gym leaders and elite four members have great items to swipe, you can net extra copies of leftovers or some cool berries. Its a move I'd recommend fitting somewhere on your team when playing this game, and houndoom is a good user of it. She did her job well ultimately, I enjoyed using her. 8/10

Psychic/Ice Punch/Hypnosis/Giga Drain; Mild

The availibility is late bc you need to get the silph scope to catch her in pokemon tower, and she'll be underleveled at that point in the game, but its actually very easy to compensate for that. Just give her the Psychic TM you can get in saffron city, she can easily handle the fighting dojo, any grass/poison mons in Celadon gym, and opposing gastly/haunter in the pokemon tower. She caught up to the rest of my team pretty quickly, and was useful throughout because this game is kind to her, letting her evolve without trading and giving access to ice punch/fire punch upon evolution (I think level 38). Access to hypnosis is nice as always, putting people to sleep is always useful in both battle and for catching mons, and his super wide movepool makes him pretty easy to fit onto teams (psychic/tbolt/ice punch/fire punch/giga drain + hypnosis)

She's comparable to Gardevoir which I used in another playthrough, but while garde has more special attack and access to calm mind/trace, gengar has speed and better defensive utility in immunities to Fight/Normal/Ground and resists to bug/poison/grass. The 4x poison resist and immunity to poison is especially very useful in this game as you fight through hordes and hordes of arboks, weezings, and muks. Overall a very good pick, just comes a bit late and needs some babying. 7.5/10

Brick Break/Surf/Hypnosis/Ice Punch; Naughty

Very good availability, you can fish just about anywhere and get her, and you get at least the old rod very early (and in this game it can fish up more than magikarp). She has really good role compression just by having water/fight stab, access to hypnosis is great, early access to water stone is good too bc the pre-evos suck ass and learn almost no useful moves. Brick Break was a TM in mt moon I think, and water stone was available in the route above vermillion, and with the water pulse TM from the cerulean gym she was basically good to go for the rest of the game until you just add surf. Having a fighting type pokemon that does more than kill every normal type you run into is nice, and while all of her stats are honestly really middling, she still performs well. The Water Absorb ability was nice for those fat waters that electabuzz was too weak to ohko. It is kinda annoying to not ohko a lot of the bulkier normal types, but his good defense stat makes up for it. 8/10

Earthquake/Dragon Claw/Rock Slide/Fly; Jolly

Pretty good availability as you can get him next to Vermillion city, and honestly Trapinch is not as dogshit as he seems. You can give him the dig tm you get in cerulean, the secret power tm from the route above cerulean, and those two physical attacks can let him take on the weaker shit like clefairy or whatever. Ultimately though, flygon needs some serious babying until he reaches his final form, but when he does oh boy. This hack gave flygon access to earthquake upon evolution and that sets him miles apart from the other late-game dragons like salamence and dragonite that I could've had fairly early access to. In general I think mence/dnite are super duper overrated in-game, dragon stab isn't useful and I dislike relying on fly because mons in this game have actual good movesets and I hate giving them any room to breathe. Flygon, on the other hand, is rocking a STAB eq right in time for koga, will mess up blaine, and is generally a great asset against all the poison mons u fight in this game. The power, speed, and typing just make him so much better than the other ground types you have access to, even if he needs a fair bit of babying starting out. It's also convenient to fit Fly on him. Excellent mon the second he evolves and not awful when he's getting there, 8.5/10

Last slot was HM slave linoone, pickup was nice, covet was nice to steal some rare candies from that lady in the travelers tomb. Good boy.

Flamethrower/Thunder Punch/Overheat/filler; Modest

Magmar was the middle of the road starter for me. Stronger, faster, and early access to fire punch makes him a better fire type than houndoom, but houndoom could provide role compression with dark stab. Flash Fire is a nice ability, magmar was a nice good strong fast boy, not much else to really say about him. Good movepool too ofc, but it does suck to be useless in the first 2 gyms, and the defense stat is low. 7/10

Rock Slide/Crunch/Earthquake/Brick Break; Mild

I didn't raise the one available through in-game trade because levels are a lot higher in this game but the gym badge levels are the same, and I dont want to deal with unruly pokemon. Anyways what an absolute unit this man was, holy shit I had to hold myself back from using Ttar again for the third playthrough. Great availability as you can nab him right at mt moon but the best part is that this guy is just awesome from start to finish. As a Larvitar/Pupitar, you can very quickly just get rock slide/dig/brick break on him and stick with that very solid moveset for much of the midgame. Your stats are mid but you are a team player with this kind of movepool, no babying required. Amazing stats, ability is kinda cumbersome not enough to keep me from using him, and you can just hold off on evolution by one level to get him earthquake at level 56. He very comfortably manhandled sabrina's whole damn gym the second he evolved, and his rock/ground now with stab crunch was just useful throughout the whole damn game. 10/10

Earthquake/Rock Smash/Dragon Claw/Fly; Lax

Just gonna echo my statements in the electabuzz playthrough, but babying him was harder bc dig tm was taken by larvitar, the stab eq was still nice but honestly not as necessary, ttar can do most of the job on his own and only needs to watch out for a few fire/electrics that have ground/fighting coverage, which is where flygon pulled thru. Still nice to fit some HMs on him though to let ttar run free. 6/10 for this playthrough

Psychic/Calm Mind/Thunderbolt/Ice Punch; Serious

Make sure the ralts you catch got trace, because trace is 100x better than synchronize. Its very very helpful vs your rival when he uses magmar/electabuzz because you can just trace flash fire/volt absorb and wall them. Very good availability as you get her right in viridian, and it does get annoying to hunt for two (bc you can trade one of em in-game for a tbolt tm) but its very very worth it. This hack gives extra stats to ralts/kirlia so its not as nearly as painful to get to level 30. Psychic stab is ultra useful as you kill all the poisons and fighting mons, and a wide movepool that you have access to fairly early includes moves like psychic, tbolt, ice punch, fire punch, and magical leaf. Hypnosis access comes really late, but CALM MIND comes early and is amaaazing. I literally set up 6 calm minds and 6 double teams vs staryu and handled misty with ease, which is huge. Just the ability to set up CM repeatedly with good natural spdef can make some of the games toughest battles a complete joke with an x speed or two thrown in there. Overall godmon 10/10

Leaf Blade/Giga Drain/Sleep Powder/Sweet Scent; Calm

This one caught my eye because I noticed you get sun stone very early, and this hack gives gloom early access to petal dance+bellossom access to leaf blade which is now 90 base power. Oddish itself is availably extremely early in viridian forest, and the stats kinda suck but you get sleep powder hella early and you can coast through the first 2 gyms pretty comfortably with the help of a solid grass type like petal dance gloom. The stats are very mid, especially the low speed, and my expectations about this mon were honestly quite low. But the man did everything I wanted just fine, took out the rock/ground/waters, had the bulk to repeatedly land sleep powders (and sweet scent to make sure it hits) vs legendary mons, and ultimately I was very pleased with the performance throughout the game. 7.5/10

HM slave was linoone here too, but in this play through he had to provide surf.

Ice beam/Psychic/Lovely Kiss/Psycho Boost; Calm

Best starter by far, ice/psychic stabs in this game is so much role compression and she does it so well. Early on her super low defense hinders her a bit, but she quickly gets stronger moves and begins to show her true worth with lovely kiss+excellent stabs. Speed is good, special attack and special defense are great, and the defense is super low but it was only ever a problem for me when I missed my lovely kiss. Psycho Boost is a nice nuke to have, and insomnia is surprisingly useful with how many stray hypnosis this game seems to throw at you. An easy 10/10 for me

Surf/Earthquake/Ice Beam/filler; Naughty

A real super champ for sure, but that's no surprise. You can get him super early just in Pewter City at level 10, and he's consistently useful throughout the game, never needs babying and the water/ground coverage eats the brock, lt. surge, blaine, and giovanni. The stats are pretty great, he learns earthquake on his own, and the movepool is everything I'd want it to be. Early game he can use water pulse/mud shot/mega punch/ice beam and pull his weight and then some (ice beam tm from an in-game trade very early on). He can even hold on to a buyable mystic water at cerulean city and never let go, very very great pick 9/10

Rock Slide/Earthquake/Hyper Beam/Crunch; Jolly

Same thoughts on this guy as the magmar playthrough, true lord mon 10/10 being jolly didn't slow down his crunch very much at all

Thunderbolt/Drill Peck/Fly/Heat Wave; Naughty

Originally I had Ampharos+Crobat, but I just threw them out both and condensed their slots into Zapdos when he became available. Amphy and crobat were both available early and had good stats+moves but zapdos was just better. Drill peck means I dont have to rely on fly, tbolt was super reliable though I had to blow a TM for it, and access to Heat Wave was convenient as well. The stats were good, the electric/flying/fire coverage is super good, and the availability is pretty late but you have plenty of options to hold your team over until you get to zapdos, and he comes at a nice level 50. The catch rate for him is boosted from 3 to 5 in this hack too, and that doesn't seem like much but you'll feel it when you try and catch him. Ability doesnt really matter but whatever, zapdos was a much better electric type than electabuzz was for the most part, 8/10

Brick Break/Megahorn/Substitute/Focus Punch

When I realized I had an extra slot after condensing ampharos+crobat into zapdos, I decided to pick up this one after running into it in safari zone just tryna fill up the dex, and boyo did he deliver despite the late join time (but high ish join level at 38 was nb). He learns brick break very early and thats basically all you need, he handles all the normal types with much more power than poliwrath, and most things really do just evaporate at the tip of his megahorn its amazing. SubPunch was just smth I tried using for fun but wasn't really that useful, I'd probably just head over to seven Island asap and get him swords dance instead, but sub can be cool to get him into swarm range. Good speed and spdef, awesome attack, and enough movepool to cover whatever he wants to do. Comes late but probably one of the best fighting types you have access to in the game, 8/10

The HM slave at first was grovyle as he covered all the bases I thought I needed, but flash is largely unnecessary as rock cave is lit up for you in this hack.

I'd probably keep electabuzz and magmar early/mid game but ditch late game if I were to play again, there are other fire legendaries/starters and electric legendaries that would be better late game.
Had fun with the game, hope anybody curious enough to read all of this had fun too.

Last edited:
While I've my own edited version of this hack (with the P/S split!) and don't do in game tier lists, I find it cool that a hack had its own tier list thread. Didn't expect that.

i just got a Bagon in mt moon. should i keep it or just wait until cinnabar island? (mine has a jolly nature, so i've already thought about swapping it for the shelgon when a trade to get the flamethrower TM)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)