Programming Pokemon Online replay player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life Orb support?

Hi, I don't know if this has been address already, but it wasn't in the OP and doing a quick scan of the replies, I didn't find anything.

I was wondering if there was any way for Life Orb recoil to be displayed? I realize that since the logs don't record Life Orb, there may be nothing the converter can do about it.

as an example:
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-BAOYU-vs-dzou--2011-09-28

My Infernape is LifeOrbbed and starting turn 17, my opponents starts to switch around to lifeorb stale me, but my infernape's health bar remains at 100%. Then later, during turn 25, my infernape's life bar still says 100% and then my opponent's Gengar use Shadowball, doing 50%, but my infernape ends up losing all of his life.

If this has already been addressed, please just say so and i will look more thoroughly through the thread. It'd be cool if there was a list of known problems that can't be fixed yet.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Hi, I don't know if this has been address already, but it wasn't in the OP and doing a quick scan of the replies, I didn't find anything.

I was wondering if there was any way for Life Orb recoil to be displayed? I realize that since the logs don't record Life Orb, there may be nothing the converter can do about it.

as an example:
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-BAOYU-vs-dzou--2011-09-28

My Infernape is LifeOrbbed and starting turn 17, my opponents starts to switch around to lifeorb stale me, but my infernape's health bar remains at 100%. Then later, during turn 25, my infernape's life bar still says 100% and then my opponent's Gengar use Shadowball, doing 50%, but my infernape ends up losing all of his life.

If this has already been addressed, please just say so and i will look more thoroughly through the thread. It'd be cool if there was a list of known problems that can't be fixed yet.
There's an FAQ near the bottom.

I've updated it just now, to answer your question:

Q: Pain Split, recoil, Wish, Life Orb, Stealth Rock, or Leech Seed damage/healing is being calculated incorrectly, and/or, Regenerator and Natural Cure healing aren't working!

A: You're using a replay from an old version of Pokemon Online, which doesn't contain this information. The replayer tries to guess the best it can, but it can sometimes be off by a bit. Please update to the latest version of Pokemon Online.

In particular, if Life Orb isn't showing up or Stealth Rock is being calculated incorrectly, you're using a very, very old version of Pokemon Online and should really upgrade.

There aren't any known problems right now (or, to be exact, all known problems have been fixed), other than the things the FAQ talks about here.

Just an idea, maybe play the victory/lost theme depending on which you're viewing? If you're submitting it as a spectator, it would play the theme based on what side you're viewing the backsprite of.

Also, when you watch to the end of a battle, then hit "go to turn x", it still shows all the pokemon as fainted. Probs the same from any point in the battle.

another idea for spectator battles is to have the camera angle switch so the attacking pokemon is the backsprite. i.e. gengar attacks celibi, gengar becomes the backsprite for the first half the turn. The second half of the turn, celibi attacks gengar, and thusly celibi becomes the backsprite. This is only really useful for spectator battles. It's more of a "when you have time/it would be cool" thing though XD

great job!

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Okay, that explains it. Thanks for the reply both of you.
The replay you uploaded was generated by a PO client version 1.0.29 or earlier, so I don't think the Smogon server is, if relevant, the only thing causing your problem.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
aesoft, I think the Haxorus sprite is broken (turn 8)
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-EspyJoel-vs-Vinc2612--2011-10-11
It seems atributes aren't filtered, so it's possible to insert js code to Original Replay (I have no idea how to abuse it though...).
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/uploads/Fellipeed-vs-Kalashnikov--16--2011-at-22h20.html
Original replay files aren't filtered at all.

This could be used to extract cookies, though, which would be bad if I ever moved it onto the Showdown domain. I guess the solution would be to either prevent replay files from being viewable, or start filtering them.

I'll do one of those when I ever move domains. :/

And what if I upload replay with filename equal to already existing upload? Can't I replace some featured replay with mine?
Yeah, I wanted to have a feature that let you edit replays, but there wasn't any good way to confirm you were the person who uploaded the original replay.

Oh, well, it's disabled now.

Is the site down for anyone else? When I go on it, it shows a blank page with the text double arrow etcetetc error 19000 :/ also, I have PO version 1.0.30 but smogon is still on 1.0.23 Would that affect my replay?

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's down for me too. This specific error shows up:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 19300

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Got the same:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 19300

How interesting

All right, here's a feature request that should be pretty easy to implement. Can the total number of turns in a given replay be displayed next to the current turn (ie Turn 28/35)? It would be nice to know, since there isn't a description in the big list, if what I'm watching is a 6-0 sweep or a stall fest.

Small glitch: if you watch partway through a replay and reset, the pokeballs of the pokemon who had fainted stay faded.

Afaik it occurs on any replay.

Another bug: this replay has someone trolling with Assist, setting up three layers of Spikes and Stealth Rock, then Assisting Whirlwind and Roar. Problem is, if a monster is KO'd by entry hazard damage when it's dragged out, its sprite will stay on the field. By the end of the replay Jirachi, Politoed and Reuniclus are standing on top of each other. It looks like this is just a graphical glitch though.

That's a really useful program, if a log has 20+ turns, for me, is too long, but see a video is sooo cool

I have only three suggests, on graphic side
  1. Better pictures for Stealth Rock, it looks like crap :E
  2. Writing, under Turn x, Sand Stream / Drought / Drizzle / Snow Warning activated, in my opinion is better than only Sandstorm / other
  3. The pokeball of a poke with a status should be colored with red / purple / yellow / other

Again, that's a really useful way to see battles, congratulations to who created it :)

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Small glitch: if you watch partway through a replay and reset, the pokeballs of the pokemon who had fainted stay faded.

Afaik it occurs on any replay.
I fixed that in Showdown, but apparently forgot to fix it in the replay player. FIXED.

Another bug: this replay has someone trolling with Assist, setting up three layers of Spikes and Stealth Rock, then Assisting Whirlwind and Roar. Problem is, if a monster is KO'd by entry hazard damage when it's dragged out, its sprite will stay on the field. By the end of the replay Jirachi, Politoed and Reuniclus are standing on top of each other. It looks like this is just a graphical glitch though.
This is a PO bug, incidentally - it puts the messages in the wrong order:

Cara fainted!
Cara was dragged out!

I think the replay player did quite well in assuming a different Cara was dragged out than the one that fainted.

I implemented a workaround, anyway, so this should be FIXED. :P

Apparently "skip to next turn" causes weird graphics glitches if you click it too many times. TODO: fix that.

Better pictures for Stealth Rock, it looks like crap :E
I know. Find me a better picture and I'll use it.

Writing, under Turn x, Sand Stream / Drought / Drizzle / Snow Warning activated, in my opinion is better than only Sandstorm / other
This makes no sense.

The pokeball of a poke with a status should be colored with red / purple / yellow / other
This has been TODO for a while.

I know you already answered the question, but I did not copy and paste the log, I did correctly save the log like I did with all the others but I still get the, "Error: Replay file must an original Pokemon Online replay file. Copying and pasting replay text into another file will not work." What's wrong?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I know you already answered the question, but I did not copy and paste the log, I did correctly save the log like I did with all the others but I still get the, "Error: Replay file must an original Pokemon Online replay file. Copying and pasting replay text into another file will not work." What's wrong?
Could you upload your replay file somewhere, such as MediaFire? I'd like to take a look at it.

I am also getting this problem and it just started today. Any help?

I am also having the same problem as BonPaladin, Bakerdys and Myzou.
I get the following messages: "Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpINlqM5' to 'uploads/JohN-vs--Schatten---18-june-2011-at-14h54-1.html' in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/index.php on line 52"

"
Error: Replay file must an original Pokemon Online replay file. Copying and pasting replay text into another file will not work."

However, I am using an original Pokemon Online replay file, and I'm also using the latest version available(1.0.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)