1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Showdown app for Android and iOS?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by ske7ch6336, Sep 30, 2012.

1. BattleStar

BattleStar

Better support for Pokemon Showdown on IPads would be awesome. Is there anything iPad users can do to run PS better?
  2. MilkyWay

MilkyWay

Pokemon Showdown for the iPad?

I've tried pokemon showdown on my iPad Mini and it works alright, it's just really slow and laggy. Is there anything I can do or download to make quicker and more efficient?
  3. jrp

jrp Waves grow frigid as darkness freezes light
    is a Tiering Contributor

at the moment, PS is mainly optimized for computers. Zarel said that he'd eventually get around to adding mobile support.
  4. andicotter

andicotter

Can this be found on the playstore?
  5. Joim

Joim Navigate the pitfalls, cross the great divide!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Keep in mind that a new client should be developed just for this, so it won't be done soon.
  6. InfernusIgnitus

InfernusIgnitus

I'd love it if they made an app for showdown on iPad, itd make playing so much easier. I've been playing via iPad mainly for a while now and it gets frustrating when i'm unable to copy my custom team's text file. other than that it works completely fine on my ipad.
  7. Scorpiopt

Scorpiopt

Po had an android app but its almost useless now
  8. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

I can "technically" run Pokemon Showdown on my phone, but it never fully loads. It says connecting to port 80 and then never advances past that step. I have a fairly low-end phone, is that the reason why it's not working, or does PS just not work well on a phone?
  9. Scorpiopt

Scorpiopt

you need a good phone with flash support at least 1ghz processor

My HTC wildfire doesnt even load but on my 1.2ghz tablet it works but its a bit slow
  10. MilkyWay

MilkyWay

It technically works the the iPad Mini but its ridiculously laggy. I can't manage to create my own team and sometimes it lags so much that the tab freezes. Is there any way around this?
  11. Eric x3 xD

Eric x3 xD

I was running Pokemon Showdown on FireFox on my Samsung Galaxy II S TAB2. It worked well, but lagged on battle.
  12. Speedobear

Speedobear

Not if you have.... AppSync! -ba dum tss-
  13. jrp

jrp Waves grow frigid as darkness freezes light
    is a Tiering Contributor

Pokemon Showdown won't have a native app for ios due to the fact that it would never get past apple's approval. it could feasibly have an android port because of the fact that you can install packages from outside of Google Play though.
  14. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

maybe it's just a "my internet is weird at times and randomly gets better/worse", but turning the lobby chat off /lobbychat off worked wonders for me! :) I like PS!

Also, and iPod app would be wonderful but I'm fine on a laptop.
  15. bobhail9

bobhail9

plz make app for andriod
  16. brumleyfalice

brumleyfalice

Gingerbread can't run firefox that well. It always hangs. The best way is to get Ice cream sandwich.

Hope we can have this for this year.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
  17. Unknown_so

Unknown_so

Hey, i tried playing PS on my PC Firefox and Chrome, but it doesn't let me log in, nor does it work, can someone help?
    P.S.: I'm on WindowsXP, don't know if that will help
  18. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

Try here.
  19. Kebabier

Kebabier

Yes me, but I use PS mainly on my computer.
  20. Revolution1234

Revolution1234

Well all i have to say is if u want to play it on your pdone example android then try firefox.for me its pretty good
  21. UCN

UCN

Check this, however, I think its still under development.
  22. Will Smish

Will Smish

^That's quite useful.

Also, this is a pretty old thread I must say, but you people should stop complaining that something for free isn't available on every gizmo and gadget you have. It's not like the devs work for you. You should learn some coding and try to help out instead of bugging the devs to do stuff for you. If you can't do it, don't complain.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)