Pokemon Nationals Shenanigans: A thread of joyous daydreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Official Nationals Thread has been plagued with posts about everything from ssbm, trash talking, to talks of suiting up at nationals and playing basketball. Now huy has tried time and again to tell people to stay on topic, but lets be honest, these posts will continue and he is just going to spend the remainder of his days deleting posts.
Again, please try to stay on topic!
oh what? you mean i cant talk about soccer with my mate dozz? that i cannot organize a game of soccer, the best sport in the world, with my mates and football lovers?

alright huy, shall we then create a thread and name it Nationals Shenanigans? A thread in which the community can talk about/plan out all the shenanigans to be had this coming summer, as well as whatever sports these kids and grown ups alike wish to play

can we also talk about all the food we are looking forward to consuming? like cheese cake and CHIC-FIL-A. Can we also talk about games other than pokemon that we'd like to play? like FIFA and mario cart. surely a thread like this would clear up this nationals attendance thread
I'll admit, even i have posted off topic in the official nationals thread. I was bragging about my plans to suit up and my yugioh prowess (please keep in mind i am joking whenever i do this, i am not the bragging type). Look, we have all gone off topic, so lets give huy and the mods and a break and start posting/ making all our nationals plans in here.

feel free to go off topic.
-Want to talk about what you'll wear? please let us all suit up or something :)

-want to organize some sports event like a game of basketball or something? I'm sure we'll play something at nationals. bring your sports attire people, be prepared

-want to talk about games you want to play during your down time? about just chilling in some hotel room and taking on your friends in pokemon stadium or smash or mario cart/party? want to trash talk as well? be careful

- Want to talk about how you are looking forward to some steak-N-shake or something? look, you get the idea, talk in here

we are all looking forward to pokemon nationals so its only natural that we go off topic, whether it be out of pure excitement for the event (yes we all JUST.CANNOT.WAIT.OMG) or because you really have a sweet idea and want to plan something out, we cannot help but spam the nationals thread with our excitement. All i ask is that you try not to make a mess. A thread like this can go downhill very quickly since it invites you to talk about all of your "excitements" in it, so lets try our best to keep it tidy, you get my drift?
Or it might not even take off, who knows. lets just go back to spamming the nationals thread and getting our posts deleted. this is just an idea i had

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great idea! Let the trash talking begin!
No.

It's fine to use this thread to organize side activities and all that. Nationals is a very social event and we understand the excitement. The trash talk, although friendly for the most part, is excruciating to read because most people here are terrible at it and it's the same tired crap again and again. Not to mention I saw a few posts in the last thread that were definitely not meant to be friendly. We don't need a thread full of it. Keep that crap off Smogon.

Seniors, you built up a lot of goodwill with the maturity that was displayed at Nationals and Worlds last year. Let's not use 2012 as an opportunity to throw that all away.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
No.

It's fine to use this thread to organize side activities and all that. Nationals is a very social event and we understand the excitement. The trash talk, although friendly for the most part, is excruciating to read because most people here are terrible at it and it's the same tired crap again and again. Not to mention I saw a few posts in the last thread that were definitely not meant to be friendly. We don't need a thread full of it. Keep that crap off Smogon.

Seniors, you built up a lot of goodwill with the maturity that was displayed at Nationals and Worlds last year. Let's not use 2012 as an opportunity to throw that all away.
Sorry, what I meant was that now we're able to talk about the Nationals side events without having someone tell us it's off topic. I'm just happy someone created this thread to serve that purpose. Nationals really IS a social event as well, right?

Ninahaza

lol this thread wasn't even an idea i had. i was just joking around with huy(like i often do) when i made that post in the nationals thread, i guess it "evolved" into something else. but thanks i guess.

Also firestorm pretty much said what i was trying to go for in the last paragraph in the OP, lets keep it clean and not make this another clean up job for the mods (because thats what i was trying to go for when i created this thread, less clean up overall)

ok more on topic now. so i wanted to touch a bit on the basketball and soccer talks. As huy mentioned in the nationals thread, Alaka, Duy, Huy and I tried to find a basketball court and failed last year. We ended up at an old YMCA, but unfortunately it was closed. That was on sunday and i'm guessing it was a schedule thing as the YMCA i go to over here in seattle is closed on Sundays as well. Hopefully we would be able to take advantage of their basketball court on the other days, and i'm sure they provide the balls as well.

as for soccer, i'm not really sure about kicking the ball in the hallway, but in Africa we kicked the ball around ANYWHERE. I'm sure as long as there arent any glasses or anything to break, we'll find a nice spot. I remember right outside the Marriott (or was it the fairfield?) there's a Museum right across the street, and it has a huge space outside of it. Right outside the museum we have a perfect place to kick a ball around, and the best part is that there is grass on the ground. mmmmmm, Grass field :)

in the end i'm sure we can find places to play whatever it is you guys plan out, i havent even done a proper search of the city yet. to be honest i am more worried about the temperature than anything else

EDIT:crap, wait was the YMCA closed on a Monday? i may have mixed things up

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
lol this thread wasn't even an idea i had. i was just joking around with huy(like i often do) when i made that post in the nationals thread, i guess it "evolved" into something else. but thanks i guess.

Also firestorm pretty much said what i was trying to go for in the last paragraph in the OP, lets keep it clean and not make this another clean up job for the mods (because thats what i was trying to go for when i created this thread, less clean up overall)

ok more on topic now. so i wanted to touch a bit on the basketball and soccer talks. So as huy said in the nationals thread, Alaka, Duy, Huy and I tried to find a basketball court and failed last year. We ended up at an old YMCA, but unfortunately it was closed. That as was sunday and i'm guessing it was a schedule thing as the YMCA i go to over here in seattle is closed on Sundays as well. Hopefully we would be able to take advantage of their basketball court on the other days, and i'm sure they provide the balls as well.

as for soccer, i'm not really sure about kicking the ball in the hallway, but in Africa we kicked the ball around ANYWHERE. I'm sure as long as there arent any glasses or anything to break, we'll find a nice spot. I remember right outside the Marriott (or was it the fairfield?) there's a Museum right across the street, and it has a huge space outside of it. Right outside the museum we have a perfect place to kick a ball around, and the best aprt is that there is grass on the ground. mmmmmm, Grass field :)
If I'm there, I'm bringing 6 basketballs (yes, I have 6). I'll do anything to have an opportunity to play a nice pickup game of bball. I'll even bring my hoop, if my dad will let me.
As for soccer, we might need to figure out the boundaries if it's just an open grass field. xD

Ninahaza

damn, i knew i mixed something up.

also i dont know exactly how big of a space we have on the grass field of the museum for soccer. its sad that i've been going to nationals in Indianapolis and havent once crossed the street to check out that museum. but i remember it having a BIG space outside of it, pretty big man

Ninahaza

a nice grass field works both ways? i'm sure we can play both the real football and American football on it (or wherever we end up)

Hmm, regardless of weather(someone said it was going to be VERY hot) I would be up for football/soccer if a field is available. But I will probably get whooped, anyone who wants me to be goalie will soon end up regretting it. Are there any particularly good museums/attractions in Indianapolis?

is this a thread for canada nats too? because what is everyone planning to do in toronto. in all the times i've been, it's come off as kind of boring (toronto i mean, never been to nats)

is this a thread for canada nats too? because what is everyone planning to do in toronto. in all the times i've been, it's come off as kind of boring (toronto i mean, never been to nats)
No just the US, you could probably make one for Canada though.

If we can find some open courts not too far away or something, I'm game for Basketball.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
I'm up for football. I suck at QB, I can only catch though. Basketball is more my style; I call PG if we find a court or gym!

Ninahaza

No just the US, you could probably make one for Canada though.

If we can find some open courts not too far away or something, I'm game for Basketball.

Nah, i didnt include U.S in the title for a reason, Canada is welcome in here as well. Plus I don't know how the mods would feel about monitoring another thread like this one

If BabbyKid5 gets his electric scooter in time, I'm predicting he'll bring it.
Chances are, he'll wear a Pokemon T-Shirt!

I'm so bad at both kinds of football. I'll sit out on that. I am up for most any board games and Brawl. Always Brawl. It there is a room with Brawl playing, I will find it.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Guys, this thread seems to have drifted off topic as well, which is suprising for it being an offtopic thread. I know we're all throwing ideas out for what we'd like to do currently. Thats good, so when we know who's interested in what, we can make some more arrangements either in the OP, a post in here, or if it's a small activity, through VM/PM systems.

What we don't need is general chit chat about ability and positions in certain games, lets try and stick to activities, who's interested in what, and other such information like where to eat/any hidden gems in Indy. Sorry to moan, but noone likes reading through a really cluttered thread of nonsense.

I do believe that we must go back to Scotty's and have another cornhole tournament.

Also ban Dubs. OP at cornhole and has no counters.

Hmm, regardless of weather(someone said it was going to be VERY hot) I would be up for football/soccer if a field is available. But I will probably get whooped, anyone who wants me to be goalie will soon end up regretting it. Are there any particularly good museums/attractions in Indianapolis?
There's the Indianapolis Zoo, and the Indianapolis Children's Museum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)