Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 2 (In-Game Discussion)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
can't wait for Fridge Rotom to use in UU.

Shaymin CANNOT learn Roost, so only the Specs/Scarf version seems variable.

Ice Shard, Stealth Rock still owns it pretty hard tho.
How do we know for certain that fridge Rotom is going to be UU? How do we know it's even usable in link battles? (Well let's hope it can be used)

And uhh Subseed, or maybe Growth.

pokebeach said:
I caught Dialga with a regular Poke Ball.
I made my way back to Spear Pillar again, since I now have the Sinnoh PokeDex. What did I find? A small, blue portal. I walked up to it and hit A, and right away, the screen changes to a battle with Dialga! It's at Level 70.
weeee Dialga is catcheable!! I wonder where is Palkia.....:(

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No, I was under the impression you could not use items in the union room. I'll have to try when I get home.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so it appears Dialga's indeed found in the game. I guess it's safe to assume Palkia can be as well.

New update's from Pokebeach is up!
I thought if I left the room and came back in, Palkia would show up. It did. A pink portal has now appeared at Spear Pillar. Approaching it initiates a battle with Palkia! It's at Level 70 too.

Damnit. Gotta catch Dialga before Palkia? :(

The Union Room basically exists for trading and chatting, so it's no big deal if they revert forms. Wifi and the Fight Club are what matter.

And here we thought it wouldn't make any huge changes either.

BP Scizor, SkyMin being too good, Darkrai has Nasty Plot. SubNP Darkrai amirite

There is always the worst case scenario that the RNG is indeed shit....in that case, there is always the back-up of breeding in D/P and trading over to Platinum for move tutors if ever needed.

EDIT: Kinda embarassing how Palkia and Dialga were caught with Pokeballs within ten minutes lol

Okay, so it appears Dialga's indeed found in the game. I guess it's safe to assume Palkia can be as well.

New update's from Pokebeach is up!
I thought if I left the room and came back in, Palkia would show up. It did. A pink portal has now appeared at Spear Pillar. Approaching it initiates a battle with Palkia! It's at Level 70 too.

Damnit. Gotta catch Dialga before Palkia? :(
Yeah but after capturing Dialga, you don't go straight into a battle with Palkia, you can leave and come back later which is cool.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
That's besides the point. I don't need any more Dialga and I feel like I'd be wasting a SR if I just caught the first one and kept it.

Serebii said:
Just been ambushed by all the members of Team Galactic except Cyrus & Saturn in Stark Mountain

Battling Mars atm she has Lv. 58 Bronzong, Lv. 60 Purugly & Lv. 58 Golbat
Straight after that, Jupiter faces you; She has a Lv. 58 Bronzong, Lv. 58 Golbat & Lv. 60 Skuntank

Pluto and two grunts just went into the mountain
@_@ Does this mean that Galactic is after Heatran?!?! I really hope so! It would be awesome if Heatran got some storyline love!

EDIT:
serebii said:
Pluto tries to take a rock from Stark Mountain but a Croagunk appears and takes it off him. It is owned by Handsome. The grunts ran off as Police showed up to arrest Pluto
For some reason I forgot the item that is needed to get Heatran in D/P.....Rock = that item (maybe)

EDIT #2: Not as big of a news but still nice :)
serebii said:
GYM REMATCH. ROARK IN SURVIVAL AREA

Aerodactyl Level 62
Probopass Level 61
Rampardos Lv. 63
Golem Lv. 61
Tyranitar Lv. 65

Maylene

Hitmontop Lv. 62
Breloom Lv. 62
Medicham Lv. 63
Lucario Lv. 66
Machamp Lv. 64

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
GYM REMATCH? OH GOD I LOVE THIS GAME

I'm gonna level-up my pokés in Diamond right now, so I'll finally be able to get to Pastoria and check if the Elemental Punches are really Move Tutors :D

Wait, are the battle made in Doubles, like in Emerald?

By the way, new Regigigas sprite suck. Why is it in such a strange pose (check serebii.net, people)?

And what happened to the other Regis?

This is supposed to be all the Battle Frontier Pokémon, or so the ROM says anyway (data/battle/b_pl_tower/pl_btdpm.narc, for those interested).

As I was trying to find _direct_ Move Tutor evidence in the ROM, I thought I should try finding the BF movesets instead, and yes, Outrage Salamence (#891) and other oddities (lol Signal Beam Cresselia) are in there.

However, like the LegendaryPokémon guy, I'm not 100% sure either about what I've managed to get, as it's been ages since I've hacked anything the last time :P

*back to the shadows*

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A Platinum orb now exists. When you attach it to Giratina, its Dragon and Ghost-type moves are boosted. Giratina changes into its Origin Forme when it is attached as well.
some else probably said this already. but that fuckin sucks.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi AMF :D

And fuck, Outrage Mence. We're doomed. Did you see anything else with Outrage, like huh Gyarados?

859,"Flygon","Earthquake","Outrage","Crunch","Stone Edge",10,3,157
862,"Flareon","Fire Fang","Giga Impact","Superpower","Bite",34,3,214
889,"Dragonite","Outrage","Giga Impact","Earthquake","Superpower",34,3,220
937,"Articuno","Ice Beam","Air Cutter","AncientPower","Sheer Cold",48,15,195
938,"Zapdos","Thunderbolt","Air Cutter","Heat Wave","Signal Beam",24,15,213
939,"Moltres","Overheat","Air Slash","AncientPower","Ominous Wind",24,15,214
Hmmm. And yay, Flygon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)