Pokemon Mixed Platinum Retyping Project

I was bored, so here's a WIP of Ice/Dragon Dialga.

Comments? I still need to do the second frame and back sprites, as well as re-index it.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Mektar - I don't like the brown color on Magnezone. It's way too dark. Make the main body blue, one of the sphere's red and the other one yellow. On Magneton, remove the brown parts.

Wichu - It's great, thanks!

Tyrant - Can you fix your Heracross sprites? They have way too many colors. Your front sprite has 24 and your backsprite has 20. Some of the colors are so close together that your eyes can barely tell the difference, so you really have to look closely.
As for the Ralts line...try to stay away from Grass. We're getting way too many Grass retypes.

Bird - Nice so far, try making the body more sandy and less viney.

According to the sand-tile this is how they do it in pokémon, but it still looks a bit odd. Dithering's always a bitch, anyway. Less vine-y was hard for me to imagine without making tangrowth a big ball of mud which kinda meant redoing the entire body. Although I could make the bottom merge with the ground.

Yeah, that's a point, on a quick browse n' count we've got 17 grass types already... wow! Steerin' cleer of that now then...

EDIT: Okay, just did a rough count of all the types we've got so far...

Grass - 19
Fire - 21
Ground - 4
Water - 16
Fighting - 17
Electric - 13
Flying - 19
Dark - 11
Psychic - 13
Steel - 21
Normal - 10
Dragon - 12
Rock - 7
Ghost - 15
Poison - 3
Bug - 12
Ice - 10

Yeah. Need to lay off the Grass, Fire, Flying and Steel retypes and give Poison, Rock and Ground some love... Just for clarification, this list includes the Rotom Formes, so Electric would have 8 if they weren't included.

Mektar - I don't like the brown color on Magnezone. It's way too dark. Make the main body blue, one of the sphere's red and the other one yellow. On Magneton, remove the brown parts.
The change to Magneton makes sense, but can the main body of Magnezone be red, with blue and yellow on the sides?

Tyrant - Can you fix your Heracross sprites? They have way too many colors. Your front sprite has 24 and your backsprite has 20. Some of the colors are so close together that your eyes can barely tell the difference, so you really have to look closely.
Sure thing! Let me see what I can do.

As for the Ralts line...try to stay away from Grass. We're getting way too many Grass retypes.
Sorry then. I guess after contributing, I think 6 grass types, I should do something else. XD

I guess I'll try to do a rock marill line.

E: Wanna get this approved before I keep going.

I used mspaint, but just made sure to only recolor all different colors the same and not make any new colors.

I guess I'll try to do a rock marill line.

E: Wanna get this approved before I keep going.

I used mspaint, but just made sure to only recolor all different colors the same and not make any new colors.
You need to use the "160x80" pairs of sprites form that DsPcPlatinum place, iirc.

And Grass/Rock Glalie backsprites, DONE. KABOOMSHA.

Edit: Noticed something wrong with the second one at the last minute and edited accordingly.
Edit2: Just to reiterate, need less Grass, Fire, Flying and Steel retypes, and more Electric, Rock, Ground, and Poison (especially poison)

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Bird - That's fine. I can take over from here.

Homeslice - Good, keep going! Can you finish Marill by tomorrow?

Everyone else - Thanks!

Now, some of you are taking a really long time with this. I'm going to be PMing people and asking for updates. Don't get too involved in an individual sprite. All it takes is a color adjustment and a few edits. It's not like you're creating it from scratch.

Getting to work on second frame of marill right now

E: Well that was incredibly easy, seeing as about two pixels were different of what I had to edit. Here you go, both front frames:

Sorry Aragorn, High School does not an easy life make.

Now...you said BOTH Heracrosses had subtle amounts of extra colors or just one of them? I've been meaning to get around to this, but life is busy.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Well I work all week, but I can still finish 4-5 sprites every single day. It only takes like 40 minutes for one sprite. Btw, I'm going to work on the Ralts line if that's okay with you. Yes, both Heracross are over the color limit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)