Pokemon Online disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Smogon!
Has anybody besides me get kicked from the Smogon server besides me at a match were you lose one of th9se -24 points? I wanted to know why the overactive rule exists. Moderaters and the other people who have the ability to mute people usually do at the first,sign of spamming. What are your thoughts on this.

U have been on for seven hoyrs, it is 4 in the morning.....I should go to sleep

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
RD said somewhere if the overactive thing wasn't in place, it would crash the server every single time someone did that.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Currently, you can activate the overactive message by being overactive, right? Right. If that wasn't there, you could go on and on, right? Right. If you did that, the server would crash, no doubt about it.

Rising_Dusk said:
If you spam the server with actions, regardless of what they are, you can cause severe damage to the server. Now imagine if dozens of users do this all at once. This is the equivalent of a DOS attack, and can (and would) shut down the server quickly and reliably. In order to stem this, overactive checks are in-place that ensure that anyone who is overactive is removed from the server before they can cause it harm.
Oh, and by the way, don't make new threads for this stuff. Use the SQSA forum. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)