1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Online server live!

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by eric the espeon, Feb 8, 2011.

1. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Everything is on the sim bar custom moves and abilities, and RD is looking into a way to allow us to add CaPs to the 4th gen as well as 5th. I am hosting the server for now, it's on the registry, 86.132.37.237:5080. It will be interesting to see how many people it can handle on my connection. I've updated to the newest version of PO server (with GSC+bugfixes) and applied the CaP changes to it.

[​IMG]

For the record: worst first battle ever. He loaded a non-CaP team and I played with a five minute Sun team which used the wrong ability on Ninetales. There was even hax involved.

If you want to join in now then download this and extract it to your main PO client folder. You will still be able to play on other PO servers, CaPs will just show up as missingno in battle. I'm unsure how it will work on non-Windows operating systems, so if you use one please post the results here. I will be releasing a new version with usable pre-evo placeholders and custom moves fairly soon. There will be another update for fourth gen, and hopefully one with sprites for pre evos and BW style sprites (or at least correctly aligned ones, they are positioned awkwardly in the sim at the moment).

Mods come online to claim your Great Balls (reg your name first though).
  2. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

3. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Good Job! This is nice!
  4. ungulateman

ungulateman

Good job eric.

Looking forward to actually playing with the CAPS. I could never get Shoddy Battle to work...
  5. eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

To do:
    - Improve tiers
    - Improve welcome message
    - Change scripts (have set ban/unban to Mod commands rather than Admin, will customize more, perhaps bring HAL back in some form, lots of ideas)
    - Decide on Rating decay, rematch stuff, other things.
    - Find out if my comp and connection can handle a small server (we've had at most 5 people on at once so far).
    - Make it generally more.. homely.

I'm very open to suggestions, just bear in mind my minimal scripting experience.
  6. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP ROB
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, I had a CAP team ready to go, but I forgot to load it AGAIN. ARGH PO WHY DO YOU REQUIRE ME TO LOAD THE TEAM AFTER SAVING IT!!!!! YOU SUCK

Seriously, though, I apologize for this battle being not very appropriate for an inaugural battle at all. Fortunately, only a screenshot is done on the actual thread.
  7. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Great job on this, ete. I'm a little sad that I didn't get the chance to do anything, but hey, it's good that it all got done and by someone who's deeply involved in the project no less. Cheers and I'll get to work on the generation issue ASAP.
  8. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Have you been missing out, heh.

Great progress. Ha, Look at Colo. The back sprites obviously need to be lowered.
  9. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Great job.

Here are some things that I've noticed:

• Syclant's shiny and normal sprites have different poses
    • Rev should have 90 HP, not 99 (you know about this)
    • Krilowatt doesn't have any of his HM moves (you know about this as well)
    • Voodoll is Normal/Dark, not Fighting/Normal like it is on the server
    • Voodoom should have Psychic
    • Duclohm has DARUMA MODE for an ability
    I know most of this stuff doesn't matter but it's worth noting.
  10. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Prevos don't seem to have sprites or movepools, and they all have the same (very low) stat distribution.
  11. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, that's because we don't have any real canon data regarding them. We'll implement the sprites shortly and once we have all of them, but the stats/movepools/etc. are up in the air.
  12. Chubbs

Chubbs

Is mountaineer working on Syclant? It shows up as "No Ability".
  13. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP ROB
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Sadly, PO seems to be allergic to custom abilities. Or something.
  14. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

No, they just have to be programmed in. I will add those in once I solve the generation issue.
  15. Plusle

Plusle

What banlist does the cap server have? because i can abuse rain and swift swim
  16. eric the espeon

Syclant's sprites have been that way since the very start of the CaP Shoddy server. Doug did it to show off both poses of the sprite, though I may switch to normal frame for consistency. Rev's HP is fixed on server/newer download (from yesterday) and will use the correct mechanics. I copied the on site dex which seems to have a typo. Kril's HMs are also fixed in the version I put up yesterday. I will check through the movepools and fix the other issues (though Voodoll's type is not exactly relevant since it has no moves), then upload a new version and update the server. May try again to add custom moves, may leave that for a later one.

I remember an old post by Doug discussing the idea of using CaP as a testing ground for new forms of suspect testing, that may happen. For now I'm not going to introduce any scripted complex bans. The server runs off a slightly modified version of the main PO server scripts, though I'll be making more changes.
  17. Paradox

Paradox

Worked perfectly on the mac version. You have to right click the application icon and select "Show Package Contents", then drop the folder in "Resources".
  18. eric the espeon

Uploaded new version, most movepool issues should be fixed, some pre evo sprites in. Will fix things which only matter to pre evos for the next update (Voodoll type, Duclohm DW ability), and add pre evos. Thanks to zara for helping find errors on the CaP site which caused me to add wrong moves/miss some. We've added the corrections to site so when a SSer gets to that the accuracy should improve a lot.

You don't *need* to update, but you won't have fixed movepools in your teambuilder otherwise. Can still play fine with the old version.
  19. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

BTW, if Deck Knight approves of it, I've posted Plicowatt's stats, abilities (including Dream World), and movepool in a somewhat haphazard manner (and provided comments on both it and Krilowatt in terms of movepool).
  20. Vaz

Vaz

Awesome, I'm on!
  21. Captain

Captain
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I went on but nobody was on. Downloading custom client anyway.

ok, I downloaded the db.zip unzipped the db inside and then used that to replace the old db. But it's still not working.

nvm, must've been a problem with...ok it's working now.
  22. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

So does this include custom moves? No Kitsunoh is messing horribly with the metagame.
  23. ungulateman

ungulateman

Too bad that the server is almost always about three people, one of which is playing Little Cup, one of which is me, and the other is using an un-EVed team of bads. :/
  24. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

I'll try and EV my pokes ungulate :P
  25. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Until things are completely smoothed out in the server and we start creating Pokemon again, it should be expected to be that way. Like Doug once said, people would probably rather play with "real" Pokemon in a new generation. I can't wait until we get down to business though. I miss using the Cap server somewhat exclusively.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)