Pokemon Ranking - LOTS of Data

Hey guys, check this out.

So when you go to http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/ and view an ended season scroll down to the bottom and you'll see some of the top mons in any of the battle formats.

Exhibit A: Top Triples 'mons for the second season.

BUT WAIT, there's more...

Exhibit B: You can look up each 'mon and see what it was paired with and the most common moves, abilities, etc... Looks like Blissey's top 5 partners in Triples for the second season was my team.

If you are also signed in you'll also be able to go to "When you won" and "When you lost" to see what moves helped you win, what moves defeated you, etc.

Yeah I saw this earlier this morning, though it's also good to note that not all of the moves listed are practical which should be obvious to most at first glance. Examples of this include Togekiss on Doubles with Fire Blast at 29.5% vs Flamethrower at 27.0%. The same pretty much goes for Salamence in Special Doubles with Fire Blast. And looking at Charizard with Air Slash in Doubles at 46.8% makes me think that the Charizard was brought in from the Triples format to play Doubles. It's resourceful to the highest extent of viewing most commonly use moves for a given Pokemon in each battle mode (which I think most players already know without this) but the percentiles should be by no means influential to selecting moves for that species.

I like the fact they listed the moves each Pokemon was beaten by. Ice beam leads the percentage on Garchomp, 16%.

I think the best thing about Season 2 statistics were the Lucky Egg / Macho Brace / Absolite Mawiles in Triples.
Odd, I don't see any of these on my screen for Mawile.

I like the fact they listed the moves each Pokemon was beaten by. Ice beam leads the percentage on Garchomp, 16%.
3.1% done in by Rock Slide. Now how much of that is from Terrakion (:

It's ridiculous how garchomp is like op 5 on every single category.
I'd go as far as to say garchomp is overall the best pokemon in the game (with exclusions of mons such as the obvious "ubers"). The thing hits hard, hits fast, and is bulky enough to take hits from mny top threats.

Just glanced at the current top 12 for doubles. How is Hitmontop not there? Very odd, imo.
Hitmontop really takes its shine in Triples. Fake Out/Wide Guard and Intimidate are utilized across the field when centered and Eject Button allows for repositioning against the opposing leads. In Doubles you have two Pokemon out instead of three so your forces are cut down to half when the opponent deliberately ignores Hitmontop to target only Hitmontop's partner since spread moves probably won't be used anyways in the presence of Hitmontop. It's also good to note than in Flat Doubles you're only bringing in 4 so the costs overweigh the gains.

I'd go as far as to say garchomp is overall the best pokemon in the game (with exclusions of mons such as the obvious "ubers"). The thing hits hard, hits fast, and is bulky enough to take hits from mny top threats.
Vote Choice Scarf Garchomp for Triples, definitely!

Last edited:
Hey, does anyone know if i's possible to check the stats of the alternate Formes of certain Pokemon like the therians or the Rotom Apliances not named Rotom Wash? Can't find any options to do so :P (well, unless the're on the top 12 of usage)

I'm with you on Chomper's being OP. I seriously hope that the reason GF has created this data infrastructure is to better monitor competitive game balance. Quite frankly such a powerful mon is ridiculous to levels not seen since Mewtwo in RGB. There needs to be a retcon of Chompy's stats IMO. A serious reduction in either bulk or speed. This, or a serious consideration of more prevalent and stronger Ice-type moves. Almost NOTHING 1HKOs Mega-Chompy without Ice-STAB that is also faster than it.

It is also inane that the mechanics of Mega-Evolving favors Chompy such that for one turn, usually the first turn, it has both its very good speed AND its INCREDIBLE Attack and Bulk.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm with you on Chomper's being OP. I seriously hope that the reason GF has created this data infrastructure is to better monitor competitive game balance. Quite frankly such a powerful mon is ridiculous to levels not seen since Mewtwo in RGB. There needs to be a retcon of Chompy's stats IMO. A serious reduction in either bulk or speed. Almost NOTHING 1HKOs Mega-Chompy without Ice-STAB that is also faster than it.
The thing with Garchomp isn't that it's stats are too overpowered, it's that they're distributed almost perfectly. In Garchomp, Game Freak have managed to balance out 600 BST in a way that gives a nice attacking stat, great bulk and a fantastic speed tier to one Pokémon, by itself (something that they haven't done before or since, and that was most likely done by accident in the first place). Tied with a great defensive typing and some high-powered STABs, bish bash bosh, you have what is almost the perfect Pokémon. It's nothing like Mewtwo, which was created with ridiculous stats and an imbalanced typing (at the time) because it was built for overpoweredness, something that's reflected in it's Megas. Garchomp, however, is more of a case of all the pieces of the jigsaw falling into place. It's not overpowered. It's just very, very good.

Hey, does anyone know if i's possible to check the stats of the alternate Formes of certain Pokemon like the therians or the Rotom Apliances not named Rotom Wash? Can't find any options to do so :P (well, unless the're on the top 12 of usage)
You can select different forms by clicking on the arrows next to the teammates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)