1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokemon Lynchpin Mafia - The Loyal Win

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Aura Guardian, Mar 31, 2010.

1. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributordefeated the Smogon Frontier

Lightwolf, like I said, I blame this all on you for believing a mafia instead of believing a fellow villager.

Stupid idiot.
  2. Yeti

Yeti

Not lynching Altair was literally the dumbest thing possible. Even dumber than the Remoraid Mafia village's actions. They at least were fighting 4 mafia and a neutral who could win with either with a silencer on their mayor vote.

and hey why are Loyals so much better than us :(
  3. reyscarface

reyscarface

Nah Lightwolf was right, there is probably a wolf and we had to get it or there would be 2 kills every night, meaning we lose badly, lynching the wolf was basically winning the game, though im blaming him because the idiot didnt let me see the spreadsheet to consult furthre instead of hastily doing this stupid lynch which just costed us the game.

I hate losing mafia games due to other people being dense.
  4. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

hahahahaha! went out with a bang
  5. Amake

Amake

I hope it wasnt you who killed our mole :(
  6. asim

asim

i'm really glad we just had a two hour lynch without allowing for anyone to try and stop it.

oh wait...

altair kill me last please i'm still only in the game to mess with stuff
  7. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

It's not like we would have won even if we lynch you

On the damned sheet you'd have still only found 3 damn suspects: Finn who was tested already of being unlynchable, and was proven to be cute which seriously makes me doubt it could kill with fear alone and I have tracked him the night the first fear kill happened even... Then there is sm64, who was kinda cleaned in by Gardevoir, though could be like in Unicycle where the wolf get's a fake like that, pretty much he is the most likely to be the other wolf.

And rey, don't go around bitching now, you have done what the whole game? Claim you knew Arceus after he has died? As far as I know you have claimed to mind that he is Arceus too, even if you were just fucking around, you should have just said who arceus was...

Could you please tell me what action you targeted undisput3d with, because I clearly told you to lower his priority...
  8. reyscarface

reyscarface

Not my fault you decided to go with a Loyal instead of a Protector to lead the village, you screwed that up, and dont come with stupid bullshit of "I PREFER HIM" because thats retarded.
  9. THE_IRON_KENYAN

THE_IRON_KENYAN 0 vv 0
    is a Forum Moderator

Rey, we went with a Loyal for a leader(part of my master plan) because my role PM simply wouldnt ALLOW me to come public at any point in the game ever and because we would get a full spreadsheet the quickest.
  10. reyscarface

reyscarface

And then this happened, and then protectors lost, good riddance.
  11. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

Look at this this way: If we go with you, no way in hell would TIK claim to you and still basically just work with the loyal's and we would worse off, also you were being stupid, if you want to lead with that role you need to die, see Nintendo Mafia, Blue_Tornado did it right, he took the hit and then led, you on the other hand wanted to lead and basically removed any chance that you would be killed by the mafia and suggested you'd get lynched, also the way your role(the one you claimed that is...) it wasn't sure if you are just some sort of B/LPV and could be using a simple power to survive and not only waste a lynch, but even get trusted. As I said back then and still say now, the most important thing for a leader is not to have role that is perfect once it is leading, but a role that can easily get into that position, while yes your role can do that, but I already said how and it's clearly not asking to get lynched.

Also we would be right now winning, if it wasn't for one damned action being sent in wrong screwing us over...
  12. reyscarface

reyscarface

And when I die, we are still fucked since you all claimed to a Loyal, damn bro you have your statements right.
  13. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

And you keep ignoring the fact that we should have won if it wasn't for a specific villager...

May I remind you, that we only claimed to Altair because you were the only other choice(seriously outing yourself after 2 others have already done so would be stupid) and out of you two, Altair at least wasn't asking us to waste a damn lynch and could clearly be no mafia... Had you thought about how to really play your role then you may have not claimed, and trust me if only Altair was claiming I would have easily supported the he might be loyal part. Tbh ipl should have led since he was cleaned by the village inspect n0 but at that point both of you were claiming... Seriously, claim at the day not the night before if you want to lead even, getting your act together is important but most people won't claim to you that early if they use their brain.

EDIT: Let's just leave the rest for the postgame thanks
  14. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

Pokemon Lynchpin Mafia - Game Over (the Loyal win)

All actions are accounted for.
    You awaken to see asim and supermarth64 competing to speed the other up, In the end, asim wins out and flys supermarth64 straight towards Thorns. As supermarth64 prepares the wave of fear to infuse in his attack, he yanks asim's head left and launches his attack instead at FinnRagetti.
    S
    H
    A
    D
    O
    W

B
    A
    L
    L
    !
    FinnRagetti dies from the fear of seeing the attack
    Suddenly, you see TanzAufDemVulkan readying a tremendous double attack.
    N
    I
    G
    H
    T

S
    L
    A
    S
    H
    !
    The players supermarth64 and porygon3 crumple to the ground, cut to ribbons.
    Oh, it seems supermarth64 evolved at the end of Day 4
    Meanwhile, porygon3 was:
    You see Altair, TanzAufDemVulkan, and Thorns, all at the ready. They say, "We wanted to win with the Protectors. But asim failed by raising the Fast and Timely's kill priority instead of lowering it. So, since we cannot lose, why not help us avenge moocle and THE_IRON_KENYAN? So, you help.
    Soon, Altair burns up reyscarface and Lightwolf.
    S
    A
    C
    R
    E
    D

F
    I
    R
    E
    !
    The three remaining Loyal then reveal their roles to the world and set about on their quest to purge the land of all that dishonor Palkia's memory.
    GAME OVER! THE LOYAL WIN!
  15. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

a happy end...

ok fuck this shit now overkill priority is all messed up 8/
  16. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

MASTER ALTAIR MY SACRIFICE WAS NOT IN VAIN!

\O/
  17. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

Did you forget that Ho-Oh is able to ressurect people, at least in the anime and in the games (probably manga, too). You were revived as Raikou.
  18. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

nope, in the manga it just kidnaps some children.
  19. FinnRagetti

FinnRagetti

Why did it not occur to me that shadowball is not effective against me?????? :'c
  20. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

You were skill swapped a Color Change and hit by a type that can be affected by any attack, then skill swapped Cute Charm back.
  21. asim

asim

22. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

Pokemon Lynchpin Mafia - Postgame

I'm not too skilled with postgames, but here goes:

You know what the roles are, I won't bother reposting them.

~~~~~The moles~~~~~~
    I wanted to make the mafia slightly more powerful, but I wanted to limit the brokenness of the mole ability (expecially with multiple moles). So, I made it so they only moled Protectors (RBG was moled by Staraptor Call and died before he could be moled by undisput3d; -Mind- copied RBG's role N0, and only got to use it once.) and added one to the Loyal in case Palkia died and to signal to the Loyal that Altair could see through moles.

~~~~~~~Bodyguards~~~~~~~~~
    I think I made the Loyal a bit too powerful here. Although I confused the Martyr and Reverse Martyr roles names early on, TanzAufDemVulkan combined with Thorns would have allowed for an invincible pairing. In future, I think I will power down reverse martyrs in any games I host. Cresselia (jumpluff) failed to protect RBG, because she didn't realize that the orders were being given out in the spreadsheets.

~~~~~~~BPV/LPV~~~~~~~
    FinnRagetti's LPV was the source of unparalled humor for me (as well as a few other things in this game), and it seems Finn changed his avatar to Cleffa and added a quote of the failed lynch on him. Anyway, Naruto (Aside from claiming, I don't think he did much - unless I missed some stuff on IRC.) was something of a fall guy - both originally villainous mafia had a mole that appeared as such. I intended the number of BPVs to warn the village that BPVs might be moles - but they went after the wrong BPV.

~~~~~~~~~reyscarface~~~~~
    I intended this role to lead (though Lightwolf told me that moling mafia would have been better), and to counter moles. The idea was that rey would get lynched or killed by a vigilante, then lead the village. Also, his role would allow the vulnerable Palkia to claim to him. The deadvote could have been important late-game if it was down to the wire.

~~~~~~~~The lynchpins~~~~~~~
    Nook claimed miller, which meant a lot of suspicion (but really, there might have been one because of the moles...). Anyway, Arceus had a one-time anytime (barring N0) instantaneous, unblockable kill. I intended that to get rid of ultra-power roles of the village (Lightwolf, Altair, RBG, moocle, jumpluff, thorns, etc.), but instead, it was used on TIK.
    TIK, meanwhile, basically let the Loyal and the village through Altair and kept people from targeting the Loyal inspector
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lightwolf~~~~~~~~~~
    In retrospect, the infinite rogue was broken. However, the double rogue, double tracker, double watcher, minus the rogue bit, wasn't much. Anyway, he caught Class/Yeti kinapping jumpluff N0.
    Ok, the doulbe tracker/watcher was, too.
    ~~~~~~~~~kidnappers~~~~~~~~~
    Intent: protect Arceus, stall troublesome villagers. Worked to some extent.

~~~~~~~Inspectors~~~~~~~~
    No comment needed, mostly. Although, Thoughts and the other Deathly didn't get the memo to not claim Loyal in time. Sorry.

~~~~~~~wolf~~~~~~~
    priority modifier was mostly a joke, or a situational ability at best. Inspect was to know who to kill, and the kill ... rather obvious. Anyway, he had a secret ability that granted immunity to hookers. Probably how he was marked as clean right after zorbees tried to flinch him. Also tried to make the safeclaim a bit different than in Unicycle (to not arouse suspicion)

~~~~~~hookers~~~~~~
    village hooker was nerfed (never the same user as a previously hooked one) because they were powerful enough as it was. Mafia hookers were the powerful ones. However, they fell a bit too soon. Hegna's fall was from claiming delayed hooker, I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awards:

Comedy:
    reyscarface vs Altair for leadership
    TIK putting the mysterious force around reyscarface
    The failed lynch of FinnRagetti.

OOPS!
    asim, flew undisput3d up instead of down.

Persuader
    Altair, got out of being lynched when he was known mafia.

The antagonist
    supermarth64 - decided the winning faction in the final turn, went undiscovered until the last night.
  23. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

IMO the reason reyscarface wasn't fit to lead is because:

a) he didn't know Palkia like altair did, and Palkia would likely have been very hesitant to claim to him because

b) his claim was very shaky. The only way to prove it was killing him, which the village can only do by either wasting a vigilante kill (not a good idea pretty obviously) or lynching. IMO lynching rey wasn't a good idea because it kills a village aligned voter (although he did have a OTU deadvote) and wastes a lynch where we could instead get a mafia.

I also hated the fact that TIK could only be protected from one kill, especially since the joined village had two bodyguards. Don't know how this factored in though.

Lastly, I am surprised that Altair went unkidnapped for so long. I mean, Staraptor Call was the first one posting to lynch Nook (although that was odd since Staraptor Call was mafia and Nook was Arceus...) when Altair was missing. I don't know everything that was going on on IRC but it seemed as if there was at least some confusion regarding that lynch. If this happened during N0 or N1, we could have easily made a misstep. IMO the mafia having two kidnappers while the village had no safeguards and only one hooker was pretty broken but the mafia didn't use the kidnappers right IMO. I don't know how well they communicated though so I can't comment on that.
  24. Altair

Altair just who is the coon?

I went unkidnapped for a while because IRON_KENYAN switched me and rey every night, mainly because we thought rey would be the least likely person targetted for a kill. It was also the "mysterious force" shrouding rey, or at least I assume so since I got the same PM every night as well.

The reason that Staraptor Call was used to start a lynch was because RBG had inspected him before that (I didnt give him spread access because he was never on IRC so I couldn't talk to him heh), and his "role" was very expendable, and he wouldnt even go down in one hit.

Also Tanz was actually a Reverse Martyr, Aura Guardian never told us :/, so that would have kept i_k alive longer, but oh well.
  25. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

So yea, my point of view on this game I guess.

I didn't really speak with anyone the entire game until the last night because I was too lazy to. The only person I spoke with was Altair, who I claimed Riolu without any abilities. I targeted Tanz N1 but nothing happened, which made me think he was BPV and I hit a villy. I didn't get to have a N2 or N3 kill because I was kidnapped. N4 was when I evolved into Lucario and I got those new abilities, which was useful.

I thought me getting hooked was interesting, as I knew I couldn't be stopped from getting a kill (sans bodyguard). I inspected asim N4 and thought he wasn't a threat cuz he couldn't do much (killing past bg didn't occur to me at that point), while targeting IPL was extremely useful because he still had one more kill. N5 I targetted zorbees with my inspect and got that he was hooker, which didn't matter to me cuz I couldn't be hooked. I also targeted Staraptor Call as a random kill and hit the mole =/.

N6 I targeted porygon3 with my inspect and got that he was a used-up vigil, while I targeted RBG with my kill and managed to hit inspector. This meant that besides Altair, my role couldn't be broken. That same night, Palkia died and moocle talked to me on IRC. I found out he was Gardevoir (my villy connection) and told him that I evolved the night Palkia died and got a kill because of it. However, he didn't tell me to use it because he thought the villy could handle it.

N7 moocle ended up dying from undisput3d, meaning that my villy connection was gone. I also found out that Thorns was Loyal BG and killed jumpluff, who was Protector BG. Very useful night there. However, that's also when the Loyals began to get suspicious of me, thinking that I might be wolf. They did a good job redirecting the lynch to Naruto, which was helpful for me cuz I didn't want to deal with a villy BPV after Tanz.

N8 was basically when I was like "fuck it" and basically told everyone that I was wolf. I knew there was no way I could win because mafia could just kill me while villy had Rey's role and Lightwolf (the rogue), which meant I would get outnumbered. Therefore, I let the team that deserved the win win: the Loyal.

Overall, an interesting game. Hopefully A_G didn't mind that I kept on sending him logs ^_^.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)