Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 2 (In-Game Discussion)

who cares about the underground? You got a resort now.

Anyways, got to Battle Factory Brain, wiped the floor w/ me. Gotta love how they give you USELESS information like "His Cresselia has PSYCHIC!" or "This Drifblim has Shadow Ball!" (I'm using the translation patch)

My team:
Bronzong (Heatproof) w/ Signal Beam, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Charge Beam
Staraptor w/ Brave Bird, Return, Pursuit, Filler
Salamence w/ DD, Dragon Claw, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang

His team:
Cresselia w/ Psychic, Sunny Day

ok, as usual, the tips they give you is in order, so Cress is up first. she sets up a Sunny Day, and I dismissed her a few turns later with Shadow Ball. With the 2 turns of Psychic she did, she lowered my S.Def TWICE. Next up:

Heatran w/ Iron Head, Stone Edge, Earthquake

So he sends out Heatran, and I saw like "Oh shit.", even though the Bronzong is Heatproof, with the -2 S.Def and Sunny Day up, I won't survive. And apparently, whoever made this Salamence is smoking something when they made him since there is no Earthquake. So I switch to Staraptor, intimidate kicks in as he attacks with... Iron Head?

I used Brave Bird, and was really happy when it winded up to be a CH and took out 50% of Ugly's HP. Only to be taken out by Stone Edge... so Bronzong is now up, and I found out he has EQ, fortunately, the Intimidate from Staraptor helped and I bought him down to 3% or so, while I'm at 24%.

So I thought, let's save the Bronzong for now, he might still be useful later. So I switch to Salamence and expect to get a free turn to set up... right?

WRONG.

He "predicts" me with Stone Edge, the -2 Atk only made it did 50%, but still, I need to knock him out NOW. So I did. What happened next is not what I expected though...

Suicune w/ Surf, Icy Wind

WHAT. THE. HELL. 3 Legends in his "random" team? Are you shitting me? Not to mention, the ONLY legend that can take me down aside from Lati@s or Articuno.

I'll be back to punish him later, as I made a backup save file from before.

How do I record battles with the Battle Recorder? I don't see any option that allows me to do so. I don't have any saved battles but I want to record the ones I do over WiFi.

oh, you can only record certain battles.

Link Battles, me thinks, you are given an option after the battle to record over your old battle, yes or no. You can upload it on wifi if you want.

Frontier Battles brains, same deal.

And I beat him this time, it would seem that it was my shitty luck that he winded up with 3 Legends after all. As he got none this time.

I did however, Dragon Rush haxed over his Electivire (yes, the Garchomp has no fucking Earthquake, again. WTF is wrong with these people), if it didn't hit, I might have gotten Ice Punched and that leaves my Gardevoir hoping a random T-punch don't kill it.

How do I record battles with the Battle Recorder? I don't see any option that allows me to do so. I don't have any saved battles but I want to record the ones I do over WiFi.
When the battle results screen comes up, where it shows who won and who lost, you press A then choose Yes (top option).

It should be noted that in Platinum, the Cowgirl south of Solaceon town (Shelly in the English version) no longer has 5 Bidoofs to EV train HP with. She has a single Ponyta instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)