Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mud Slap and Iron Head. >.>

The only think Nintendo's ever done for Arcanine was give it extreme speed . . . and then Lucario got it. >.>

At least it's still relatively exclusive. Superpower would've really put Arcanine in the game, though.

Suddenly Sticky Holders get some value with all the new Trickers and Knock Off users around.

Switching one of these into a choiced Trick effectively means the opponent has to switch out or let it get KO'ed.

Gastrodon comes to mind as one of the Sticky Holders that could see more use

Really just would've meant it's way more usable. The mixed Life Orb Arcanine I made a while back would've really benefited from Superpower, easily 2HKOing Bissey and OHKOing Tyranitar with it's current spread.

Extremespeed is really the only thing that makes it worth considering when there's Ape around.

Wow celebi got some nice moves, earth power says watch out heatran, also two physical stabs for a SD passing set? Azelf didn't get earth power or superpower, bleh. And why does gamefreak hate the pokemon it gave the highest BST to minus ubers legends and metagross type stuff (arcanine) =[

Wow celebi got some nice moves, earth power says watch out heatran, also two physical stabs for a SD passing set? Azelf didn't get earth power or superpower, bleh. And why does gamefreak hate the pokemon it gave the highest BST to minus ubers legends and metagross type stuff (arcanine) =[
Now if only Nintendo will give us a SR-able version of Celebi...

Snorlax is cool with

Superpower
Pursuit / Crunch
Meh. Superpower is really only useful for hit and runs and CBLax has enough options...

Wow, all I can say is Nintendo really hates pure fire types. Poor Arcanine got boned
I'm generally under the impression that Gamefreak/Nintendo thinks Tyranitar is too hard to catch to be used and Sunny Day makes Fire types absurdly powerful. My secret wish is that in Gen 5 they'll somehow give Arcanine Drought.

I'm generally under the impression that Gamefreak/Nintendo thinks Tyranitar is too hard to catch to be used and Sunny Day makes Fire types absurdly powerful. My secret wish is that in Gen 5 they'll somehow give Arcanine Drought.
Look at all the stuff that gets Superpower and Signal Beam... I think they're starting to realize TTar tips the metagame in its favor a lot...

Nine would appreciate it. He's fragile enough to not make the game all about weather. Ttar has that 4xfighting weakness to make his weather starting abilities a drawback.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Super Power Theory: Jeez though, Salamence has 135 base Attack, so how did he miss out!? ;.; Nintendo, you could have made mixmence even more awesome . . . oh well, brick break still does wonders so . . .

They also think Steel and Rock is a good type combination, so there you go.

Personally, I'm glad Flareon got Superpower, because now I can fufill my dream of making a moveset for Flareon that can truly encapsule the self-destructive rage he feels from getting ignored EVERY SINGLE GAME.

It'll probably be something like:
-Overheat
-Superpower
-Double Edge
-Curse

FEEL HIS PAIN

@Super Power Theory: Jeez though, Salamence has 135 base Attack, so how did he miss out!? ;.; Nintendo, you could have made mixmence even more awesome . . . oh well, brick break still does wonders so . . .
If he had SuperPower, Dragonite would be utterly outclassed.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
@Sim-- Big Deal, I never liked Flying Barney anyway. It always annoyed me how such a cool pokemon like dragonair turned out so . . . wrong . . .

but this is the competitive thread so I'll shut up about that.

Anyway, Dragonite doesn't have enough bulk or speed (speed better really) to truly take advantage of Super Power. When you have to set up Substitute or DD in order to really be threatening, you shouldn't be using moves that lower your offensive stats.

MixMence has the speed to go on the offensive without necessarily needing to set up, and the special attack to abuse Super Power without remorse. Salamence also has a greater ability to draw out Blissey than Dragonite does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)