Programming Pokemon Online replay player

Status
Not open for further replies.
New battle log format has some additional data that is hidden inside the tags, you won't be able to copypaste it from battle window and it's vital for this tool.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Nah, the tool was made before that additional data was added, and can guess plenty well without them.

I haven't added support for manually pasting logs either way, though; that's on the back burner while my newer awesomer project is being worked on.

The Dusclops bug will go on the to-do list. Bit busy to fix it now. :(

Nah, the tool was made before that additional data was added, and can guess plenty well without them.

I haven't added support for manually pasting logs either way, though; that's on the back burner while my newer awesomer project is being worked on.

The Dusclops bug will go on the to-do list. Bit busy to fix it now. :(
yep, it's cool! Just thought I'd let you know :) Great job, I shared it on another site. I gave you full credit and all that jazz. seems like they like it.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, is it possible to watch logs that have just been copy'd from a pastebin, rather than having to upload ones saved on your pc? I think that'd be a pretty cool feature, because then anyone can watch logs if they have access to a copy/paste version of it

So I'm trying to upload a battle to convert and get this error:

Error: This does not appear to be a valid Pokemon Online replay.

Bug? Report it to the replay viewer's Smogon thread

I've had a problem before watching a replay and I'm wondering if it's because of my browser, which was the problem last time. I'm running an old 3.5 I think version of Firefox and I'm not sure it is supported or not but I can't upload a replay :/

To everybody complaining:

It is probably because Smogon is still using an old PO version, and the Replay Viewer + Pokemon Online were updated simultaneously to accomodate each other.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Of note:

- Doubles support will be added eventually, but currently, other things are higher priority. I can't give an exact date, but I'd estimate a month or so.

- Protect / Giga Impact is a legitimate bug.

- The replay viewer supports all versions of Pokemon Online replays, new and old.

The message "does not appear to be a valid Pokemon Online replay" can be generated if coyotte changes the log format without telling me. Could you paste the log's HTML source code into Pastebin and paste the Pastebin link here? That would be the best way to confirm.

- Firefox 3.5 is mostly supported. You might have problems, but it shouldn't be too bad. I recommend upgrading to the latest version either way.

Sometimes the Pokemon Online Replay Player doesn't takes the files and points them as an error like Arctic Eclipse mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)