1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon IV Calculator

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by .River, Jan 6, 2008.

1. .River

.River

This took 2 days to code.

Used Javascript/CSS/HTML.

I've been doing multiple checks against MetalKid's IV Calculator, but I would still like other's to use and see if there are mistakes.

http://moregfx.com/PKMN/IV.htm

Please don't re-use or redistribute or use anywhere else unless you ask here.

Also, can you tell me what happens at the end?
  2. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

No. By posting something in C&C, you are making it available for Smogon to use. This isn't free advertising space.
  3. .River

.River

I just don't want anyone using it right now until it has been proven to work. Ok, anyone who wants to use it, go ahead ^^. Also, chaos it is only working for people offline, but online the Javascript just doesnt do anything, would you know why?
  4. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

Your source code is an absolute mess - nonsensical variable names, no indentation to speak of, etc... I'm not going to look at it in-depth.
  5. ryubahamut

ryubahamut
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Perhaps implement a dropdown list instead of having to enter the nature manually?
  6. .River

.River

I did, but it gave problems 'onchange' in IE and Safari. I can also validate it easier this way. chaos, I will try and indent it etc, but the variable names make absolute sense. They are all basically the stat followed by iv / ev / pv / base.
  7. darkblade2519

darkblade2519

it keeps asking me to type in nature box first even though i did
  8. .River

.River

Wait, so the Javascript is working for you? Anyways, what exactly did you type into the nature box?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)