Pokemon Mystery Universe

(approved by Birkal and Jellicent)

Pokemon Mystery Universe is a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon-based MMORPG. In it, similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, you go around exploring dungeons, completing missions, etc. Unlike PMD, Universe isn't really turn based, because it wouldn't exactly work well in a game like that. Overall, it's a pretty fun game.

This thread is for discussion about Pokemon Mystery Universe as well as organizing dungeon explorations and such. A few Smogon users play PMU, but I only put the users who wanted to be on the list after I asked them on here. Feel free to post the username you use on PMU as well.

PMU Smogonites:
(Smogon username - PMU username)
DTC - DTC
Django Reinhart - Django
SidLuvsBBQ - SidLuvsBBQ
Deinosaur - Deino
Corkscrew - Cork
DEMo_Gorgon47 - Zoran
The_Reptile - Low Battery Life
Dark Arceus - DarkArceus
DracoYoshi8 - Walnut
Keiran - Keiran

Well I have just been enlightened. Didnt even know this existed, thank you DTC. I just downloaded the game and now I just have to play it.

I've been using it a while. The control scheme is kind of wonky, and unfortunately there's no way to edit the controls. The mods that run the place are well meaning but somewhat stiff on a few respects (can't even say 'damn' without them breathing down your neck). More particularly is the fact they're very secretive about their periodic updates. They almost never tell you what has changed and they never give release notes. Popular Pokemon are usually locked to holidays or specific events and are very limited in distribution. I wouldn't expect you getting a Lucario right away :^P

Other than that, the concept is nice, the addition of some fifth generation Pokemon is very cool and the move tweaks are very extensive although there's no documentation detailing every single move change from the PMD games. Farfetch'd is actually pretty good thanks to the strength of Acrobatics and the usefulness of STAB Cut(!).

I've played this played game for over 3 years, and I have to say, it is amazing. If you're a fan of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, join. You won't regret it.

I'm SidLuvsBBQ on the game.

Added you in, SidLuvsBBQ.

Do any of you want to go exploring in a dungeon or anything? I'm pretty low leveled right now; my highest leveled Pokemon is my level 25 Slowpoke followed by a level 23 Rhyhorn.

Where exactly can I find this game?
Go on a search engine and type in "Pokemon Mystery Universe".

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This game is actually quite fun, I went adventuring with Corkscrew and DTC.

Sadly, I keep dying because Ralts was just too cute not to pick...

canno

formerly The Reptile
Played for like 6-8 minutes (enough to get pass the tutorial place) and it seems interesting, so yeah. My PMU name is Low Battery Life.

I was so glad when I saw "free".

I'm downloading it now and it looks absolutely epic just from reading the website and going onto PMU forum.

At 8 PM EST (GMT -5) on #orangeislands, I'll be hosting a party to explore dungeons. We'll go to the following dungeons in order:
  • Marowak Dojo
  • Sunny Hillside
  • Sour Root Cave

Come on to #orangeislands around then if you want to join in!

Also, I updated the list.

Actually, I can't download it because I'm have a mac. Any ideas on how to download it or if there's an application I can use to make the game mac compatible?

At 8 PM EST (GMT -5) on #orangeislands, I'll be hosting a party to explore dungeons. We'll go to the following dungeons in order:
  • Marowak Dojo
  • Sunny Hillside
  • Sour Root Cave

Come on to #orangeislands around then if you want to join in!

Also, I updated the list.
Oh yeah. Name is DarkArceus, pokemon charmander.
Nice, I may join that. I'm not really sure how to join parties because I just started, but I'm still willing to come. Any specific levels advised, like be at least lv X? Or just any level can come? (IDRC because i'm level 18'ish).

Uh also quick question about game in general for the chat on the right. How do you talk in it and how do you scroll down? The first few messages in game I see but as the chat goes on I lose the ability to see new things, which has screwed me when trying to see the recruit rate for some pokes. Also how do I talk in it?

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Uh also quick question about game in general for the chat on the right. How do you talk in it and how do you scroll down? The first few messages in game I see but as the chat goes on I lose the ability to see new things, which has screwed me when trying to see the recruit rate for some pokes. Also how do I talk in it?
Go to Options and under Chat Options, select: "Auto-Scroll" and change it to on. This allows the chat to scroll so that you can actually read it. As for the second question, this tripped me up as well. There is a blue box right above where it should say "Channel: (whatever its set to)". That's where you type. The mouse won't change like it normally would for a chat box, so that might be why it's hard to find.

The last expedition party was fun! Only 2 other members (corkscrew and Dark Arceus) came because a few other people were busy, but it was still fun. I'll be hosting another one of these tomorrow at the same time as last. What dungeons would you guys like to go to in the next expedition?

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The last expedition party was fun! Only 2 other members (corkscrew and Dark Arceus) came because a few other people were busy, but it was still fun. I'll be hosting another one of these tomorrow at the same time as last. What dungeons would you guys like to go to in the next expedition?
Thunderstorm Forest would be pretty cool. Along with a couple of others that are slightly harder than the ones we went to last time.

Thunderstorm Forest would be pretty cool. Along with a couple of others that are slightly harder than the ones we went to last time.
Yeah seconding the forest. Last time was a bit...easy/simple with those other dungeons. I saw the time after we finished and was like "30 minutes for all 3 dungeons? How'd it take that long, seemed much quicker." Hopefully more people join though.

Alright, just like last time, the expedition will start at 8 PM EST (GMT -5) in #orangeislands. We're going to the following dungeons this time:
  • Happiness Lake
  • Island Garden
  • Thunderstorm Forest

I suggest you bring at least 2 Pokemon that are level 20 or higher. Thunderstorm Forest is quite tough.

Edit: we're doing this tomorrow at the same time

Thunderstorm Forest is definitely going to be a devil, which is why I had to suggest it. Hopefully we get a strong enough group of people to handle it. Also how big can parties be? I heard 4 but I may have heard 8?

Edit: I have a feeling this next expedition will be much longer then last time's :)
Also another suggestion for a dungeon is Ancient Relic, where you fight registeel at the end and get the music box. (Think that's what dungeon was called, was reading a game guide made by someone and don't know how reliable it is).

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone tried Cliffside Cave? I'm getting very pissed off with it right now, those Zubats and Supersonic are very irritating. I basically always die from a shit ton of confusion hax at around B11/12F. :(

canno

formerly The Reptile
So has anyone else played around with the house/map editor? Personally, I don't like it too much (it seems like a worse version of RPG Maker XP) but it is usable. I've made a nice little crystal cave as a house. It's extremely basic house with nothing in it, but it looks pretty. c:

Ah, I was really intrigued by this game and couldn't resist downloading. My name's Ziposaki, as always. I'm just starting, though, so I probably won't be able to join you guys for a while until I train more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)