Pokemon Generations: Anime shorts series featuring game highlights from all generations

As people have said I really wish they had included a Gen 7 Trilogy. It just feels weird that there was this new shiny generation and they're not making episodes for them (well, the chance is tiny but not impossible I guess). There is a lot of good base material in SuMo to work on (Team Skull and Po Town, Aether Foundation, Lillie/Gladion escaping, The Ultra Beasts, Kukui/Guzma about being rejected captains, etc) that it makes no sense to me.

I feel the reason is that the games are just out, so it'd be pretty dumb to release material that would likely spoil late- or post-game material. Not everyone has the games yet.
And yes, yes, internet spoils everything anyway; but you'd be surprised how many people are able to stay away from that sort of thing and just be exposed to official material, especially when they're not as addicted to their keyboards as we are.

I feel the reason is that the games are just out, so it'd be pretty dumb to release material that would likely spoil late- or post-game material. Not everyone has the games yet.
And yes, yes, internet spoils everything anyway; but you'd be surprised how many people are able to stay away from that sort of thing and just be exposed to official material, especially when they're not as addicted to their keyboards as we are.
They've been out for over a month and Christmas has just passed. I'd say that enough time has passed now.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Man, I really enjoyed this series while it lasted! The more serious tones and faithful adaptation of the game storylines were a welcome change from the main anime, and something found myself looking forward to every week. Personally, I liked the episodes best which focused on retelling iconic events from the games, probably because they made the best use of the limited timeframe and worked perfectly as standalone feature, in my opinion. Having memorable cutscenes such as the emerging Giratina packed into dynamic pictures, and even just pieces of dialogue like the one between Ghetsis and N brought to life, was amazing, especially when accompanied by powerful remixes of original game themes. On the other hand, episodes exploring untold aspects and following secondary characters were certainly interesting as well, but oftentimes felt somewhat incomplete and rushed with just a couple of minutes of playtime.

My favorite episode of the series has to be The Reawakening.
It might have been very heavy on narration, but the format actually worked perfectly for an event that is known as a local legend. It helps that the voice acting is one of the best in the entire series (not that much of an achievement, to be honest), and is complemented by some really amazing music and images. Ho-Oh's and Suicune's themes are among the most beautiful and unique throughout all of the games, and their remixes fit in subtly and naturally to enhance the mysterious atmosphere. The images have a spectacular composition throughout and are definitely worthy depictions of the legendary Pokemon, with their effective use of colors and lighting highlighting the power and at the same time elusiveness of the legends. Finally, I found the character portrayal of Eusine to be quite interesting and well-developed. To me, he was always one of the weirder figures in the games whose strange fixation with Suicune hasn't really been explained, so getting some insight into his actual background and motivations was very appreciated. Especially the conclusion of the episode speaks volumes of his personality and ends his character arc at a good pace, which makes The Reawakening feel a lot more well-rounded than most of the other episodes.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
*Sees the latest anime teaser shows Ilima might have been written out and then remembers Hau probably isn't going to be in the main anime either*

You know what, Pokemon Generations, I forgive you for animating events we saw in the games. Because at least you remembered to show us the characters we want to see in the scenarios similar to what we want to see them in: how it was in the games. Because Arceus forbid the main anime does it.

Last edited:
*Sees the latest anime teaser shows Ilima might have been written out and then remembers Hau probably isn't going to be in the main anime either*

You know what, Pokemon Generations, I forgive you for animating events we saw in the games. Because at least you remembered to show us the characters we want to see in the scenarios similar to what we want to see them in: how it was in the games. Because Arceus forbid the main anime does it.
*remembers the main anime's Team Plasma arc*

Shudder. They could have done cool things with Team Plasma. I guess I'm glad N still had his ideals clash with Ash and everything, but it's much more dramatic when he's part of Team Plasma and has his whole manipulated by Ghetsis thing. And Team Plasma is a lot cooler when they're not just clearly 100% evil from the get-go. (Admittedly, B/W weren't perfect on this either, but they were better.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)