Pokemon Fire Red Omega In-Game Discussion/Tiering

Good luck for Nuzlocke :) Be careful @ Brock and that speedy Onix who can easily destroy your team (well Mudkip, Sunflora and Treecko can help)

On my first run I have the traded Pupitar, Alakazam, Gengar, Electabuzz,Swampert plan on getting the trade shelgon before facing erika. So far Alakazam and Electabuzz have been nukes with a nice move pool. Gengar and Swampert have been solid but at times can be underwhelming, pupitar has been decent but i have used the traded one for accelerated growth

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
K, I'm going to nuzlocke this. Its what I always do for new games, I do nuzlockes where I can never deposit, to get used to the new pokemon or how the pokemon do.
Needless to say I will fail, but wish me luck lol.
Ugh computers need to make more sense. I'm almost managing to load the file lol.
YES FINALLY! lol, I got it working eventually.

Both Geodude and celever, good luck! Many of the gym leaders caught me by surprise. When you think Brock, don't think that friendly gym leader in Kanto who trains all the slow, weak Rock types to get new trainers off the road; he's a vicious killing machine if you're not prepared.

Seriously, Elektabuzz have such 4MSS ... Naturally he learns Thunderbolt / Elemental Punches / Psychic / Fighting move and Volt Tackle ! So hard to chose only 4 Moves

Celever

i am town
I lost..?
Ugh, whatever, I'll start again lol.
And I'll grab the potion this time, Gary does not fuck around lol.

Oh, and I'm no expert but in the OP when it said where you can get every pokemon, well I found a hoothoot on route 1 which isn't listed there. Just saying in case you want to double-check more stuff.
Oh, and I will just be writing on the pokemon I get and how good I think they are. Right now I have
ONLYNUBAN the smoochum, GUDFLAREON the ponyta and VAGINAHEAD the shroomish! Even though I wanted swablu.
Smoochum gined the first level easily and then wrecked pidhey and hoothoot alike with powder snow.
Just got shroomish, so I don't have details right now|Shroomish is actually very good, effect spore is very helpful and it is definitely pulling its weight.
Penis the Weedle is not as great, however|Wow, he evolves one level after you get it. That's pretty neat, and the boost in stats is great!|Kakuna is terrible, it's hard enough to try and train it up to beedril, and then beedril itself isn't any good either. Basically I am going to propose Weedle for bottom/low.
I got DRUNKERN the sunkern, and the sun stone is actually in the patch of grass you get him, and sunflora is absolutely great!

MVP: Drunkern the Sunflora
ONLYNUBAN the Smoochum
VAGINAHEAD the Shroomish (so many s's)
LVP: PENIS the kakuna

The dead:
GUDFLAREON the ponyta!
Cause of death: A stupid rattata critted it...

Even though you were only with us a short time, you did help me catch VAGINAHEAD. But if VAGINAHEAD is useless too then you are garbage.

Also may I ask about brock? You have been saying "speedy onix" and the like, so what is up with that?
I thought that ONLYNUBAN would be able to destroy him with powerful STAB special moves on rock types, but if onix is speedy would it exploit the weakness ONLYNUBAN shows?
And then would shroomish be a good option?

Youngster Joey doesn't have a Rattata. This game is ruined.

On a more serious note, I find the rival battles much more difficult than the gym battles. Elekid/Buzz can't ever keep up with Gary's over-leveled Smoochum/Jynx. Enjoying the Hoenn starters, they're pretty much infinite coverage combined with my Electabuzz and Ralts. Would definitely say the starters rank Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, going from best to worst.

canno

formerly The Reptile
So after beating the first Gym...
I've decided that Treeko is soooo much ass. Like, wtf 2HKO Rock Tomb. Only killed Geodude and Kabuto, and it only killed the latter because it missed it's second Rock Tomb. Luckily Mudkip is a champion.
Also, Onyx Parafusion wtf, that shit isn't fun :<
So far this has been pretty fun though, team is currently LV 16 Marshtomp / LV 14 Treeko (...) / LV 11 Elekid / LV 10 Doduo / LV 12 Houndour

A bit underleveled atm, but w/e. That's what grinding is for :P

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm about halfway through Mt. Moon

My team so far:
-LV18 Elekid Lonely / Volt Absorb
-LV17 Staryu Timid / Natural Cure
(My 9th Staryu-- terrible IVs except SpA and Spe, which are 30 / 27--whatever)
-LV17 Houndour Modest / Flash Fire
(My 2nd Houndour-- didn't expect such an awesome nature/ability on the send one. Same as Staryu, SpA / Spe IVs are 20+, but the rest is shit)

I caught about 12 Shelder and didn't find a single Water Stone. :/ Fucking rich now because of Pearls/Star Dust though so not a total waste. Also Shelder is the best thing for catching Houndour, with Lick and Fire resist (though shit SpD means Ember still hurts).

Elekid: As awesome as expected. Took a Mud Shot to the face and still came out on top against Kabuto and Omanyte. I'm hoping it can take Misty on its own since I REALLY don't want to use a grass-type. The grass-types are so much shit...

Staryu: It's Staryu, I've used it before. It did its job against Brock, but it just grows so slow.

Houndour: As people have said, this thing is absolutely flawless against Smoochum; but that's about it. Its Ember just doesn't hit very hard against anything not weak to fire, and the bigger problem is that it grows so slow. I'm hoping it gets better since I found the Thief TM, so it can finally do something besides throw Embers around. Bite not coming until 25 is annoying.

Concerns:
-Is it even possible to beat Misty with just Electabuzz? Actually, I don't know wtf I'm going to do against Chinchou right now-- but I'm immune to electricity and have Lonely Karate Chop, so maybe it'll be alright.

-The team is growing so much slower than if I were using Mudkip for instance. Maybe with only 3 members for a while though, I can get them to a decent level before leaving Mt. Moon without too much grinding...

Staryu should definitely be higher than Mid. Earliest availability, useful in the first two gyms, evolves after Nugget Bridge latest (possibly before Brock if lucky), has immediate access to the best coverage you could want (Thunderbolt before Misty, Ice Beam and Water Pulse afterwards, Psychic before Erika) - also can tank Jynx all day long if Elekid was your starter.

Btw, Misty doesn't have Chinchou, Lt Surge is the one who does. Too bad you won't have Marshtomp with Dig for that.

Celever

i am town
Post #58 will have all of my details on the nuzlocked and my thoughts on the pokemon used, as well as the proposed tiers.
However, in this post I will put my battle log against brock!
Celever sent out DRUNKERN!
Brock sent out Geodude!
Turn 1:
Brock's Geodude used defense curl! Geodude's defense rose!
DRUNKERN used Absorb! It's super effective! Foe Geodude had its energy drained! Foe Geodude fainted!
Drunkern gained 183 exp. points!
Brock sent out Rhyhorn!

Turn 2:
Brock's Rhyhorn used tail whip! DRUNKERN's defense was lowered!
DRUNKERN used absorb! It's super effective! Foe Rhyhorn had its energy drained!

Turn 3:
Leader Brock used super potion! Rhyhorn's SUPER POTION restored health!
DRUNKERN used absorb! It's super effective! Foe Rhyhorn had its energy drained!

Turn 4:
The foe's rhyhorn used flamethrower! (My face: ()_()) Sunflora took like 20 damage, yeah rhyhorn had pretty bad special attack.
DRUNKERN used absorb! It's super effective! Foe Rhyhorn had its energy drained! Rhyhorn fainted! DRUNKERN gained 346 EXP. points! Drunkern grew to level 13! Drunkern learned razor leaf!

Turn 5:
w/e I'm bored of typing this up, basically Vulpix came and killed penis.

Turn 6:
VAGINAHEAD is confused, VULPIX is seeded.

Turn 7:
Shroomish is hit with ember, and hits himself with confusion.

Turn 8:
Shroomish is healed up, and hit by ember again.

Turn 9:
Shroomish put to sleep by Vulpix's hypnosis. (dude, the rock type gym leader has a fire type, and I have 2 grass types, a bug type and an ice type...)

Turn 10:
Vulpix sets up a substitute. (..., this thing has some kind of competitive use. Dude the thing is powerful).

Turn 11:
Shroomish is hit by another powerful ember, and is still sleeping. Good news though, since one more leech seed will kill it. Now to heal up with a potion and VAGINAHEAD will deservedly have a bro badge!

Turn 12:
VAGINAHEAD gets a bro badge already, as Brock takes out an omanyte.

Turn 13;
Protect, sleep

Turn 14:
Protect, hit with confusion.

Turn 15:
Protect, snap out of confusion.

Turn 16:
Protect (dude brock, is this all it knows!?), VAGINAHEAD crits but still only gets into red zone. Now he will clearly heal up next turn, so lets paralyze it!

Turn 17:
Protect, stun spore is deflected off it.

Turn 18:
Protect, (works twice this time) absorb.

Turn 19:
Mud slap (OH MY GOD IT KNOWS SOMETHING NOT CALLED PROTECT) Absorb kill.

Turn 20:
Brock sends out kabuto which water gun spams. Absorb is not quite a 2HKO.

Turn 21:
ANother water gun spam, into red now.

Turn 22:
Brock used a lemonade this time, gee, thirsty are we? Anyway, more absorb spam.

Turn 23-27:
Water gun and absorb spam, shroomish wins and definitely has a bro badge.

Turn 28:
Onix out-speeds somehow, and uses swagger. Shroomish hits itself.

Turn 29:
Onix uses dragonbreath, shroomish snaps out of confusion and hits with a powerful absorb attack. 2HKO, but ONIX heals back up to full health with a sitrus berry.

Turn 30:
Onix uses swagger again. SHROOMISH uses absorb for a powerful 2HKO.

Turn 31:
Onix uses dragonbreath, and shroomish takes out onix with a powerful absorb!

A very long fight, but DRUNKERN and VAGINAHEAD really pulled through for me and managed to duo the fight. ONLYNUBAN needs to pick up on levels gained in that fight, and I will be releasing PENIS momentarily. No love lost there imo.

A freshly evolved Electabuzz is capable of OHKO on everything except for like Starmie and maybe Luvdisc with Thunderpunch.

Shelder DO hold water stones: I managed to Covet one off a wild one while grinding for extra money.

Just managed to got through Victory Road here after
it turns out you can't sequence break to do expanded Sevii Isles, with stuff like some derp blocking the door to Sapphire, Traveller's Tomb being blocked, etc blah

Some notes:

Shouldn't be a massive problem if you have a good water-type. Surf can OHKO Rhydon (but if you're using Starmie, beware: this joker has Megahorn) and do quite the fair bit of damage everywhere. The biggest problem imo is his Resttalk Swampert which magically avoided 2hko by Salamence Fly due to Leftovers -.-" ended up PP stalling it after Giovanni decided it was a good idea to blow all 4 of his full restores on a struggling swampert. ._.

Victory Road, same as usual. Shouldn't be too big of a problem if your team is good. If you need to patch up holes, you can go back to expanded Sevii to get something (a Fire-type?)

p.s. where is the pupitar trade i think i need my tyranitar :(

edit: found it except it was a dratini - larvitar trade -.-" i gave up and decided to just catch a pupitar off sevault canyon. my team for E4 right now is Zam / Starmie / Electabuzz / Salamence / Tyranitar / Houndoom. I think I might replace Zam or Starmie with another pseudolegend (or probably one of the dogs)

After beating Blaine my team is Swampert, Tyranitar, Salamence, Gengar, Alakazam, Electabuzz, I used the traded Shelgon and Larvitar, While both were time consuming to raise and took up tons of exp even with the lucky egg, they have both proven useful in the long run, shelgon in particular destroys erikas gym if you teach it flamethrower, and intimadate is ever so useful, and it did not feel like it took forver to evolve to mence. t-tar in particular destroys blaine's gym as well as sabrina

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Previous update

VS

...alright who hit the easy button?

No one?
Wow. I guess I am just that good. (not shown: Colonel the Combusken, Someonelse the Marshtomp, and Deck the Smoochum)

Anyway, basically what happened here was Gem easily defeated Geodude. Vulpix came in and I switched to Someonelse, then back to Gem to Trace Flash Fire. Vulpix derped around for a while, unable to do anything other than confuse Gem and put her to sleep while she set up 6 Double Teams. With the enemy only having 33% Accuracy on their moves, Gem was free to beat up the rest of Brock's team. I had a close call against Kabuto, but I just gave Gem a potion.

Current team:

Deck (Knight) Lv. 17 (F)
Insomnia
- Powder Snow
- Growl
- Pound
- Confusion

Colonel Lv. 16 (M)
Blaze
- Ember
- Growl
- Focus Energy
- Double Kick

Someonelse Lv. 16 (M)
Torrent
- Water Gun
- Bide
- Mud Shot
- Tackle

Gem (OfTheDay) Lv. 7 (F)
Trace
- Confusion
- Growl
- Double Team
-

Boxed:
Classical Lv. 6
Matezoide Lv. 6
Deux Lv. 8

I hope you caught a second Ralts in addition to the one you're using. You'll see why when you're in Cerulean (though Calm Mind + Magical Leaf Kirlia should work as well).

Celever

i am town
I hope you caught a second Ralts in addition to the one you're using. You'll see why when you're in Cerulean (though Calm Mind + Magical Leaf Kirlia should work as well).
He's nuzlocking, he doesn't really have a choice what he catches.

I wrote a whole battle log, read it! xD

Also thanks Chou Toshio for introducing me to this game with this thread, its a fantastic game!
And I'll just add my proposition for bottom/low beedril here.

ONLYNUBAN the smoochum, VAGINAHEAD the shroomish and DRUNKERN the sunflora!
Smoochum gined the first level easily and then wrecked pidhey and hoothoot alike with powder snow.|Smoochum is also
Just got shroomish, so I don't have details right now|Shroomish is actually very good, effect spore is very helpful and it is definitely pulling its weight.|Right now shroomish is LVP, simply because sunflora does everything he does, but much better. It has still has use though, and earned it's bro badge for taking down Brock's vulpix.
I got DRUNKERN the sunkern, and the sun stone is actually in the patch of grass you get him, and sunflora is absolutely great!| DRUNKERN has continued to wreck and is MVP right now.

MVP: Drunkern the Sunflora
ONLYNUBAN the Smoochum
VAGINAHEAD the Shroomish (so many s's)
LVP: LULU the Jigglypuff

The dead:
GUDFLAREON the ponyta!
Cause of death: A stupid rattata critted it...

Even though you were only with us a short time, you did help me catch VAGINAHEAD. But if VAGINAHEAD is useless too then you are garbage.

PENIS the kakuna!
Cause of death: A noble-ish sacrifice against Brock may have saved DRUNKERN's life, but besides that Penis was garbage.

Penis the Weedle is not as great, however|Wow, he evolves one level after you get it. That's pretty neat, and the boost in stats is great!|Kakuna is terrible, it's hard enough to try and train it up to beedril, and then beedril itself isn't any good either. Basically I am going to propose Weedle for bottom/low.

LULU the jigglypuff!
Cause of death: A wild paras' effect spore activated onto poison and the scratch that turn knocked LULU's health into red, killing it out of poison.

Just capturing LULU the JIGGLYPUFF was exciting, since I use pound on it with ONLYNUBAN and it barely did anything, so cringing I used powder snow and even with some damage it wasn't even a 2HKO, and ONLYNUBAN was 2 levels higher. Bulk is always good in nuzlockes, so I am looking forward to using LULU.|LULU is extremely disappointing, it couldn't take out a same-leveled clefairy after I used all 5 of my potions on it and then had to switch out after fear of him dieng...| Even grinding with this thing is difficult, at least one potion per wild pokemon. It is destroying my money and is halving the experience my other pokemon can earn, but I can't deposit it... Bottom tier for jigglypuff.

SARAP the paras!
Cause of death: It can't tank anything, At all.

Paras is terrible as it cannot tank anything, it has terrible typing, defensively and offensively, and it learns no good moves. However, it does get spore later on and dry skin for misty, so I will propose low tier for paras.

Update: Grinded to 60 Electabuzz / 58 Starmie / 59 Alakazam / 59 Houndoom / 62 Salamence / 60 Tyranitar. Started on E4.

Team: Dewgong (lead) / Slowbro / Milotic / Walrein / Lapras / Wigglytuff (wtf?)

Electabuzz is a major bro in this battle, scoring OHKOs on Dewgong and Slowbro with Volt Tackle, while severely crippling Milotic and Walrein. Wigglytuff was handled by Tyranitar while being a complete joke (seriously, it does nothing other than launch stupidly weak Blizzards and lolsing) and 2hko'd by Brick Break. Lapras KO'd back with Hydro Pump due to a mispredict, but Alakazam carried the day by tanking Rain Dance boosted Hydro Pump at +1 SpD while landing the 2HKO with Thunderpunch.

I actually did do a nuzlocke for this game... it was tough (12 deaths ;_;) but I completed it. I remember Koga being a huge douche when I battled him.

Anyhow my team ended up being Lunatone (lasted 7 gyms!), Snorlax, Golem, Electrode, Aerodactyl (yeah I had 3 rock-types what about it), and a lot of Water-types that kept dying including a Marshtomp, Seadra, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Lapras, and Dewgong. I will prolly put my opinions down sooner or later for the former five - they were all solid.

Also as a side note there is this one trainer on Three Island that has Two Blisseys and a Chansey. Use this thing and a Lucky Egg and I ensure you get an excellent amount of experience.

EDIT: I actually legitimately could not complete the game the first time I played it when I was doing a normal run because Sabrina was really tough for me. When I did a Nuzlocke it was the first time I actually defeated Sabrina. Now I need to play through the game normally lol.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
W00t, just left Mt. Moon (stayed and grinded quite a bit-- those Chinchou/Lunatone/Solrock just give way too much experience to pass up).

Coming out my team looks like this

Electabuzz (Lonely / Volt Absorb)
Level 24
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Wave
-Karate Chop

Starmie (Timid / Natural Cure)
Level 22
-Water Gun
-Thunderbolt
-Harden
-Recover
(After getting the Thief TM, I went back to Pallet--lol--and tried stealing from some more Shelder. I actually nabbed a Water Stone on my second Shelder!)

Houndour (Modest / Flash Fire)
Level 21
-Thief
-Ember
-Roar
-Howl (totally useless, lol)

money: 19392 (lol so much stardust/pearls)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to curb-stomp my rival and Misty at this point.

Edit:
Yep, Curb-stomped my rival. Looking back I can't believe how much trouble I had with this battle the first time I started the game with Smoochum. To be fair, I had no idea I would be facing an angry magby that could 2HKO staryu with Thunderpunch. And LOL out water-gun with Sunny Day. Anyway, Starmie could have solo'd this battle, but I had houndour switch in on a weakened Snubbel and finish him off. Using Thief to steal Smoochum's Sitrus Berry and kick her ass was amazing... lol

My team, all level 60: Swampert, Blaziken, Jynx, Ampharos, Dodrio and Victreebel.

Brock
Original team: Smoochum and Mudkip

Mudkip slayed everything, but Kabuto and Omanyte were hard as hell. I had to learn Mud Shot with Mudkip and then decimate them all. That Parafusion Onyx was also a pain, but thankfully, Mudkip OHKO it with Water Gun on my second try. Yay!

Misty
Original Team: Jynx, Combusken, Marshtomp and Electrike

Fuck this bitch. Electrike did a great job with everything, even Golduck, but Luvdisc was a pain in the ass. However on my second try, Electrike used ThunderShock and paralyzed the goddamn Luvdisc, then I used a Potion on it and Luvdisc got a bit of a Parahax, then used ThunderShock again and critted! Starmie came and I was ready to restart the whole procces, but then ThunderShock critted AGAIN and killed the Starmie. Togetic was a joke compared to the rest of her team though.

Lt. Surge
Original Team: Jynx, Combusken, Marshtomp and Manectric
Lead > Marshtomp > Slay everything

Erika
Original Team: Jynx, Swampert, Combusken, Ampharos and Dodrio
Ditched out Manectric because it's coverage sucks and replaced it with Ampharos. Also, catched a Dodrio and made it learn Fly.
I basically leveled up like 15 levels with Doduo on the gym lol. Once it became Dodrio, Fly everything.

Koga
Original Team: Jynx, Swampert, Combusken, Ampharos, Dodrio and Victreebel

Fuck his Crobat. Jynx swept everything but the goddam Crobat. Ampharos tanked a Sludge Bomb and then Thunderbolt away, until it ucking critted lol. Electrode was not as bad, but it was a bit difficult for Swampert though.

Sabrina
A combination of Fake Tears and Ice Beam swept her team. Got a close call with that CM BP Mr. Mime to Espeon, though.

Blaine
Ninetales and Arcanine were swept by Swampert, however Blaziken and Typhlosion... FUCK BLAST BURN'S BURN RATE. That shit never missed. However got a bit of luck and never got burn the 3 times that Blaziken hit me with BB. Then Typhlosion missed and swept the rest of his team. >:D

Giovanni
The combination of Victreebel and Swampert made this so incredibly easy.

On my way to Victory Road!

I finished the game, the second Elite Four, but I used the 6 Blissey trainers :(

I'm trying to complete Pokedex .... Hoenn Fossils / Gligar still missing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)