Programming Pokemon Online replay player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
You can screen record it then upload it to Youtube. Although, I'm sure aeo has an export to video feature planned in the pipeline :P. If you could implement something along those lines, that would be super slick!
Unfortunately, video export is not in my areas of expertise. :( Someone else is welcome to try, though. The rendering code is readable. The converted replays look like this:

http://aesoft.org/pokemon/uploads/lampeskaerm-vs-Violatic--2011-04-26.txt

Barring that, I would recommend screen-recording and uploading to YouTube.

You can screen record it then upload it to Youtube. Although, I'm sure aeo has an export to video feature planned in the pipeline :P. If you could implement something along those lines, that would be super slick!
it´b SUPER handful for the ones who dont have a emulator I´d be like Blametruth or FlamingSpade

EDIT:oh well you are doing SO much for us i was pushing it too far.Good Luck friend! :D

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
By the way, I have a question:

Currently, I have animated front-sprites, but very few back-sprites are animated. Do you guys think I should switch the replay viewer to using animated front-sprites, and just leave the back-sprites still, or if I should let both of them be still until animated back-sprites are available?

By the way, I have a question:

Currently, I have animated front-sprites, but very few back-sprites are animated. Do you guys think I should switch the replay viewer to using animated front-sprites, and just leave the back-sprites still, or if I should let both of them be still until animated back-sprites are available?
I'll put in a query at Veekun about it and see what comes from that.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I've made a lot of updates the past day, so I'm going to describe them (you may need to refresh the replay viewer to see the changes):

- Stealth Rock damage accounts for type effectiveness now
- Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock are now visualized
- Reflect and Light Screen are now visualized
- Moves that miss will have miss animations

I've also been spending all my free time fixing bugs - suffice to say if your replay wasn't working before, it's probably working now.

For those curious, this is what entry hazards look like now: http://aesoft.org/pokemon/replay-test-sandstorm-hail-spikes

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
this replayer getting more awesome by the minute - thanks, aeo - it's so fun to re-watch my battles just for the sake of the sick animations, ahaha

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Small glitch I noticed. In that log, Skarmory lays down only 2 layers of spikes, but it shows mons switching in as losing 25% of their HP to Spikes.

Also, instead of saying "2x atk" or "0.7x atk" can you have it just say +2 Atk or -1 Atk?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Small glitch I noticed. In that log, Skarmory lays down only 2 layers of spikes, but it shows mons switching in as losing 25% of their HP to Spikes.
Oh, I thought Spikes was 12.5% per layer. Bulbapedia tells me I'm wrong. How embarrassing. >_<

Fixed.

Also, instead of saying "2x atk" or "0.7x atk" can you have it just say +2 Atk or -1 Atk?
The reason it's currently "2x Atk" is because I think a newbie user won't know what "+2 Atk" means, while an experienced user can easily deduce that "2x Atk" is two stages.

I'm open to changing it if there's a good reason, of course. Why do you think it should be changed?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The reason it's currently "2x Atk" is because I think a newbie user won't know what "+2 Atk" means, while an experienced user can easily deduce that "2x Atk" is two stages.

I'm open to changing it if there's a good reason, of course. Why do you think it should be changed?
A couple reasons.

1: 0.7x Atk for -1 is inaccurate (since it's technically 2/3 or .66 repeating), and that annoys me.

2: I find plenty of people know what a stage boost translates to, but I personally prefer the stage boost notation simply because that's what's used in the simulator, and while it's easy to translate +2 to 2x Attack (because that's what a player does commonly), the reverse translation is a bit more unwieldy- seeing 2x Attack doesn't instantly read +2 to me, and seeing 3x Attack definitely doesn't translate to +4 (as was the case with an earlier log that I saw on this).

It's just an aesthetic thing, but it's one that I think works better with the actual stage boost than the multiplier.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pretty amazing! It seems to say that Dry Skin heals 6%, when it should heal 12.5%.

yeah, there are a few problems, like the dry skin thing, and the program isn't sure what a white herb is, but the fact that it has better graphics then PO, and allows you to actually watch the battle, i have to give this thing 2 thumbs up.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
EDIT: Porygon2 shows up as Porygon.
Probably fixed. Could you link to a replay to confirm?

very, very cool, but if the two leads are the same mon, he messes up:
http://aesoft.org/pokemon/replay-To...--26-februari-2011-at-17h24-private1460025948
Fixed.

Pretty amazing! It seems to say that Dry Skin heals 6%, when it should heal 12.5%.
Could you link to a replay?

yeah, there are a few problems, like the dry skin thing, and the program isn't sure what a white herb is, but the fact that it has better graphics then PO, and allows you to actually watch the battle, i have to give this thing 2 thumbs up.
Can you link to a replay with white herb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)