Pokemon Lynchpin Mafia - The Loyal Win

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not lynching Altair was literally the dumbest thing possible. Even dumber than the Remoraid Mafia village's actions. They at least were fighting 4 mafia and a neutral who could win with either with a silencer on their mayor vote.

and hey why are Loyals so much better than us :(

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Nah Lightwolf was right, there is probably a wolf and we had to get it or there would be 2 kills every night, meaning we lose badly, lynching the wolf was basically winning the game, though im blaming him because the idiot didnt let me see the spreadsheet to consult furthre instead of hastily doing this stupid lynch which just costed us the game.

I hate losing mafia games due to other people being dense.

i'm really glad we just had a two hour lynch without allowing for anyone to try and stop it.

oh wait...

altair kill me last please i'm still only in the game to mess with stuff

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
At least rey loses now

Sorry Lightwolf I've decided to win
It's not like we would have won even if we lynch you

Nah Lightwolf was right, there is probably a wolf and we had to get it or there would be 2 kills every night, meaning we lose badly, lynching the wolf was basically winning the game, though im blaming him because the idiot didnt let me see the spreadsheet to consult furthre instead of hastily doing this stupid lynch which just costed us the game.

I hate losing mafia games due to other people being dense.
On the damned sheet you'd have still only found 3 damn suspects: Finn who was tested already of being unlynchable, and was proven to be cute which seriously makes me doubt it could kill with fear alone and I have tracked him the night the first fear kill happened even... Then there is sm64, who was kinda cleaned in by Gardevoir, though could be like in Unicycle where the wolf get's a fake like that, pretty much he is the most likely to be the other wolf.

And rey, don't go around bitching now, you have done what the whole game? Claim you knew Arceus after he has died? As far as I know you have claimed to mind that he is Arceus too, even if you were just fucking around, you should have just said who arceus was...

i'm really glad we just had a two hour lynch without allowing for anyone to try and stop it.

oh wait...

altair kill me last please i'm still only in the game to mess with stuff
Could you please tell me what action you targeted undisput3d with, because I clearly told you to lower his priority...

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Not my fault you decided to go with a Loyal instead of a Protector to lead the village, you screwed that up, and dont come with stupid bullshit of "I PREFER HIM" because thats retarded.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Rey, we went with a Loyal for a leader(part of my master plan) because my role PM simply wouldnt ALLOW me to come public at any point in the game ever and because we would get a full spreadsheet the quickest.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Look at this this way: If we go with you, no way in hell would TIK claim to you and still basically just work with the loyal's and we would worse off, also you were being stupid, if you want to lead with that role you need to die, see Nintendo Mafia, Blue_Tornado did it right, he took the hit and then led, you on the other hand wanted to lead and basically removed any chance that you would be killed by the mafia and suggested you'd get lynched, also the way your role(the one you claimed that is...) it wasn't sure if you are just some sort of B/LPV and could be using a simple power to survive and not only waste a lynch, but even get trusted. As I said back then and still say now, the most important thing for a leader is not to have role that is perfect once it is leading, but a role that can easily get into that position, while yes your role can do that, but I already said how and it's clearly not asking to get lynched.

Also we would be right now winning, if it wasn't for one damned action being sent in wrong screwing us over...

LightWolf

lightwoof
And when I die, we are still fucked since you all claimed to a Loyal, damn bro you have your statements right.
And you keep ignoring the fact that we should have won if it wasn't for a specific villager...

May I remind you, that we only claimed to Altair because you were the only other choice(seriously outing yourself after 2 others have already done so would be stupid) and out of you two, Altair at least wasn't asking us to waste a damn lynch and could clearly be no mafia... Had you thought about how to really play your role then you may have not claimed, and trust me if only Altair was claiming I would have easily supported the he might be loyal part. Tbh ipl should have led since he was cleaned by the village inspect n0 but at that point both of you were claiming... Seriously, claim at the day not the night before if you want to lead even, getting your act together is important but most people won't claim to you that early if they use their brain.

EDIT: Let's just leave the rest for the postgame thanks

Pokemon Lynchpin Mafia - Game Over (the Loyal win)

All actions are accounted for.
You awaken to see asim and supermarth64 competing to speed the other up, In the end, asim wins out and flys supermarth64 straight towards Thorns. As supermarth64 prepares the wave of fear to infuse in his attack, he yanks asim's head left and launches his attack instead at FinnRagetti.
S
H
A
D
O
W

B
A
L
L
!
FinnRagetti dies from the fear of seeing the attack
Dear J-man/FinnRagetti,
You are Cleffa.

You are the Star Shape Pokemon. You are almost poweless. However, you do have one unique strategy: Level 1 Focus Sash Endeavor. Magic Guard protects you from indirect harm in battle. As such, you and your evolutions are sometimes used solely for being decent at other things and because of that one ability.

You have no night role. However, you have the Cute Charm ability instead of your aformentioned Magic Guard. Because no one will hurt a such a cute pokemon, you cannot be lynched. You can be inspected, killed, and bodyguarded, you can vote, and you can talk. But you can't do much else.

You are aligned with the Protectors. You win if the Protectors eliminate all hostile factions.
Suddenly, you see TanzAufDemVulkan readying a tremendous double attack.
N
I
G
H
T

S
L
A
S
H
!
The players supermarth64 and porygon3 crumple to the ground, cut to ribbons.
Dear supermarth64,
You are Riolu.

You are the Emanation Pokemon. You strengthen your aura when you are in danger to warn your friends and summon your allies. You are known for loyalty, and for your evolution. You aren't much now, but when you evolve, that will change.

Once per night, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - Bullet Punch USER." USER will die. Once you evolve, this command will change. You will also gain new powers.

Upon your evolution, you will gain various other powers. You do not know what they are. You do know that a Gardevoir is looking for you. Gardevoir has been told :
You have been separated from your friend, Riolu. You know that he is in the game, but you don't know who he is. As such, you may wish to find him.
During the first 2 nights, you are so young that no one will consider harming you. You cannot be killed during Night 1 and Night 2, nor inspected. Any user killing you will fail, and any inspector will be told that you are still finding yourself, so the inspector can't find you either.

You are aligned with yourself. You win if you are the last man standing.
Oh, it seems supermarth64 evolved at the end of Day 4
Dear supermarth64,
You are Lucario.
Congratulations on your evolution. You are the Aura Pokemon. You use your own life force to fight, or used to. Swords Dance is now your main selling point. Still, you are a formidable adversary in your quest for justice.

You know how to use Aura Sphere. At night, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - Aura Sphere USER." You will receive USER's full role PM.

You also know how to use ExtremeSpeed. At night, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - ExtremeSpeed USER." USER's prioity will be raised to infinity minus two. This ability has priority infiniy. USER will be informed of the raise in prioriy. You may not target yourself with this ability.

You also know how to use Shadow Ball. At night, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - Shadow Ball USER." USER will die. You may use Shadow Ball and perform one other action each night. You may not use both Aura Sphere and ExtremeSpeed simulutaneously.

You are aligned with yourself. You win if you are the last man standing.
Meanwhile, porygon3 was:
Dear porygon3,
You are Weavile.

You are the Sharp Claw Pokemon. You are incredibly frail, but make up for it in Speed and Attack. One of your primary abilities is Ice Shard, a handy priority attack that can take down even +6 Speed/Attack Salamence.

You know how to use Ice Shard. At night, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - Ice Shard USER." USER will die of frostbite. Unfortunately, your revenge killing is limited due to your Stealth Rock weakness, so you can only use this once, and only on or after Night 3.

You are aligned with the Protectors. You win if the Protectors eliminate all hostile factions.
You see Altair, TanzAufDemVulkan, and Thorns, all at the ready. They say, "We wanted to win with the Protectors. But asim failed by raising the Fast and Timely's kill priority instead of lowering it. So, since we cannot lose, why not help us avenge moocle and THE_IRON_KENYAN? So, you help.
Dear asim,
You are Rayquaza.

You are the Sky High Pokemon. You used to hate Deoxys for invading your territory, but decided to forgive him ... her ... uh, it. Anyway, you now protect the world from another Kyogre/Groudon clash.

You know how to use Fly. At night, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - Fly USER Up/Down." If you choose Up, USER will have infinity minus 4 priority. If you choose Down, USER will go last. This has priority infinity minus one.

Soon, Altair burns up reyscarface and Lightwolf.
S
A
C
R
E
D

F
I
R
E
!
Dear reyscarface,
You are Gengar.

You are the Shadow Pokemon. When Giratina came recruiting, you were too busy having fun to join in. You merely want to protect entertainment. You are known for slapstick comedy in the anime. In battle, you are known for your Speed and Special Attack.

Because you are a ghost, you cannot die. The rules regarding who you may talk to when dead do not apply. You may speak and give out information even when you are dead, and the dead may give you information. As a bonus, you may once, and ONLY once, vote when you are "dead." You may retract it (thereby regaining your voting ability), and may change it, but you can only cast a vote once.

Dear LightWolf,
You are Mesprit.

You are the Emotion Pokemon. You hide deep under Lake Verity waiting for someone to have ffun with. When we finally get to you, you make us run a marathon if we don't have any Master Balls. Just like Cressellia does later.

You know how to follow emotions. At night, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - Follow USER1 and USER2 for emotions." If either person, or one of their teammates (if they are mafia) kill you, you will be given a second life, retaining this ability. You will not know who killed you, though. However, you also will know everyone who targeted those users (excluding yourself), and which user they targeted.

The three remaining Loyal then reveal their roles to the world and set about on their quest to purge the land of all that dishonor Palkia's memory.
Dear Altair,
You are Ho-oh.
Remember this role? Yeah, I've mostly copied this from Unicycle Mafia and just changed a little bit.

You are the Rainbow Pokemon. You are the legendary flaming rainbow turkey, and the first legendary Pokémon seen in the anime. You fled from one of Ecruteak's towers only to go and sit on another, though some self-proclaimed wisemen insist on sitting on the stairways unless someone has one of your feathers.

At night, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle [should have been "Night"] X - Sunny Day around USER." You will illuminate your target's surroundings, allowing you to read their entire role PM.

You know that <really unnecessary snip> is Palkia, your lynchpin with the Protectors.
You know that Palkia knows your name.

You are aligned with the Loyal. You win if the Loyal eliminate all hostile factions.
Dear TanzAufDemVulkan,
You are Gallade.

You are the Blade Pokemon. You are very courteous and tend to defend the weak from harm. You now defend the general populace from Arceus's wrath. Your swordsmanship will come in handy as you help Palkia and the Loyal.

You know how to use Close Combat. At night, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - Close Combat around USER." Anyone who targeted USER will instead target you.

You also have a variety of bulk and health restoration. You have three lives in this game. Lynches will remove all three. However, you cannot be bodyguarded until you have lost two of your lives. However, bodyguard protection will allow you to be guaranteed to survive the night.

You are aligned with the Loyal. You win if the Loyal eliminate all hostile factions.
Dear felixmartin/thorns,
You are Dragonite.

You are the Dragon Pokemon. You have a variety of abilities, but your main abilities over Salamence that I see are Superpower and ExtremeSpeed. Anyway, you also can run support sets, your own little niche.

You know how to use Heal Bell. At night, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - Heal Bell USER." USER will be protected from kill attempts.

You are quite intelligent, and thus have managed to fool the Protectors into thinking you are one of them. If you are inspected by a Protector, you will appear to be a Protector.

Dear Loyal Allies,
It seems the world is in danger. You have banded behind Palkia to stop this.

Your faction consists of:
??? - Palkia - role redirector and lynchpin, only can be protected once.
<really unnecessary snip> - Pikachu - kamikaze
<really unnecessary snip> - Dragonite - Bodyguard and mole
<really unnecessary snip> - Gallade - [reverse, forgot this originally] Martyr with three lives, bodyguards can't protect the first 2.
<really unnecessary snip> - Ho-oh - inspector.

Ho-oh is your leader, then Dragonite, then Gallade, then Pikachu. The leader and Palkia are given each other's names. Your leader will submit who will kill whom. "Night X - Sending USER1 to kill USER2"

[They also had a standard mafia kill when this happened] Once Palkia dies, 4 extra kills will be divided between you. If Ho-oh kills, Sacred Fire will burn the target to a crisp. Gallade will cut any kill target to ribbons. Pikachu will use Thunderbolt, and Dragonite will use Draco Meteor.

Your leader on Night 0 will send me a PM of 10 pokemon names. I will, upon reading it, send 5 names back to you as soon as possible that are not in use and have not been given to another mafia for use. [This assumed that there would be a Protector as leader. Not that they used this, of course.]
GAME OVER! THE LOYAL WIN!

Pokemon Lynchpin Mafia - Postgame

I'm not too skilled with postgames, but here goes:

You know what the roles are, I won't bother reposting them.

~~~~~The moles~~~~~~
I wanted to make the mafia slightly more powerful, but I wanted to limit the brokenness of the mole ability (expecially with multiple moles). So, I made it so they only moled Protectors (RBG was moled by Staraptor Call and died before he could be moled by undisput3d; -Mind- copied RBG's role N0, and only got to use it once.) and added one to the Loyal in case Palkia died and to signal to the Loyal that Altair could see through moles.

~~~~~~~Bodyguards~~~~~~~~~
I think I made the Loyal a bit too powerful here. Although I confused the Martyr and Reverse Martyr roles names early on, TanzAufDemVulkan combined with Thorns would have allowed for an invincible pairing. In future, I think I will power down reverse martyrs in any games I host. Cresselia (jumpluff) failed to protect RBG, because she didn't realize that the orders were being given out in the spreadsheets.

~~~~~~~BPV/LPV~~~~~~~
FinnRagetti's LPV was the source of unparalled humor for me (as well as a few other things in this game), and it seems Finn changed his avatar to Cleffa and added a quote of the failed lynch on him. Anyway, Naruto (Aside from claiming, I don't think he did much - unless I missed some stuff on IRC.) was something of a fall guy - both originally villainous mafia had a mole that appeared as such. I intended the number of BPVs to warn the village that BPVs might be moles - but they went after the wrong BPV.

~~~~~~~~~reyscarface~~~~~
I intended this role to lead (though Lightwolf told me that moling mafia would have been better), and to counter moles. The idea was that rey would get lynched or killed by a vigilante, then lead the village. Also, his role would allow the vulnerable Palkia to claim to him. The deadvote could have been important late-game if it was down to the wire.

~~~~~~~~The lynchpins~~~~~~~
Nook claimed miller, which meant a lot of suspicion (but really, there might have been one because of the moles...). Anyway, Arceus had a one-time anytime (barring N0) instantaneous, unblockable kill. I intended that to get rid of ultra-power roles of the village (Lightwolf, Altair, RBG, moocle, jumpluff, thorns, etc.), but instead, it was used on TIK.
TIK, meanwhile, basically let the Loyal and the village through Altair and kept people from targeting the Loyal inspector
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lightwolf~~~~~~~~~~
In retrospect, the infinite rogue was broken. However, the double rogue, double tracker, double watcher, minus the rogue bit, wasn't much. Anyway, he caught Class/Yeti kinapping jumpluff N0.
Ok, the doulbe tracker/watcher was, too.
~~~~~~~~~kidnappers~~~~~~~~~
Intent: protect Arceus, stall troublesome villagers. Worked to some extent.

~~~~~~~Inspectors~~~~~~~~
No comment needed, mostly. Although, Thoughts and the other Deathly didn't get the memo to not claim Loyal in time. Sorry.

~~~~~~~wolf~~~~~~~
priority modifier was mostly a joke, or a situational ability at best. Inspect was to know who to kill, and the kill ... rather obvious. Anyway, he had a secret ability that granted immunity to hookers. Probably how he was marked as clean right after zorbees tried to flinch him. Also tried to make the safeclaim a bit different than in Unicycle (to not arouse suspicion)

~~~~~~hookers~~~~~~
village hooker was nerfed (never the same user as a previously hooked one) because they were powerful enough as it was. Mafia hookers were the powerful ones. However, they fell a bit too soon. Hegna's fall was from claiming delayed hooker, I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awards:

Comedy:
reyscarface vs Altair for leadership
TIK putting the mysterious force around reyscarface
The failed lynch of FinnRagetti.

OOPS!
asim, flew undisput3d up instead of down.

Persuader
Altair, got out of being lynched when he was known mafia.

The antagonist
supermarth64 - decided the winning faction in the final turn, went undiscovered until the last night.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
IMO the reason reyscarface wasn't fit to lead is because:

a) he didn't know Palkia like altair did, and Palkia would likely have been very hesitant to claim to him because

b) his claim was very shaky. The only way to prove it was killing him, which the village can only do by either wasting a vigilante kill (not a good idea pretty obviously) or lynching. IMO lynching rey wasn't a good idea because it kills a village aligned voter (although he did have a OTU deadvote) and wastes a lynch where we could instead get a mafia.

I also hated the fact that TIK could only be protected from one kill, especially since the joined village had two bodyguards. Don't know how this factored in though.

Lastly, I am surprised that Altair went unkidnapped for so long. I mean, Staraptor Call was the first one posting to lynch Nook (although that was odd since Staraptor Call was mafia and Nook was Arceus...) when Altair was missing. I don't know everything that was going on on IRC but it seemed as if there was at least some confusion regarding that lynch. If this happened during N0 or N1, we could have easily made a misstep. IMO the mafia having two kidnappers while the village had no safeguards and only one hooker was pretty broken but the mafia didn't use the kidnappers right IMO. I don't know how well they communicated though so I can't comment on that.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Lastly, I am surprised that Altair went unkidnapped for so long. I mean, Staraptor Call was the first one posting to lynch Nook (although that was odd since Staraptor Call was mafia and Nook was Arceus...) when Altair was missing. I don't know everything that was going on on IRC but it seemed as if there was at least some confusion regarding that lynch. If this happened during N0 or N1, we could have easily made a misstep. IMO the mafia having two kidnappers while the village had no safeguards and only one hooker was pretty broken but the mafia didn't use the kidnappers right IMO. I don't know how well they communicated though so I can't comment on that.
I went unkidnapped for a while because IRON_KENYAN switched me and rey every night, mainly because we thought rey would be the least likely person targetted for a kill. It was also the "mysterious force" shrouding rey, or at least I assume so since I got the same PM every night as well.

The reason that Staraptor Call was used to start a lynch was because RBG had inspected him before that (I didnt give him spread access because he was never on IRC so I couldn't talk to him heh), and his "role" was very expendable, and he wouldnt even go down in one hit.

Also Tanz was actually a Reverse Martyr, Aura Guardian never told us :/, so that would have kept i_k alive longer, but oh well.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
So yea, my point of view on this game I guess.

I didn't really speak with anyone the entire game until the last night because I was too lazy to. The only person I spoke with was Altair, who I claimed Riolu without any abilities. I targeted Tanz N1 but nothing happened, which made me think he was BPV and I hit a villy. I didn't get to have a N2 or N3 kill because I was kidnapped. N4 was when I evolved into Lucario and I got those new abilities, which was useful.

I thought me getting hooked was interesting, as I knew I couldn't be stopped from getting a kill (sans bodyguard). I inspected asim N4 and thought he wasn't a threat cuz he couldn't do much (killing past bg didn't occur to me at that point), while targeting IPL was extremely useful because he still had one more kill. N5 I targetted zorbees with my inspect and got that he was hooker, which didn't matter to me cuz I couldn't be hooked. I also targeted Staraptor Call as a random kill and hit the mole =/.

N6 I targeted porygon3 with my inspect and got that he was a used-up vigil, while I targeted RBG with my kill and managed to hit inspector. This meant that besides Altair, my role couldn't be broken. That same night, Palkia died and moocle talked to me on IRC. I found out he was Gardevoir (my villy connection) and told him that I evolved the night Palkia died and got a kill because of it. However, he didn't tell me to use it because he thought the villy could handle it.

N7 moocle ended up dying from undisput3d, meaning that my villy connection was gone. I also found out that Thorns was Loyal BG and killed jumpluff, who was Protector BG. Very useful night there. However, that's also when the Loyals began to get suspicious of me, thinking that I might be wolf. They did a good job redirecting the lynch to Naruto, which was helpful for me cuz I didn't want to deal with a villy BPV after Tanz.

N8 was basically when I was like "fuck it" and basically told everyone that I was wolf. I knew there was no way I could win because mafia could just kill me while villy had Rey's role and Lightwolf (the rogue), which meant I would get outnumbered. Therefore, I let the team that deserved the win win: the Loyal.

Overall, an interesting game. Hopefully A_G didn't mind that I kept on sending him logs ^_^.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)