Pokemon Is Fun, Peaked #1 w/ 1610

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Hello I'm pokemonisfun but call me pif. This thread is slightly more than just an RMT it is also a defense on why stall is the greatest play style in UU. First thing is first though, I am not going to use this team much anymore because it bores me. Technically it did not peak yet as I plan to maintain a rating with this team but whatever. It is currently ranked number one by a more modest margin and its been on the top for several weeks now; the team is very good. It is fair to say if you are on top of the UU ladder you probably have run into me more than once and lost at least once.

I'm done bragging, so here we go.

Team Building Process

I decide on a stall team as they are extremely stable and I am lazy, if I can make one good team I will definitely milk it as much as I can. Lickilicky comes in first because several reasons, it can cleric and Wish Pass and counter some Special Attackers just like Blissey except for the fact is has lower special bulk which sucks. It is my UU version of Blissey.

Roserade will be a dual Spiker because I like hazards, a lot, I plan on them being my main source of damage. Toxic Spikes will only sometimes come into play but they help Lickilicky beat things like Raikou really well so I am comfortable with it.

I am lacking physical bulk right now which Arcanine can patch up in several ways. First of all, it is primarily a physical tank because I run a defensive set. Secondly it can soften attackers by Intimidate and lastly it can dish out burns very easily with Will-o-Wisp which is very nice. A burned and Intimidated Scarfgon for instance can become set up fodder for Roserade.

There is very little doubt in my mind that Lickilicky will crumple to repeated special assaults, remember I use it primarily for its moves not its bulk. Seeing as I can't even touch Chandelure (something I am supposed to counter) I might as well add on the special bulk by using a specially defensive Milotic.

If I have hazards I need to keep them up. The only spinblocker that is really good is Sableye, Mismagius would be a waste as I already have a cleric and Dusclops is weak to Foresight. Nothing can take on stallbreakers like Sableye who has priority Taunt to beat up and other Sableye (speed creep ftw).

I need two things, Stealth Rock and a Spinner would be nice seeing as I am completely grounded and all my Pokemon are very weak to hazards. Claydol is a better Spinner than most people think because it can scare Chandelure a bit and it can easily predict Ghost switch-ins, Toxicing them or else setting up its own hazards. It has spun on teams with Sableye before.

Umbreon is basically a better LickiLicky. Technically I used quite a few replacements for Blissey but I think it would be pointless for me to show them, they contributed little (Audino for a couple battles, Clefable for a couple battles). All I really lose out on now is Yanmega which was rare at the time and handled decently by Milotic in exchage for beating out a whole lot more of special attackers. I still can cleric and Wish Pass.

My Product of Providence

Leftovers (Synchronize)
Careful: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpD
~Wish
~Protect
~Payback
~Heal Bell

Out of all my Pokemon this one comes into play most often because it has so much utility, namely Wish and Heal Bell. Wish is fairly large coming from Umbreon healing at least half of all my Pokemon's health which is enough for the most part. The EVs make me extremely specially defensive allowing me to comfortably tank even Specs Kingdra and easily allowing me to Wish stall many things. It is extremely passive and allows many things to set up but between phazers and very solid walls they are not a big problem. Special attackers struggle to break through me even after set up (Mismagius at +2 cannot OHKO with a LO HP Fighting while Payback does over 95% to it).

Leftovers (Natural Cure)
Calm:252 HP, 112 Def, 136 SpD, 8 Spe
~Spikes
~Rest
~Toxic Spikes
~Giga Drain

This thing is my main power source, without it, I would be very hard pressed to do any damage. I will probably move the defense EVs in special defense soon but as of now they are pretty nice, helping me take stray U-turns and making switching in to Slowbro and Swampert a bit less scary. Dual Spiking may be better down with Roselia, I have used it before but I am going to stick with Roserade over that since Suicune is a threat she handles decently. Spikes are extremely powerful, over the course of the battle they can easily dish out a couple hundred percent worth of damage if it gets drawn out and I can set up early. Xatu is a problem of course but plenty of times I beat it by pivoting to Milotic and then Umbreon to Synchronize the Toxic. Roserade counters very little, it leaves most of the hardcore tanking to Umbreon, Milotic and Arcanine but if can ever get a safe switch in then expect it to start abusing hazards. Rest is an extremely powerful move on a defensive Natural Cure Pokemon as it lets me live for about forever while not needing to use Wish or Heal Bell. The main problem with Roserade is that it allows many Pokemon I hate acing to switch in or set up, like CB Flygon and CM Raikou. Both cannot break my entire team by themselves though so it won't ever be a team breaking problem.

Leftovers (Intimidate)
Impish: 248 HP, 236 Def, 16 SpD, 8 Spe
~Will-o-Wisp
~Flareblitz
~Roar
~Morning Sun

This has extrodinary defensive powers, more bulky than Hippowdon physically, it has two flaws one of which I try to patch up. It cannot function well with lots of hazards up so I have a spinner, the second is Sand sort of cripples me but sand teams are little threat in any case. The EVs allow me four Stealth Rock switch ins and gives me a nice 200 special defense which just looks better than 196. Very few physical attackers can break through me, including Adamant DD Kingdra, Waterfall does only 60% or so at +0 while I can burn it. Pretty nice Roar allows me some phazing potential and messes up Sub Kingdra who think they can set up on me (all of them) while Flareblitz gives me awesome power for a defensive Pokemon, and good neutral coverage. It does in frail sweepers pretty nicely. Arcanine basically walls physical anything just because of Intmidate including Cobalion, CS Flygon, Darmantian, Victini, and Heracross. Arcanine is just amazing.

Leftovers (Marvel Scale)
Calm: 252 HP, 164 Def, 64 SpD, 12 Spe
~Scald
~Dragon Tail
~Ice Beam
~Recover

Not truly a mixed wall since it is quite physically frail (which sucks if you're a bulky water but hey, Intimidate patches that up). This is just a back up special defender that tries to help out Umbreon by offering a different typing, phazing and more instant Recovery is nice too. It is very bulky on the special side, taking less than 40% from your standard defensive Roserade which is amazing considering it has 125 base special attack and is doubly effective. Milotic serves as a check to many things but as a counter to only a few, mainly it will be taking off pressure from my other defenders since attackers in UU are very strong compared to the defenders. Ice Beam is nice and nails Flygon if I need a hit on it while also doing decent damage to offensive Roserade switch ins which are dangerous for my team. Scald's burn rate has helped me win on more than one occasion, especially on things like Cobalion if it has reached end game and I can't effectively counter it anymore. Not much can set up on me in fear of Burn and phazing which is great for a stall team.

Leftovers (Prankster)
Careful: 252 HP, 104 Def, 136 SpD, 16 Spe
~Taunt
~Will-o-Wisp
~Foul Play
~Recover

Spinblocker number one, if you need one then this is your best bet. It acts very much as a fail safe on some attackers by burning rampaging CB Flygons and such (well 75% fail safe) while Prankster allows me to basically not invest in speed to focus on bulk. The little speed I do use is slowly for the very improtant speed creep and lets me not get destroyed by opposing Sableye (although my Arcanine can usually beat it anyways). Taunt allows be to stop plenty of things from setting up or that want to Taunt me first. As a spinblocker Sableye usually succeeds unless it faces something like Lum Kabutops in which case I am fairly screwed. I am thinking of adding more special defense to deal with Togekiss better but it might be pointless since it will probably NP sweep right through me anyways. Sableye offers plenty of support to the team mainly in just being a Ghost type but it still sees little play time which is too bad. It just isn't extremely bulky like everything else is but it is the best at what it does.

Leftovers (Levitate)
Bold: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe
~Rapid Spin
~Earth Power
~Toxic
~Stealth Rock

Another huge team player here but its still not very good, more like it is required since it has so many roles to fill up. Stealth Rock is the best move in the world so I have to fit it on the team and spinning is needed so my walls don't just crumple. Earth Power is used over Earthquake but I may use Earthquake to power through Raikou and Chandelure more easily. Not decided yet. Rapid Spin is an extremely important move and it can get past Ghosts by either killing them outright (Chandelure) or waiting for my team to kill them (in which case the Spikes are hurting me, but what can you do huh?). Toxic is a good utility move that cripples Sableye switching in which is pretty obvious while the EVs allow me to more easily take on Cobalion and friend (unless they run covragae moves). Physical defense is better than special defense because it allows me to abuse my resistances more and I can take a Scald still if I have to to set up Rocks because my chunky 120 base special defense. Claydol may not be the perfect spinner, Stealth Rock user or pivot, but it can still do them all which is nice.

Why it works
Considering how offensive UU is at the moment, you may be surprised to see a successful stall team, probably one of the most successful teams right now in UU. Laddering might be easy, but being at the top for two, three, reaching four weeks now by a pretty huge margin, fifty, sixty, at one point well over a hundred points has to mean something. I had no idea how it worked but it just did so I tried to find out by just looking very in depth to the team and the metagame it is in.

UU is not friendly to stall teams. It has no Chansey, it has insanely powerful attackers to the point where people often consider it about as powerful as generation four's OU metagame. How can it function when the defenders are not as strong as last generation? Relying on huge bulk is no longer possible, if you could make that work in last generation UU or OU, you can forget it now. Huge bulk by which I mean large defensive stats will change relative to the tier (Umbreon may be an extremely powerful unbreakable NU wall but it is not so in UU). I have experimented in the lower tiers making stall teams that peaked number one again for NU and RU. Obviously I am not going to have access to extremly bulky Pokemon so I have to rely on things that won't change. Here is some of what won't change; damage from hazards, power reduction from Burn, phazing's effectivenes on stopping set up, decrease in power from Intimidate, high healing from Wish, low damage from resisted moves, etc. If large bulk was still key, then you might see Cresselia still making it into stall; you don't.

I have been playing only since generation four but it is pretty clear to me the times have changed very much, offense is going to go crazy getting more power and coverage every single generation. Stall will never disappear as far as I can tell though because it has to rely on things outside of bulk now; tactics may change but the strategy will not. As long as stall can continue to adapt, stall will continue to work.

Importable
Umbreon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Payback
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Roserade (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 136 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Rest

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 16 SDef / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 64 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Tail

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 136 SDef / 16 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power

This team is really freaking solid.

It's great to see a very underused, and very underrated playstyle peak so high. Kudos PIF, you're definitely one of the best UU Stall players around (nothing's really changed there eh? haha). As you mentioned, you're pretty NP Togekiss weak, but fixing that opens holes to other threats, and it's hard to stop every single threat in the tier (fuck BW).

Great team <3

Beautiful team! I remember asking you for this team and you trolled me a bit. :P This team is nearly like your other rmt that didn't really get noticed, hopefully this one gets more love since you put the (Peaked #1) tag on it.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey cool team! I have battled it a few times and it's extremely solid... The only problem I see with it is how your team depends so much on Arcanine staying alive. It's needed to check too many physical threats that it can be easily worn down in the end, especially if the opponent don't give you a chance to spin (something easy with certain teams / double switches).

Oh, and how do you deal with CM Raikou? I mean, the only way you have of dealing with it is laying Toxic Spikes quickly and avoid then being spinned/absorbed during the match, which it's pretty difficult imo. SubSeed Shaymin is also a huge threat (again, toxic spikes are needed), so what do you if you aren't able to lay toxic spikes against threats like those?

Anyway, solid team :)

This team seems like it would be really weak to strong special attackers to me. I've faced a number of Umbreon before, though not on this exact team, and I never once had a problem killing it even with special sweepers. It just doesn't have the same effortless walling capabilities that the pink blobs do - obviously there isn't much you can do about this. Umbreon just seems like anything that doesn't mind payback, which is a lot of sweepers, could just set up all over it and go to town. NP Mew seems like it beats you pretty handily if it has Shadow Ball in the fourth slot, since Payback will only do around 50% and +2 Aura Sphere cleanly 2HKOs Umbreon. You can probably just about beat it by commitee, but it's going to leave big holes in the team and that doesn't seem like a good thing to me when Pokemon are relying on being healthy to check a lot of things. This also seems like it's pretty weak to teams that like to get hazards down early since Claydol flat-out loses to most spinblockers and Pokemon like Arcanine especially can't afford to switch into hazards. CB Heracross is a pretty rare threat but it can also give you a lot of trouble, since between Megahorn and Close Combat it absolutely decimates most of your Pokemon. you can't burn it either because of Guts. It doesn't 100% beat you of course since you can play around Close Combat and Megahorn with Claydol, Sableye and Arcanine, but that's a risky game and doesn't really work against teams that spikestack. SubCM Raikou also seems like something you can't beat with Toxic Spikes being up; if they are up you're even more vulnerable to the aformentioned Heracross.
I guess I just don't get this team. It seems to me like it's very reliant on you to play better than the opponent to beat a lot of Pokemon, which maybe works if you're that good a player but seems lioke a dodgy strategy to me. Maybe I'm missing something, though, and it's not as easy to set Spikes all over you as I think it would be. Maybe Claydol does an actual decent job of spinning on things somehow. You say that Claydol just waits for the rest of your team to kill opposing ghosts, but against good spikestacking offense you'll surely be smashed in the meantime?
Again, I feel like I must be missing something. I guess it's probably the way you play it that lends it the effectiveness I don't see. If I remember, I might watch some ladder battles of this. I'm curious to see how it works now, lol.
Anyway this is obviously a good team since you did so well with it, I'm jsut not sure how :P. Gratz anyway.

Hi pif, amazing team and great job reaching #1! While I hate facing stall, I have to commend you.

One thing that you seem to be weak to is Cobalion. I know you have Arcanine, Sableye, and Claydol to counter it, but what about SubCM variants? They can easily switch in on Roserade or Umbreon and set up, while Milotic and Sableye can't do anything. Arcanine takes a large chunk from a boosted Focus Blast, which only leaves Claydol. If you don't manage to keep Claydol alive through wish passing, then SubCM Cobalion sweeps your team.

They aren't that common, but I'd like to know how you deal with them.

P.S. You should look over your RMT again, there are some grammar and spelling mistakes. Also, you list Rapid Spin twice under Claydol.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
This team is really freaking solid.

It's great to see a very underused, and very underrated playstyle peak so high. Kudos PIF, you're definitely one of the best UU Stall players around (nothing's really changed there eh? haha). As you mentioned, you're pretty NP Togekiss weak, but fixing that opens holes to other threats, and it's hard to stop every single threat in the tier (fuck BW).

Great team <3

I do enjoy compliments.

Yes it is extremely hard to beat NP Togekiss but I can occasionally win against them (unless they use Heal Bell too lol) since Arcanine can usually outspeed and damage and my team just flings status at it. I have beaten teams on more than one occasion using NP Togekiss.

Beautiful team! I remember asking you for this team and you trolled me a bit. :P This team is nearly like your other rmt that didn't really get noticed, hopefully this one gets more love since you put the (Peaked #1) tag on it.
-blushes-

Hey cool team! I have battled it a few times and it's extremely solid... The only problem I see with it is how your team depends so much on Arcanine staying alive. It's needed to check too many physical threats that it can be easily worn down in the end, especially if the opponent don't give you a chance to spin (something easy with certain teams / double switches).

Oh, and how do you deal with CM Raikou? I mean, the only way you have of dealing with it is laying Toxic Spikes quickly and avoid then being spinned/absorbed during the match, which it's pretty difficult imo. SubSeed Shaymin is also a huge threat (again, toxic spikes are needed), so what do you if you aren't able to lay toxic spikes against threats like those?

Anyway, solid team :)
Yes it is pretty easy to put lots of pressure on Arcanine but I do have priority burn to enhance my team's physical bulk and Arcanine just has to come in to Intimidate to be effective sometimes, not needing to absorb moves. Like coming in against Cobalion I go to Arcanine to reduce attack as they might set a sub up and then I go to Claydol as they attack if I don't feel like phazing them (because lets be honest, no Cobalion wants to further set up against an Arcanine)

CM Raikou depends on the CM set, Sub CM, LO CM, some bulky three attacks CM. LO is generally the least of my worries since everytime it takes damage it loses it permanently and Umbreon beats it fairly easily. Sub is not really a problem since they love to set up a Sub to scout instead of boosting on the forced switch. They waste a quarter of their health scouting with Sub. Arcanine may phaze it out if they want to set up a CM behind a Sub which is just funny. Sub Seed Shaymin never beat me or caused me to break a sweat, Umbreon can come in and support the team for a few turns (Cleric, suck up Seeed Flare PP) and then Wish pass to Roserade/Arcanine to defeat Shaymin.

Hi pif, amazing team and great job reaching #1! While I hate facing stall, I have to commend you.

One thing that you seem to be weak to is Cobalion. I know you have Arcanine, Sableye, and Claydol to counter it, but what about SubCM variants? They can easily switch in on Roserade or Umbreon and set up, while Milotic and Sableye can't do anything. Arcanine takes a large chunk from a boosted Focus Blast, which only leaves Claydol. If you don't manage to keep Claydol alive through wish passing, then SubCM Cobalion sweeps your team.

They aren't that common, but I'd like to know how you deal with them.

P.S. You should look over your RMT again, there are some grammar and spelling mistakes. Also, you list Rapid Spin twice under Claydol.
Nobody really uses Sub CM Cobalion but Arcanine can still phaze it out because Cobalion isn't about to use CM to scout, it uses Sub to scout. Everything seems to bet my team in theory, like how would I deal with CB Flygon, but the fact remains I have seen them on the ladder multiple times and I still manage to halt them. The best I can say is, I play around them.

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes, I will catch the rest later.

I didn't get around to watching you so it'd be really cool if you could post a few replays in this thread. Not only would it give me a better understanding of how exactly this team manages to get anywhere (:P) but it'd be a better illustration of while you feel stall is the best playstyle since you can back it up with examples.

ok just a suggestion since i never play uu, have you thought about on roserade since you already have rest to try leaf storm over giga drain. it hurts alot more on anything that comes in plus you know that roserade never stays in to long so the sp atk drop wont hurt you

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I didn't get around to watching you so it'd be really cool if you could post a few replays in this thread. Not only would it give me a better understanding of how exactly this team manages to get anywhere (:P) but it'd be a better illustration of while you feel stall is the best playstyle since you can back it up with examples.
Sorry I don't have any replays I can convert using the replay thingy because I don't save logs. At least that's how I think it works. I do have the replays that PO saved for me automatically though, I copied and pasted the text for one of my battles. I took out my opponent's name since I don't have their permission to use this battle. I couldn't find a battle where I had to face a CM Raikou but I think this battle demonstrates how I play around threats that seem like they would demolish me. I add in comments in bold. This is not a war story by any means.

Battle between pokemon is fun and XXX started!

Tier: Standard UU
Mode: Singles
Variation: +11, -21
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Claydol / Umbreon / Milotic / Arcanine / Roserade / Sableye
Opponent's team: Yanmega / Arcanine / Kingdra / Weavile / Magneton / Kabutops

By Myself is watching the battle.
Bomber.92 is watching the battle.
pokemon is fun sent out Milotic!
XXX sent out Kabutops!

I notice my opponent is using a Yanmega which is not good news for me, I am Yanmega weak especially to versions with Specs or even Modest LO which hits as hard as Timid Specs. I am also a tad Kabutops weak. If my opponent opens with either of those and my check isn't out yet, I may quickly lose material which will make it almost impossible to defend repeated assaults from Arcanine and Kingdra. Milotic lead is natural, if my opponent cannot break Milotic pretty early on she can wall him to death
Start of turn 1
XXX called Kabutops back!
XXX sent out Magneton!

Milotic used Scald!
XXX's Magneton lost 48% of its health!

XXX's Magneton restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 2
XXX called Magneton back!
XXX sent out Yanmega!

pokemon is fun called Milotic back!
pokemon is fun sent out Claydol!

Double switching is a nice tactic my opponent just did here. Kudos to him. Of course I have only one real Yanmega counter so here I go.
Start of turn 3
pokemon is fun called Claydol back!

XXX's Yanmega used Bug Buzz!
Milotic lost 142 HP! (43% of its health)
XXX's Yanmega is hurt by its Life Orb!

Milotic restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
XXX's Yanmega's Speed Boost increases its speed!
XXX's Yanmega's Speed rose!

Start of turn 4
Milotic lost 156 HP! (48% of its health)

Milotic used Recover!
Milotic regained health!

Two crucial turns here. If my opponent decided to use Air Slash instead of Bug Buzz on the second attackI would have had only a 58% or so chance of not getting critted or flinched. I consider their second Bug Buzz a mistake.
Start of turn 5
XXX called Yanmega back!
XXX sent out Kabutops!

Milotic used Scald!
XXX's Kabutops lost 52% of its health!

Start of turn 6
XXX's Kabutops used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around pokemon is fun's team!

Milotic used Scald!
A critical hit!
XXX's Kabutops lost 47% of its health!
XXX's Kabutops fainted!
My fears of SD Kabutops sweeping are happily gone now.
XXX sent out Kingdra!

Start of turn 7
XXX's Kingdra used Substitute!
XXX's Kingdra made a substitute!

Milotic used Dragon Tail!
It's super effective!
XXX's Kingdra's substitute took the damage!

XXX's Kingdra restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8
XXX's Kingdra used Dragon Dance!
XXX's Kingdra's Attack rose!
XXX's Kingdra's Speed rose!

Milotic used Ice Beam!
XXX's Kingdra's substitute faded!

Start of turn 9
pokemon is fun sent out Arcanine!
Pointed stones dug into Arcanine!

Arcanine intimidates XXX's Kingdra!
XXX's Kingdra's Attack fell!
XXX's Kingdra used Substitute!
XXX's Kingdra made a substitute!

Arcanine restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 10
XXX's Kingdra used Dragon Dance!
XXX's Kingdra's Attack rose!
XXX's Kingdra's Speed rose!

Arcanine used Roar!
XXX's Weavile was dragged out!
XXX's Weavile is exerting its Pressure!

By Myself: lol
Do you consider my opponent greedy here? I don't, if I didn't Roar they would have either swept or gained insurmountable material. Roar is uncommon to say the least. But if they did weaken my Arcanine enough they would leave me open to Weavile. Lucky me perhaps?
Start of turn 11
XXX called Weavile back!
XXX sent out Arcanine!

XXX's Arcanine intimidates Arcanine!
Arcanine's Attack fell!
Arcanine used Will-O-Wisp!

Start of turn 12
XXX called Arcanine back!
XXX sent out Kingdra!

Arcanine used Morning Sun!
Arcanine regained health!

Start of turn 13
XXX called Kingdra back!
XXX sent out Arcanine!

Arcanine's Attack fell!
pokemon is fun called Arcanine back!
pokemon is fun sent out Sableye!
Pointed stones dug into Sableye!

Sableye restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 14
pokemon is fun called Sableye back!
Pointed stones dug into Arcanine!

Arcanine intimidates XXX's Arcanine!
XXX's Arcanine's Attack fell!
XXX's Arcanine used Wild Charge!
Arcanine lost 73 HP! (19% of its health)
XXX's Arcanine is hit with recoil!
XXX's Arcanine is hurt by its Life Orb!

Start of turn 15
XXX sent out Magneton!

Arcanine used Will-O-Wisp!
XXX's Magneton was burned!

XXX's Magneton is hurt by its burn!

I get a nice burn in so the threat of Sub+Charge Magneton is gone now.
Start of turn 16
XXX sent out Arcanine!

Arcanine's Attack fell!
Pointed stones dug into Claydol!

Claydol restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 17
XXX's Arcanine used Flare Blitz!
Claydol lost 189 HP! (47% of its health)

Claydol used Rapid Spin!
XXX's Arcanine lost 4% of its health!
Claydol blew away Stealth Rock!

On a switch my opponent loses hazards. I now think I made a mistake here and should proabbly have set up SR myself to keep Yanmega, Arcanine and Weavile in check.
Start of turn 18

Arcanine intimidates XXX's Arcanine!
XXX's Arcanine's Attack fell!
XXX's Arcanine used Flare Blitz!
It's not very effective...
Arcanine lost 75 HP! (19% of its health)

Start of turn 19
XXX sent out Magneton!

Arcanine used Morning Sun!
Arcanine regained health!

Start of turn 20
pokemon is fun sent out Roserade!

XXX's Magneton used Flash Cannon!
Roserade lost 120 HP! (37% of its health)
Roserade's Sp. Def. fell!

Roserade restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 21
Roserade lost 156 HP! (48% of its health)

Roserade used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of XXX's team!

Roserade restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Toxic Spikes with one layer even should cripple Weavile, Arcanine and Kingdra now. My opponent is quickly losing steam and they need to start picking up the pace again.
Start of turn 22
pokemon is fun called Roserade back!
pokemon is fun sent out Umbreon!

XXX's Magneton used Thunderbolt!
Umbreon lost 99 HP! (25% of its health)

Umbreon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
xMeanL00kx is watching the battle.

I just can't stand losing a Pokemon haha. Roserade may come in another day, if only as fodder.
Start of turn 23
XXX sent out Yanmega!

Umbreon used Wish!

Start of turn 24
XXX called Yanmega back!
XXX sent out Magneton!

pokemon is fun called Umbreon back!

Umbreon's wish came true!
xMeanL00kx stopped watching the battle.

Start of turn 25
XXX sent out Yanmega!

Start of turn 26
XXX called Yanmega back!
XXX sent out Magneton!

pokemon is fun: wheeee
XXX: done that to make myself
XXX: feel good
XXX: ;p

Start of turn 27
XXX sent out Yanmega!

pokemon is fun: we have porn for that
Bomber.92: ahah

Start of turn 28

Milotic lost 160 HP! (49% of its health)

pokemon is fun: i really hate yanmega

Start of turn 29
XXX's Yanmega used Air Slash!
Milotic lost 136 HP! (41% of its health)

Milotic used Recover!
Milotic regained health!

Start of turn 30
XXX's Yanmega used Air Slash!
Milotic lost 118 HP! (36% of its health)

Milotic used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
XXX's Yanmega lost 50% of its health!
XXX's Yanmega fainted!

XXX sent out Magneton!

Crucial turns pass by. The lack of Air Slash flinches and crits mean it is gg now, yanmega was my opponents last real chance. However I believe if I did get flinched then Sableye could come in and just burn Yanmega and survive for a total of two turns. This means Yanmega will quickly die to residual damage and not sweep, just take a couple Pokemon down. Roserade is still around to fodder for another 10 (LO) + 12.5 (burn) damage while Umbreon can Protect. Milotic staying alive is not significant because it stopped Yanmega, more like because it can stall out Kingdra.
Start of turn 31

Claydol lost 120 HP! (30% of its health)

Start of turn 32

XXX's Magneton used Thunderbolt!
Umbreon lost 97 HP! (24% of its health)

Start of turn 33
Umbreon lost 91 HP! (23% of its health)

Umbreon used Wish!

XXX's Magneton fainted!
XXX sent out Weavile!
XXX's Weavile was poisoned!

XXX's Weavile is exerting its Pressure!
pokemon is fun won the battle!
My opponent sees how it is hopeless and quits.

By end game: all my members are still alive with over 60% except Milotic (13%) and Roserade (27%). I set one layer of TS. No hazards are on my side. Yanmega, Kabutops and Magneton are all slain. Weavile will not break my full health Arcanine. Their Arcanine will not break my Arcanine and will be normally poisoned in switch in. Their Kingdra will not break through my entire team as it is on 74% health and poisoned normally.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Like the team, how do you deal with NP/Roost Togekiss though? I assume Milotic with Dragon Tail is your first option but it gets fucked on by Air Slash with a bit of luck.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi man very nice team, congrats for using stall, and i think that i agree with you that stall is the greatest playstyle to use in the ladder, since it is quite hard to stop if you don't use the select few pokes that trouble the certain stall team, or you don't manage to outplay the stall player and get momentum early on.

I think that using Slowking over Milotic would help your team a lot! Slowking is an excellent pivot and mixed wall, that can wall threats that are troubling otherwise such as NP Mew, Specs Kingdra, SubDD Kingdra, LO Kingdra and many more. It already beats most things that Milotic did, and has even more special bulk than Milotic, because he has nice resistances from the physical side, so he doesn't need to invest so much in defense. Here is the set:

Slowking @ Lefties
Sassy Nature
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 72 Def / 176 SpD
Ability: Regenerator
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast / Thunder Wave / Ice Beam

The attack evs along with a Sassy nature are used to ensure that you will always break standard SubDD Kingdra's subs with D-Tail, preventing him from setting up on you. With the given SpD evs, LO Kingdra never 2hkoes with Dragon Pulse + DM after SR. Great mon in general, give it a try, although it leaves you helpless against Yanmega, but covering the threats it does seems more helpful to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)