Pokemon Mixed Platinum Retyping Project

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ToastTyrant - I know you've been working on a lot, but I can't use any of your sprites in their current condition. First of all, they have way TOO MANY COLORS. The maximum you're allowed is 15 (excluding the background color), and most of your sprites have over 20. Secondly, they are saved as RGB format and not Indexed Color. They must be in Indexed Color format like everyone else is. Third, they're not in the proper 160x80 layout but that's just a minor issue.

But first of all, you need to get the sprites from PokeDSPic and work on them in Gale or Photoshop or whatever instead of MSPaint. And make sure they follow all the requirements ESPECIALLY the color limitation. Try doing this with your Happiny sprite since it's small and simple, and post it here before you continue.

Sorry to say this, but for some reason I haven't been able to sprite well at all for the past few days. I've been trying to get the hippo line as good as possible, but it's just not working. For these reasons, I would like to remove my reservations for everything (which is just the hippo line). If I ever get better for some weird reason, I might be able to contribute later but I doubt that would ever happen. Sorry =(

ToastTyrant - I know you've been working on a lot, but I can't use any of your sprites in their current condition. First of all, they have way TOO MANY COLORS. The maximum you're allowed is 15 (excluding the background color), and most of your sprites have over 20. Secondly, they are saved as RGB format and not Indexed Color. They must be in Indexed Color format like everyone else is. Third, they're not in the proper 160x80 layout but that's just a minor issue.

But first of all, you need to get the sprites from PokeDSPic and work on them in Gale or Photoshop or whatever instead of MSPaint. And make sure they follow all the requirements ESPECIALLY the color limitation. Try doing this with your Happiny sprite since it's small and simple, and post it here before you continue.

Uhmm. Sure. I'll try to get Gale working, I hope.

I'm having issues with the download too, but here's a little bit of WIP for what is now going to be Bug/Dragon Scizor. I'll probably change the colours too, and I worry it may be a little busy. Thoughts?

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Wizwum - It looks awesome! It really gets both types across. But please don't take it out of the 160x80 frame and make sure it's in Indexed Color Mode. This one isn't.

I don't see why anyone would have trouble downloading it. It's a small program, it works on any Windows system from XP onwards, and installation only takes a few seconds at most. If you want to see a tutorial, just watch this video. It shows you how to install and how to use the tools (which are pretty much the same as MSPaint).

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
It's the wings right? I really think it would be better if you just took the original Giratina's wings and just made them fiery. No need to get too fancy. It would save you a lot of work. Also be sure you aren't going overboard with the number of colors.

Sorry for being such a pest, but what does Gale do that MSPaint doesn't? I was thinking if I could place the sprites in the exact same format, perhaps I could get going again? My computer is having troubles with Gale (no problem downloading it, just having trouble running it), so I just wanted to know.

Edit: And the limit is 15 colors? Just wanted to make sure.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Yo.

I'm unfortunately unable to run anything OTHER than MSPaint, but If I can get something working and could index this, would you accept this Normal/Grass Teddiursa?

I'll work on the other ones if this gets accepted, and I'll try to sort out Paint.net or GIMP or something...

For example, like this?

Both are 80x80, 12 colors, used from the PkmnDsPicPltnm(however you phrase it). *crosses fingers in anticipation*

Edit: Oh may God, it's Tedianda! Curse Spinda.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Doran - Your sprites worked perfectly. Thanks!

Dogfish - I love the idea. I'll definitely go with that, but we're not doing non-Sinnoh dex Pokemon right now.

Tyrant - The problem with Paint is that it is unable to save in anything except RGB format. It's easy to convert RGB into Indexed Color, but then you have to go back and fix the palette so that the game doesn't get confused and mess the colors up.

See, this is what happened when I initially imported your Happiny:

Yeah, it was a complete mess. Fortunately, I made it work the way it's supposed to. Now I have to play the game and see if it looks okay too. If it does, I'll let you continue working with Paint (but first, dinner!).

Thanks for considering it, Aragornbird. I really want to be able to continue, so I just wanted to try to see what I had to do.

Sorry if it's too much of a hassle...

It's the wings right? I really think it would be better if you just took the original Giratina's wings and just made them fiery. No need to get too fancy. It would save you a lot of work. Also be sure you aren't going overboard with the number of colors.
I've checked, and I've only replaced the colors that I'm using. I'll work on the wings, but not to soon; friend over. :P

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
there seems to be something wrong with the shellos and gastrodon sprites.
edit: sheesh someone else is already doing them damnit

Front sprites for Psychic Magneton:

Two more things. One, Tri Attack should remain in this thing's movepool. Two, will you list our names in the credits?

Grass Snorunt. Hopefully this is right!
Also, I'd like to change Snorunt and Glalie to Grass and Grass/Rock respectively, and keep Froslass as Grass/Ghost, if that's alright!

EDIT: And then, backsprites! Makes me think whether I should edit the frontsprites accordingly...
EDIT2: Edited the snorunt frontsprite to fit the backsprites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)