Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread.

Do you think there will be a sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 487 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to be able to catch both Dialga AND Palkia in Platinum? If would make sense, seeing as we could catch Kyogre AND Groudon in Emerald. I think the methods of catching them will have to do with the Torn World, because that probably has something to do with you(the character) not catching Palkia and Dialga before the catastrophe at Mt. Coronet. Maybe they tore open this new world? I think something along those lines should be expected.

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I don't feel like reading through 64 pages, so sorry.

EDIT: You got to it first!

Posts like "I don't want to read through[xx] amount of pages." Are stupid.

There is a search thread button on the top right corner you know.

Any way no it hasn't been confirmed that both Dialga/Palkia appear in-game but it is assumed because of past gens.

Appear? Or can be captured?

Although it hasn't been confirmed whether or not we can capture them, the oldest picture we have for Pokemon Platinum very clearly shows that both Dialga and Palkia appear in it.
Sorry for using the wrong word. But yes I meant being captured hadn't been confirmed. I'd have to be living under a rock to not have seen that picture. Plus if you had seen my post in the other page you would have seen I had posted about the scene where giratina and the character go to the torn world. In that scene is where they both appear as well.

Has anybody wondered about the remaining Poketch applications? Allegedly they are only available through events, but if Diamond and Pearl are discontinued in events, they won't be able to obtain them legitimately. This goes along the same lines as the 3 key items / hidden legendary pokemon question; I'm a bit of a completionist, and I just don't want to go insane.

Posts like "I don't want to read through[xx] amount of pages." Are stupid.

There is a search thread button on the top right corner you know.

Any way no it hasn't been confirmed that both Dialga/Palkia appear in-game but it is assumed because of past gens.
Well I guess the search thread button is perfect... I clearly searched Palkia and Dialga and nothing(of relevance, just what I had posted) came up, so I decided to directly ask. Shoot me. Posts that mini-mod, are stupid as well.

Well I guess the search thread button is perfect... I clearly searched Palkia and Dialga and nothing(of relevance, just what I had posted) came up, so I decided to directly ask. Shoot me. Posts that mini-mod, are stupid as well.
Since when was asking those kind of questions against the rules? How is it mini-modding?

If you had searched it why didn't you include that you had searched it and nothing had come up? It would prevent people from thinking you are one of those new users who don't know a clue about the forums.

Stupid questions irritate me so I try to correct them. The people who ask stupid questions don't bother me, THE stupid questions do. I make stupid questions too.

I wasn't trying to insult you but I guess you did get mad and took it personal as it wasn't intended. I would say sorry but you made a personal attack on me so I will refrain from apologizing at this moment.

I think I know why platinum and DP wont be compatible on wifi.

We will finally be able to change our trainer sprites, and maybe, like in PBR, an opening message. I see no reason why they wouldn't do this and I'm surprised it wasn't already in diamond.

Then again... Trainer sprites are already in the game

fuck

nevermind

here's the part on Pokemon Sunday that shows part of the Dex.

As you can see Giratina is #210 also #208 is Yukimenoko aka Froslass so i can we can assume #207 is either Snorunt or Glalie depending what #209 is.

Yeah, I can't read Japanese, but Glalie is definitely #207. It won't be placed after Froslass.

It's pretty obvious who #209 is....the Pokemon that is getting a lot of attention amongst Pokemon Platimum discussions.

Wait, wait. Just to confirm, Platinum won't be compatible with Diamond or Pearl? Does that mean I can't trade from my Diamond to Platinum?

If so, then I might not even get Platinum...

Wait, wait. Just to confirm, Platinum won't be compatible with Diamond or Pearl? Does that mean I can't trade from my Diamond to Platinum?

If so, then I might not even get Platinum...
No, it must be. You need movie Regigigas to get the other three Regis. That 'Gigas is only available to DP. Also, a battle between Giratina and Dialga was shown, the Dialga was traded from Diamond. It's not the trading but the battling that is being questioned.

Well, that sucks, but I'm relieved. But, I can see how battling might be incompatible, since Platinum will have a lot of new WiFi battling features.

Back sprites are animated! This should not be exciting!
I mentioned nothing of the back sprites. I posted that link to show that Dialga seems to be obtainable before fighting Giratina.

The funny thing is that back sprite animations aren't even in the video I mentioned.

He may not have been necessarily responding to you, in fact it seems he wasn't.

I can't wait for these sprites and backsprites to show up. That's the thing I'm most excited about right now (except knowing the tutor moves if there are any).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Why can't we have those kind of videos in the original games >:|

Also, now I'm 99,6% sure we'll have a wild double battle against Dialga and Palkia.

Then how would you catch them? Wait... That might be a good idea, making you only catch one, I suppose...
I'm not sure if you know but just incase you dont...

When with wild double battles (riley, etc) you have to defeat one pokemon and then you can catch the other. Other than that a message will come up with something along the lines of , " There are too much targets maybe when there are less."

Personally I don't think that dialga and palkia will be in a double battle. For one they aren't so supposed to be best of friends in the first place. They wouldn't work together to fight one person, which sounds stupid. But then again games do have stupid stuff. Second, most people who play pokemon are 8 year olds. Nintendo is aware of how stupid people are. People are losing to Palkia and Dialga right now. (yes I know how stupid it is), Two mass legendaries would be a disaster for newbs. Unless they make the pokemon Level 30-40 instead of 47 then it might make the double battle with palkia/dialga easier.

I hope that they don't make Dialga/Palkia in a double battle. But it would make it an excuse for people to buy Diamond/Pearl. Since most people are too stupid enough to read the little manuals and don't know how to restart the game.

Well, they already did the whole "two legendaries are fighting and another one has to stop them" thing in Emerald. So I doubt they are fighting each other.
Maybe Cyrus calls them both into our world, and the combined effect of them tearing space and time opens up the Torn World, and Giratina pops out. Then Giratina goes off somewhere else, and we need to placate both Dialga and Palkia, similarly to how we had to in DP, but this time both together. And maybe they fight the trainer and each other as well, making it harder to capture either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)