1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Selection Glitch

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by JthemanJ, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JthemanJ

JthemanJ

First of all, I'm new here and loving it so thanks to everyone.

So I was in a random battle and my opponent sent out a psychic pokemon. I had only one logical choice, the dark pokemon Zorua. On my list of pokemon below the screen he was the farthest left pokemon, so I switched him in. Wingull came out ?!?!?!

I was very confused by this. I did have a Wingull in my team (water/flying) but he was on the farthest right hand side of my list of pokemon, the list that is below that battle screen that you can hover over to see the health, stats, type and moves of each pokemon that you *don't* have in the field yet.

It would appear I could still have "sent out" Wingull as I could still hover over his information and he still read down there, whereas Zorua was on the left side of my list and when I hovered over him his stats *would not* show, the way you'd expect if the pokemon was actually in play.

I didn't have time to see what would happen if I tried to "send Wingull out" because my opponent forfeited, nonethless this is the first time I've experienced a real bug of any sort like this and I felt it was worth mentioning.

So, http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle7398026

Not sure if that helps but there's the replay.
  2. Great Sage

Great Sage

Zorua's ability is Illusion, which means it takes on the appearance of the last Pokemon in your party until it is damaged by an attack.
  3. Birkal

Birkal woops, butter fingers :>
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Also, welcome to Smogon! Feel free to message me if you have any questions on how the forums work and where you can get plugged into the community. We are glad that you're enjoying the simulator =)
  4. Great Sage

Great Sage

Pipe down, Birkal.
  5. Birkal

Birkal woops, butter fingers :>
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)