Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 2 (In-Game Discussion)

Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mark 2 (In-Game Discussion)

DO NOT ASK FOR ROMS OR YOU WILL BE INFRACTED

CAN YOU REACH ALL 3 MOVE TUTORS? HELP US FIGURE OUT WHICH MOVE TUTOR MOVES POKEMON LEARN!

GO HERE FOR COMPETITIVE DISCUSSION

For more info Coronis' and Serebii's Discovery Thread on Serebii

Legendary Pokemon !

The Kanto Birds (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres) Make a reapperance at Level 60!

Heatran catchable at Level 50!

Dialga and Palkia at Spear Pillar (in single battles) after you get the Shinnoh Dex at Level 70!

Regitrio (Regirock, Regice, Registeel) Available at Level 30!

Regigigas in Snowpoint Temple at Level 1!

New Battle Frontier!
The names of the various areas of the Battle Frontier are:
PokeBeach said:
  • Battle Castle - The Battle Castle works like this: you fight either 1v1 or 2v2 battles, 7 in a row, Battle Tower style. The catch is, you don't get healed in-between battles and you can't use any items. After each match, you earn "Castle Points." You can use the Castle Points as currency to heal your Pokemon, rent items, or look at your next opponent's stats.
  • Battle Roulette - The Battle Roulette is a "multi battle." You battle 3v3 or 4v4, and before battling you play roulette. Random things happen depending on what you roll - for example, you can get a Berry put on each of your Pokemon, all of your Pokemon may go into battle Poisoned, or nothing may happen at all.
  • Battle Factory - The Battle Factory is the same - 3v3/4v4 battles, but you rent random Pokemon instead of using your own. Every time you win a battle, you have an option of switching one of you Pokemon for one of your opponent's.
  • Battle Stage - The Battle Stage only allows you to use one Pokemon. You choose your opponent from a list of types. The Pokemon are not scaled down to Level 50 for this area. The opponent's Pokemon starts at Level 70 and continues to grow two levels with each passing battle. Different Pokemon and Trainers are used each battle. You fight 10 rounds
  • Battle Tower - The Battle Tower is the same as in Emerald - 3v3, 4v4 double battles.
Prizes so far are the same as in Diamond and Pearl.
The Battle Frontier (except for the Battle Stage) sets all of your Pokemon to Level 50.
List of Pokemon in the Battle Frontier, ALSO CONTAINS HINTS AT MOVE TUTOR MOVES: http://pokedex-br.info/battlefrontier-pokemon.csv

Pokemon get New Moves And Sprites!

Check Serebii's Pokedex to see which pokemon have new moves! (Gotten from LegendaryPokemon.net. Does not include new Rotom's or Origin Giratina. Might not be 100% correct yet.)

Check here For the New Sprites (only on Gen 4 Pokemon or Pokemon in the Shinnoh Dex)

Updated Gym And Elite Four Rosters

Roark (Rock):
Lv 12,
Lv 12,
Lv 14
Gardenia (Grass):
Lv 20,
Lv 20,
Lv 20
Fantina (Ghost):
Lv 24,
Lv 24,
Lv 26
Mayline (Fighting):
Lv 28,
Lv 29,
Lv 32
Crasher Wake (Water):
Lv 33,
Lv 34,
Lv 37
Bryon (Steel):
Lv 37,
Lv 38,
Lv 41
Candice (Ice):
Lv 40,
Lv 40,
Lv 42,
Lv 44
Volkner (Electric):
Lv 46,
Lv 46,
Lv 48
Lv 50

Aaron (Bug):
Lv 49,
Lv 49,
Lv 50,
Lv 51,
Lv 53
Bertha (Ground):
Lv 50,
Lv 53,
Lv 52,
Lv 52,
Lv 55
Flint (Fire):
Lv 52,
Lv 55,
Lv 53,
Lv 55,
Lv 57
Lucian (Psychic):
Lv 53,
Lv 55,
Lv 54,
Lv 56,
Lv 59
Cynthia:
Lv 58,
Lv 58,
Lv 60,
Lv 60,
Lv 58,
Lv 62

Gym Leader and Elite Four and Double Battle Trainer Rematches!

Roark (Rock):
Lv 62,
Lv 61,
Lv 63,
Lv 61,
Lv. 65
Gardenia (Grass):
Lv 61,
Lv 62,
Lv 61,
Lv 63,
Lv 65
Fantina (Ghost):
Lv 62,
Lv 62 ,
Lv 63,
Lv 66,
Lv 62
Mayline (Fighting):
Lv 62,
Lv 62,
Lv 63,
Lv 66,
Lv 64
Crasher Wake (Water):
Lv 61,
Lv 62,
Lv 63,
Lv 65,
Lv 61
Bryon (Steel):
Lv 61,
Lv 62,
Lv 61,
Lv 63,
Lv 65
Candice (Ice):
Lv 62,
Lv 61,
Lv 61,
Lv 63,
Lv. 65
Volkner (Electric):
Lv 61,
Lv 61,
Lv 62,
Lv 65,
Lv 63

Aaron (Bug):
Lv 65,
Lv 65,
Lv 66,
Lv 67,
Lv 69
Bertha (Ground):
Lv 66,
Lv 69,
Lv 69,
Lv 68,
Lv 71
Flint (Fire):
Lv 68,
Lv 71,
Lv 69,
Lv 71,
Lv 73
Lucian (Psychic):
Lv 69,
Lv 71,
Lv 71,
Lv 70,
Lv 75
Cynthia:
Lv 74,
Lv 74,
Lv 76,
Lv 76,
Lv 74,
Lv 78

Rotom's Formes revealed!
(Credit to Pokebeach)
All these forms are available when you get an item called the "Secret Key". It has been announced that the Secret Key will be distributed at retail stores as well as via Wi-Fi, during the period between September 28 and November 4, 2008.

It's currently unknown whether or not these new Rotom Forme's types will be combined with the previous Rotom's Ghost or Electric typing, Ghost seems more likely but none are confirmed. It's still possible that none of these Formes will have neither the Ghost or Electric-type and could be just one type. It's also unknown if they'll share the Levitate ability or all receive new abilities.

Frost Forme (Fridge) Knows Blizzard

Wash Forme (Washing Machine) Knows Hydro Pump.

Spin Rotom Forme (Fan) Knows Air Slash

Cut Forme (Lawnmower) Knows Leaf Storm

Heat Forme (Toaster/Oven) Knows Overheat

Complete Sinnoh Dex!
The 151 of the Shinnoh dex are still the same:

Code:
Platinum Expansion:
152 Rotom
153 Gligar
154 Gliscor
155 Nosepass
156 Probopass
157 Ralts
158 Kirlia
159 Gardevoir
160 Gallade
161 Lickitung
162 Lickilicky
163 Eevee
164 Vaporeon
165 Jolteon
166 Flareon
167 Espeon
168 Umbreon
169 Leafeon
170 Glaceon 
171 Swablu
172 Altaria 
173 Togepi 
174 Togetic 
175 Togekiss 
176 Houndour 
177 Houndoom 
178 Magnemite 
179 Magneton 
180 Magnezone 
181 Tangela 
182 Tangrowth 
183 Yanma 
184 Yanmega 
185 Tropius 
186 Rhyhorn 
187 Rhydon 
188 Rhyperior 
189 Duskull 
190 Dusclops 
191 Dusknoir 
192 Porygon 
193 Porygon2 
194 Porygon-Z 
195 Scyther 
196 Scizor 
197 Elekid 
198 Electabuzz 
199 Electivire 
200 Magby 
201 Magmar
202 Magmortar
203 Swinub
204 Piloswine
205 Mamoswine
206 Snorunt
207 Glalie
208 Frosslass
209 Absol
210 Giratina
It also seems that non-4th gen Pokémon that are not in the Sinnoh Dex do not get new sprites.

Missing Pokemon!
Misdrevous, Mismagius, Murkrow, Honchkrow, Glameow, Purugly, Stunky, Skuntank

For more non-competitive info, check the Bulbapedia Article or Coronis's Discovery Thread on Serebii
More new info will be added as it is discovered

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow I didn't see before that Skymin got Quick Attack. Maybe if it gets Seed Bomb a physical shaymin might actually be viable?

I actually think Seed bomb will be a tutor move because of Pachirisu using it, it'd be such a waste to give it to a pokemon like Pachirisu....

I really hope that Girintina can go to its new forme out of torn world it would be stupid if it couldnt becuase they made all this hype and work to program it and it would only be avalible in a place without battles? yeah I dont think so

I hope that Swalot thing is just a mini game and not a new Poffin process. I'd personally find it disturbing to feed my Pokemon cakes that a Swalot pooped out...

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Wow I didn't see before that Skymin got Quick Attack.
I think a picture in Serebii.net showed that it got Quick Attack.

I really hope that Girintina can go to its new forme out of torn world it would be stupid if it couldnt becuase they made all this hype and work to program it and it would only be avalible in a place without battles? yeah I dont think so
Well they DID have a video of a WiFi/Wireless battle with origin Giratina vs Dialga. Either an item/place exists to change its form or, more unlikely, a Pokemon Center in the Torn World.

You might also want to mention about
- the 5 new Pokemon.
- Return of Battle Frontier (Battle Tower and Factory confirmed)
- Event Regigigas and the rest of the Regis.

Break out the extra large salt shaker before you continue reading, but this is (supposedly) some Battle Frontier information posted at Pokebeach and supposedly from a leaked Japanese ROM.

Pokebeach said:
The following information is not confirmed and could be 100% false. It comes from a 2ch thread discussing Pokemon Platinum. Since some people have the game early, the rom has already been leaked to the internet and is being played within close Japanese circles. There is a possibility the information below is legitimate and originates from someone in possession of the game or rom. If this information turns out to be fake later, please do not shoot us - we're only trying to satisfy fans awaiting the game's release. Even if it is fake, it's fun to speculate.

* Platinum's Battle Frontier was designed by Professor Oak and inspired by Scott's Battle Frontier
* After 77 consecutive victories in the Battle Tower, you receive Oak's Letter, which allows you to encounter Shaymin at the Flower Paradise
* Each area of the Frontier gives only 1 symbol (you could get 2 in Emerald)
* After earning 3 symbols, you receive a Members Card from a strange man, which allows you to encounter Darkrai on Newmoon Island
* At 5 symbols, the last area opens
* At 6 symbols, you receive a Rowap Berry (If the Attacking Pokemon damages a Pokemon with a Rowap Berry attached and was using a Special attack, the Attacking Pokemon is also damaged)

"Oak's Letter," the "Member's Card," and the Rowap Berry are programmed into Diamond and Pearl, but have not officially been revealed yet. It makes sense that these could be given out in Platinum. Having the opportunity to capture two legendary Pokemon because of the Battle Frontier seems a little "too good to be true," but then again, the addition of 59 Pokemon to Platinum's PokeDex means 59 more Pokemon are going to need to be native to Sinnoh.

Just to repeat myself - this information is NOT confirmed and could be completely, 100% false. The only reason we are posting it is because we know the rom is out within a few groups of people. Once the rom hits the internet, anything posted has a chance of being real. For now, take the information above with an absolute grain of salt, but entertain the ideas in your head.
Given the source (2ch), I have to question it myself. Still, it would be amazing if they actually let Darkrai and Shaymin be obtainable in that fashion.

Though I'm shocked that they didn't add in a part about the "final area" having either Arceus or the Azure Flute in it.

I hope they do that. Seriously. I screwed up my ToysRUs Darkrai (10 Spa >_>) and I'd love to be able to use a synchronizer....

That was posted in the old thread earlier today.
The problem I pointed out was this: DP takes place during GSC, and Scott's Battle Frontier was built in Emerald, which took place after the former two games chronologically. So how could Oak base his frontier off of one that has yet to exist? I think the best we can hope for from the frontier are move tutors and maybe a couple new berries. I would love to be wrong though.

^ Or it could be that Dialga decided to speed things up a bit and move time, thus causing Platinum to magically be within the same time line as Emerald.

I have some problems with that.

1. If d/p was made before emearld, wouldn't emerald have the already existing 51-94(?) tms?
2. How would we be transferring pokemon from the future(emerald to pearl)

The reason I think tytus thinks this is becuase of the red-gyra thing. That red-gyra isn't the one from jhoto. Even if it is(which i doubt), platinum was confirmed to have a different storyline. As in platinum could be 20 years after d/p for all we know. Or red-gyra doesn't appear at all.

Guys, when has it ever been officially confirmed that D/P takes place during GSC? Is it just speculation based on the Red Gyarados documentary in the beginning of the game? Please, it wasn't a live broadcast. If I'm watching a documentary on WWII is it happening today? :\

Heh... a more offenive version of Shaymin sound pretty nice with the addition of Serene Grace, Seed Flare, and Air Slash.

Seed Flare now has a massive 80% chance of making the opponents Special Defense fall sharply, that's a 120 BP STAB attack coming off a Pokémon with what will probably be a nice Special Attack stat with an 80% chance of the next Seed Flare hitting two times harder than the last!

Air Slash is another powerful attack Shaymin will have with a large 60% flinching ratio and STAB, coupled up with Seed Flare and Hidden Power [Fire/Ice] for decent type coverage. Another noteable thing about Air Slash is that it enables Shaymin to be able to destroy other Grasses with a much more powerful attack.

This new Shaymin has lots of nice new moves and abilities going for it, I would really like to find out its Base Stats really soon. Anyways, I think the new Shaymin is going to be really nice with these extra additions...

Well, DP can't be to far after GSC, as I highly doubt Oak could live that long. He already looks to be in his 70's at the youngest.

I HIGHLY doubt that two event Pokemon will suddenly be available in game. C'mon, lets face it, no one really wanted watch the crappy cliche Pokemovies. They probably got their event and spent the whole time soft-resetting for IV's. As ridiculous as it sounds, people wlll pay 10 bucks for these events.

I'm looking forward to this battle recorder. The ability to watch good matches by skilled players on your DS is just awesome. Even better if yours gets voted to the top.

I'd like to bring up the discussion of where Shaymin-S is to be placed. Here's a thread over at PokeBeach discussing it (there haven't been any recent posts and a good deal of the posts are bleh, but some are quality).

Here are some of my posts on the topic:
I see them keeping it with the same base stats. Even though this is the first time they're creating an alt form for a base-100er (Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, Manaphy, etc.), I don't see them straying away from that formula. That in my mind keeps it in OU.

To add to that, it no longer has Natural Cure to heal off Rest or to get rid of status. I think although we all know this, we still see this Shaymin as able to heal off quickly, which would definitely make it uber, but it can't. If one runs Air Slash/HP Ground/Seed Flare/Shadow Ball (it gets that iirc) then unless they have a Heal Beller and a Wishpasser, Shaymin is screwed over time, especially if they run Life Orb (which I believe will be the most useful item on it). It's very similar to CBHear IMO. Nothing can really safely switch in, but almost anything faster can scare it away. It will be OU most likely as long as my assumptions are correct.
You know what set I see working decently well (assuming it's 100 basestat for everything):

Timid @ Lefties
252 HP / rest in SpAtk and Spe
- Sub
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash

Pair it with Dugtrio to take out Heatran/Magnezone/Metagross and then rape the entire metagame. With Leech Seed vs. Blissey you're getting over 101 HP per turn, enough so that you can just keep dropping her SpDef and then own with Air Slash flinching without having to worry about not having enough HP for a sub. Celebi switches in? Whoopdeedoo, just drop its SpDef and Air Slash ftw.

You could even run Calm and some SpDef if you're worried that Bliss might have Ice Beam (I'm seeing less and less of those that do nowadays though).
And that was assuming that it had base 100 stats across the board. If it really is focused on SpA and Spe, (say something like 100/80/95/115/100/110), then it could be potentially too overcentralizing for the OU metagame.

So basically, Shaymin-S is a faster, more powerful Togekiss with better offensive typing and a better movepool for its purpose (mainly Seed Flare).

And if you all would rather just have a separate thread for this discussion, let me know and I'll write up a nice one.

Guys, when has it ever been officially confirmed that D/P takes place during GSC? Is it just speculation based on the Red Gyarados documentary in the beginning of the game? Please, it wasn't a live broadcast. If I'm watching a documentary on WWII is it happening today? :\
Well, Red Gyara doesn't hurt the idea, but there's Oak, Jasmine, and a few other things that I can't remember at the moment. And it's already been mentioned, Oak is old as dirt. Don't try to convince me that the guy is immortal.

Edit: Is it reasonable to think that Rotom's forms might be released near Halloween?

Platinum BEFORE Emerald? I was under the impression that Fire Red and Leaf Green's Celio Network Center connecting to Hoenn was adequate proof that Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald take place at the same time as Generation 1. Or does anyone truly believe that the timeframe of Red/Blue/Yellow is not the same as Fire Red/Leaf Green?

Either way, while Oak basing it off Scott's 3 year old Battle Frontier makes sense, I sincerely doubt they will give us those event items in the game. But I wouldn't be too surprised either. The part that tries to justify the "too good to be true" with 59 more Pokes in the Sinnoh Dex makes me want to laugh though - how is a revamped dex "too good to be true"?

We will see in a couple of days though...

When do the laws of reality apply to a video game? Oak doesn't look that old anyway. His face is pretty fresh and wrinkle-free for someone who is supposedly in their seventies. (Besides, according to bulbapedia, Oak is only fifty years old. He's not that ancient as some people would make him out to be.. ;3)

Jasmine can go where she pleases to, when she wants to.

I heard there might be rotom evolutions from a friend, did anyone else here that?

Also, does anyone know were to find some of the new sprites?

I'd like to bring up the discussion of where Shaymin-S is to be placed. Here's a thread over at PokeBeach discussing it (there haven't been any recent posts and a good deal of the posts are bleh, but some are quality). *Snip*
Doesn't make much sense to worry about this until we know Shaymins full movepool and stats.

Sigh, shaymin sky forme probally will be uber if it has an 80% spdef move and according to info, faster and more spatk than the origional, which proballly means lower defense also. We will see though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)