1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon IV Calculator

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by .River, Jan 6, 2008.

1. .River

.River

This took 2 days to code.

Used Javascript/CSS/HTML.

I've been doing multiple checks against MetalKid's IV Calculator, but I would still like other's to use and see if there are mistakes.

http://moregfx.com/PKMN/IV.htm

Please don't re-use or redistribute or use anywhere else unless you ask here.

Also, can you tell me what happens at the end?
  2. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

No. By posting something in C&C, you are making it available for Smogon to use. This isn't free advertising space.
  3. .River

.River

I just don't want anyone using it right now until it has been proven to work. Ok, anyone who wants to use it, go ahead ^^. Also, chaos it is only working for people offline, but online the Javascript just doesnt do anything, would you know why?
  4. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

Your source code is an absolute mess - nonsensical variable names, no indentation to speak of, etc... I'm not going to look at it in-depth.
  5. ryubahamut

ryubahamut
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Perhaps implement a dropdown list instead of having to enter the nature manually?
  6. .River

.River

I did, but it gave problems 'onchange' in IE and Safari. I can also validate it easier this way. chaos, I will try and indent it etc, but the variable names make absolute sense. They are all basically the stat followed by iv / ev / pv / base.
  7. darkblade2519

darkblade2519

it keeps asking me to type in nature box first even though i did
  8. .River

.River

Wait, so the Javascript is working for you? Anyways, what exactly did you type into the nature box?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)