Pokemon rankings (Wobbuffet is #503)

Hahahaha! Finally, a set that cannot fail! Can. Not. Fail.

Arceus @ Steel Plate
Impish
252 HP/4 ATK/252 DEF
- Aerial Ace
- Hail
- Recover

Fuhohoho. Caterpie can't 4HKO with max attack/choice band, all crits Bug Bite. Simply Aerial Ace, Hail to remove Focus Bands from the equation, and Recover if neccessary. It's foolproof.

man that beats Weedle too!

Are there any sets for Darkrai to beat Primeape?
I know that Ape is often brought to Ubers to use as a Darkrai counter but those Darkrai are set up to deal with other Ubers.

Is there any way that, if well crafted, Darkrai could dominate its angry countering monkeypig?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hahahaha! Finally, a set that cannot fail! Can. Not. Fail.

Arceus @ Steel Plate
Impish
252 HP/4 ATK/252 DEF
- Aerial Ace
- Hail
- Recover

Fuhohoho. Caterpie can't 4HKO with max attack/choice band, all crits Bug Bite. Simply Aerial Ace, Hail to remove Focus Bands from the equation, and Recover if neccessary. It's foolproof.
Caterpie @ King's Rock
-String Shot
-Tackle
-Bug Bite

Turn 1 - String Shot.
Turn 2-12 - Bug Bite Critical Flinch.

Arceus needs Substitute as well.

@Vratix: But the fact is that you didn't have Extremespeed on your Arceus.

Arceus has several sets that will 100% dominate Caterpie, but not the one mentioned.

252/252 HP/Def with Hail or Sandstorm / Sub / Recover / AA will beat Caterpie
as will Sub / Gravity / Recover / Toxic

Is Perish Song allowed in this? If so, can't Arceus just use an uber-defensive setup to dominate pretty much everything?

I've been trying to see if Arceus can defeat Mewtwo with this set:

Adamant Arceus @Spooky Plate
4-252-0-0-252-0
Shadow Force
Extreme Speed

EVs are intended to maximise your attack and also Special Defense (Is there anything worse than Shadow Ball that Mewtwo can do to Ghost Arceus?) and then the last few are stuck in HP.

As you can see it's not finished but Shadow Force will do 90.9% - 107.2% to a Bold Mewtwo with 252 HP/Def while ExtremeSpeed hits it for 16.8% - 20%. The problem is stopping Mewtwo from using something like Barrier to up its defence first. Dunno if any of you guys can make this work somehow...

Edit: Just seen Punishment and had a thought, perhaps this set could force Mewtwo to stat-up and then smash it hard. Still trying to make it work, I don't think this would help if Mewtwo used Reflect though...

Re-Edit: May have to scrap this, just realised I completely understimated Protect/Detect's ability to foil Shadow Force...

Sorry for the double post but I just thought of this:

Modest/Adamant Arceus @Spooky Plate
4-252-0-252-0-0
Judgment
Extreme Speed
Punishment
Recover

The idea is to pound Mewtwo with Ghost Judgment/Extreme Speed, forcing it to Amnesia if it wants to stay alive. If it doesn't boost its stats I'm pretty sure it'll go down pretty quickly to the above combo and if it does it'll get a nasty Punishment in return. Any way I've overlooked that Mewtwo can beat this?

Edit: Recover looks like the best bet in slot 4 to heal off the relatively pathetic Shadow Balls this Mewtwo may somehow throw at Arceus, if it can afford to attack that is.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Remember that in gen 4 Arceus has the 100 EV Cap. It would have to be 100/100/100/100/100/10 instead.
EDIT: This one is beaten by:

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Specially Defensive
-Toxic
-Recover

Because Judgement never 2HKOs.

Ah yeah, well I guess if it fails for that reason at least it can work for Gen V. I'm still thinking somebody's gonna point out something I've missed though :P

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Remember that in gen 4 Arceus has the 100 EV Cap. It would have to be 100/100/100/100/100/10 instead.
EDIT: This one is beaten by:

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Specially Defensive
-Toxic
-Recover

Because Judgement never 2HKOs.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean when you say "100 EV Cap". Does that mean that you can only give arceus 100 EV's (for all of it's stats)?? I've never trained an arceus (never really got into ubers), so I'm honestly not sure.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Perish Song won't work because it'll just cause a tie.

And yes, you can only give Arceus 100 EVs in its stats (up to 510 total) because you only get it legally at level 100 and you can't EV train a level 100 Pokemon in 4th gen. No the Box Trick does not work because you only gain EVs if you gain exp and level 100 Pokemon don't gain exp.

Athenodoros

Ah yeah, well I guess if it fails for that reason at least it can work for Gen V. I'm still thinking somebody's gonna point out something I've missed though :P
Even without the restriction, it is beaten by the same Mewtwo with Protect.

Caterpie @ Focus Band
-Bug Bite

Hang on with Focus Band every single time Deoxys attacks.

If Deoxys opens with Knock Off it can't beat this one 100%:

Caterpie @ BrightPowder
-Bug Bite

Knock Off misses and Caterpie 2HKOs with Bug Bite.
Lol, that is hilarious.

Why not run Tanga Berry on Deoxys? Tanga Berry, physically defensive spread, Knock Off, Aerial Ace, Extremespeed.

Fine then, be that way. Stinkin' King's Rock.

Arceus @ Steel Plate
Impish
252 HP/4 ATK/252 DEF
- Aerial Ace
- Hail
- Recover
- Extremespeed

I hope you insane people are satisfied.

Knock Off, and if it misses then Aerial Ace.
The thing is that Caterpie can survive an aerial ace while 2HKOing with Bug Bite even with tanga (as long as one of the 2 bug bites scores critical hit).

I.e. Adamant 252 Attack 252 Def Caterpie holding Bright Powder VS 252 HP 4 Attack 252 Def Deoxys-A.

Turn 1: Knock Off Misses. Bug Bite #1 Tanga activates.
Turn 2: Aerial Ace, Caterpie survives. Bug Bite #2. As long as one of the 2 bug bites gets critical hit, then, it's not 100% win for Deoxys-A.

EDIT: Also, I somewhat doubt that Primeape can dominate Darkrai since Darkrai has access to Psychic and Sucker Punch. Most likely neither dominates over each other.

Just a quick one that I didn't put much thought into (probably correct but didn't think through everything):

Raikou dominates Gyarados with:

Bold @ Choice Scarf
252 HP 252 Def
- Thunderbolt

+1 (from Choice Band or DD) Gyarados Earthquake does 92.7% max to Raikou.

Thunderbolt always 2HKOs regardless of berry, etc.

You missed EQ crit hax lol.

I think if we're going to include critical hits and misses and everything, there's no point in this thread.

Athenodoros

We've differentiated between 100% domination and 50% domination. What Chinese Dood is talking about is a set that will beat any Gyarados a majority of the time. And I think it does. The ones above were just because we had not really had any 100% domination in a while.

EDIT:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Careful, 252 HP|252 SpDef
-Torment
-Toxic
-Protect
-Earthquake

Beats that Raikou just over 50% of the time, I think. I'll edit in with an exact number.

EDIT2:

Assume Thunderbolt hits the first turn.
Turn One: Thunderbolt, Torment. Gyara is at 25-82 HP, Raikou is at full health, but there is a 6.25% chance of a crit and a chance of ~5% that Gyara dies otherwise, so there is ~11% chance of Gyara dead.
Turn Two: Struggle, Toxic. There is a 17% chance Gyara is KO'd, and Gyara is at 25-83 HP, Raikou is at 69% (25% Struggle recoil, 6% Toxic)
Turn Three: Thunderbolt, Protect. Gyara is at 49-107 HP, Raikou is at 57%
Turn Four: Struggle, Earthquake. Gyara survives easily, Raikou loses 25% (Struggle) + 18% (Toxic) + 40% min (EQ) => Raikou KO'd.

This gives a 0.95*(0.11+0.17) chance of Gyara losing, because of the chance Thunderbolt misses Turn One, and this equals 27% chance. If Struggle crits one Turn Two, there is a roughly 1/2 chance of Gyara dying, so 0.0625*1/2*0.95 can be added, bringing the total to 30%. Also, if Thunderbolt paralyses, it makes no difference unless Gyara is fully paralysed, which adds a further (1-0.75^4)*0.1*0.95, bringing it finally to 37%.

Therefore, it does not dominate with that set.

I went to take a shower just now... just thought of something, lol.

Gyarados @ Wacan Careful 252/252 with Torment / Protect / EQ.... beats that Raikou up easily and badly.

So, I guess, Raikou should try to go for the offensive route:
Rash Raikou @ Expert Belt
100 Attack 68 Def 252 Special Attack 88 Speed
Thunder / Extremespeed

- Speed to outspeed Jolly Gyarados
- 68 Def lives through Adamant (choice scarf) Gyarados EQ with at least 1 HP.
- Thunder followed by -1 Extremespeed does like min 97% (max 116%-ish) to KO Careful 252/252 Gyarados, too lazy to do calcs now but most definitely >50% KOing Gyarados even after factoring the 70% accurate Thunder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)