Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

How is Scarf Primeape a 100% Darkrai counter, even a resisted Dark Pulse leaves it hurting, and Focus Blast/Thunder is a OHKO I believe.

How is Scarf Primeape a 100% Darkrai counter, even a resisted Dark Pulse leaves it hurting, and Focus Blast/Thunder is a OHKO I believe.
thunder does 75% max on a standard 48 hp scarfape, even with life orb it only manages 97% max. This means a possible KO with SR down, but Primeape can afford to run 104hp/252 atk/154 speed instead which still lets it outspeed Mewtwo, and guarantees that you survive LO thunder from Darkrai even with SR damage.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Scarf Primeape is a shaky counter at best. You can only switch in once-then Darkrai beats you next time you come in. Still, barely anything counters Darkrai these days so Primeape gets some props.

so uh, outside of the obscure scarf primape, anything for nasty plot darkrai?

and
DNite @ Yache
Adamant
236 Atk, 176 Speed, 96 SPDef
-DDance
-Outrage
-EQuake
-Roost

Trash Set?

There's no true counter to Dark Pulse/Dark Void/Nasty Plot/Focus Blast, but it can be played around. For example, my initial switch-in is Kyogre. If it uses Nasty Plot, I Surf, which OHKOs while he can't OHKO back. If it Dark Voids, I take the sleep and go to Scarf Dialga for the Dark/Electric resistance, who can OHKO with Draco Meteor.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
so uh, outside of the obscure scarf primape, anything for nasty plot darkrai?
You have Kyogre and Scizor. There's Ho-oh but it's 4x weak to Stealth Rock so in the end it's not much of a counter...either way Darkrai has no true counters. Get something else to absorb the sleep though.

Aside from that it's just scarfed stuff for revenge killing, like Palkia and possibly Dialga.

I've seen a player utilize Scarfed Heracross with Sleep Talk to a good degree to take Darkrai.
But technically it wouldn't be an effective counter since it like primeape can only take a few hits. But then again Megahorn/Close Combat or in other words 2/3 chance to hit with 360 base attack is great.

The difference being 80 HP / 95 SpD, compared to 65 HP / 70 SpD, as well as a Fighting resistance. Thunder isn't a great option on Darkrai now that it has Nasty Plot, so most Darkrai won't be hitting Heracross neutral.

Then heracross would make an effective counter. Would HP flying/fire/ice Darkrai's become more viable? HP flying only for heracross/breloom.

But in ubers the coverage that psychic offers is nothing special.
Would HP fire hit Metagross more than Dark Pulse? If so, that's be something worth considering.

But in ubers the coverage that psychic offers is nothing special.
Would HP fire hit Metagross more than Dark Pulse? If so, that's be something worth considering.

hp fire does hit metagross harder, but its a bit unreliable because of kyogre halving its power with drizzle. I don't see why you'd bother though, nasty plot dark pulse is good enough. you'd lose a ridiculous amount of coverage if you used hp fire.

was wondering how u guyz think she would work on a sunny day team

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP/ 176 Def/ 80 Spe
Impish Nature
-Rest
-Protect
-Toxic
-Leaf Blade

Not sure if leaf guard works the same as hydration but if it does(which i think is does) this could work.

Not sure if leaf guard works the same as hydration but if it does(which i think is does) this could work.
leaf guard, unlike hydration, does not heal status inflicted by the user. I can't see that set being effective, because basically everything in ubers can beat it.

Is it known 100% that rotom formes dont work on wifi? I know that the sprites will revert back to normal, but is it confirmed that the base stats revert too? Since all rotom formes have the same typing all one would have to look at is the stats. If not can somone test this with me please.

Is it known 100% that rotom formes dont work on wifi? I know that the sprites will revert back to normal, but is it confirmed that the base stats revert too? Since all rotom formes have the same typing all one would have to look at is the stats. If not can somone test this with me please.
The pokemon reverts to the normal form (stats and everything) and therefore the sprite of the normal form shows up.

There have been plenty of tests about this.

EDIT:For the union room they revert when you choose to go into the union room. If you choose not to save so that you never went in the union room, and check you will see that the pokemon has reverted to regular form.

EDIT: Same goes for Wi-fi. As soon as you choose to go into wifi, even if you decide not to save so that you don't enter wi-fi, the pokemon reverts to regular form.

I find it funny how someone asks about why Skymin isn't uber and ask for counters, and right afterwards he puts he likes to keep Dragonite "cus its a solid counter to Skymin". Odd much?
Anwyay, I'm enjoying this version so much more then previous DP. Might be the novelty. That said, Heatran is becoming a bit extremely overused.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
...And predictable. Seriously, every fucking time I sent out Scizor and know they have a Heatran on the team, I use Superpower and kill it on the switch-in. Did people forget he got that move too?

And Trick leads are fantastic. Aerodactyl will never set up rocks on me again :D

And Trick leads are fantastic. Aerodactyl will never set up rocks on me again :D
Until people become smart enough to Taunt you first.

Skymin should at least be tested for Ubers, as even it's "counters" are messed up by Serene Grace. I think of it as Yanmega without having to Protect to set up, and not needing Hidden Power to get a ground move... plus serene grace, but I mean both can totally mess up an unprepared team.

Until people become smart enough to Taunt you first.

Skymin should at least be tested for Ubers, as even it's "counters" are messed up by Serene Grace. I think of it as Yanmega without having to Protect to set up, and not needing Hidden Power to get a ground move... plus serene grace, but I mean both can totally mess up an unprepared team.
How? Scarf makes you faster....(well if you are using anything faster than metagross that is), so they cant taunt you D:

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been seeing quite a few Trick Bronzongs, too. And Trick doesn't prevent anyone from setting up Stealth Rocks, it just forces them to switch afterwards.

...And predictable. Seriously, every fucking time I sent out Scizor and know they have a Heatran on the team, I use Superpower and kill it on the switch-in. Did people forget he got that move too?
Which is why I personally never send out my Heatran first. I also found that Skymin likes to switch in on expected Earth Powers which is why I will sometimes use Hidden Power [Ice] instead.

Is it me or has Salamence dropped in usage? I haven't seen many on shoddy recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)