Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching my friend do a battle yesterday and he asked me to report it since he doesn't have a smogon. If it matters it was a rated random battle and I believe he was on the google chrome app/add on/whatever. First all in game sound stopped, despite both the computer volume and game volume being up. After that the game screen turned black for a second and his view of the battle flipped. Like he was seeing from the other players perspective. The pokes that his opponent didn't yet use were still hidden and e saw the enemies moves, not his own. On top of that, he could only select from his opponents revealed pokes when one of his own fainted and it gave him one of his own pokes at random. After a few minutes he decided to disconnect and reconnect and it was fixed. Easily the oddest glitch I've seen in any game

Turn 13
The foe's Linsanity used Belly Drum!
The foe's Linsanity lost 50% of its health!
The foe's Linsanity cut its own HP and maximized its Attack!
The foe's Linsanity ate its Sitrus Berry!
The foe's Linsanity restored HP using its Sitrus Berry!
Amoonguss used Foul Play!
The foe's Linsanity lost 25% of its health!
Amoonguss restored HP using its Leftovers!

Foul Play is supposed to use the opponent's stat boosts and attack stat to do damage. Assuming this was the standard spread, I find it hard to believe that a 95 power move coming off Linoone's 956 attack at plus four only did 25% damage to its 307/158 defenses since it since it then preceded to KO my 432/176 Amoongus from 72% with Extremespeed.

Edit: Alright, fair enough. It's an uncommon move and there are probably more important things to worry about. It was just bothering me because I lost a match because of it.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Foul Play is currently unimplemented (well technically its a 95 base power attack without any modifiers) at this time.

I don't know if this count as a bug or some LUCKY HAX on my end. But I went for thunder (no weather was set) hit 3 times and para'd my opponents Keldeo.

probably just got lucky with the RNG has that has happened to me and for me several battles with 70% moves

Opponent's Heatran used protect, I used Fire Blast, he still got the Flash Fire boost. According to the smogon page on Flash Fire, you only get the boost if you get hit by the move.

Some alternate Formes of Pokémon actually have different cries from their normal Formes. These are: Skymin, all Therian Kami, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.

1st, double clicking the find battle can put you into 2 battles at once, and then forfeiting either of them will present the message "you cannot forfeit this battle" or something similar in the chat in the other game.

2nd, was fighting random against someone and all 6 of their pokemon where revealed (One of them was a Zoroark if that could be some issue) Killed all of them (including zoroark) with my choiced Quilava and his last pokemon SHOULD have been his half dead turtwig lead, and instead he pulls out my choiced Quilava and we both lock into fire moves and flash fire each other for like 5 turns before he quits.

When Leafstorm is used, instead of special attack lowering, it raises -_-
You have to give more details than this. Was it a Snivy, Servine, or a Serperior? If so, their ability Contrary makes Leaf Storm raise Special Attack by 2 instead of lower it by 2.

Also, there have been a few reports of people being lucky in battles... that is not a bug. We all have a lot of luck sometimes.

When Illusion is in effect, it doesn't take into account resistances... I think.

I hit a Zoroark with Sucker Punch earlier and it took normal damage from it. It may be because it was disguised as a Victini, which is weak to the move.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, when something uses Roar, it is supposed to display "<Pokemon> was dragged out!" but it didn't show that message when I was battling.

There are also times when the simulator freezes completely after 120 turns, and the button that gets a response when clicked is the forfeit button.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Sleep clause is broken:

Turn 1
Melee Mewtwo called Kyogre back!
Melee Mewtwo sent out Dialga!
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
The foe's Zekrom used Bolt Strike!
It's not very effective... Dialga lost 28% of its health!
Dialga was paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Dialga restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 2
Boris called Zekrom back!
Boris sent out Ferrothorn!
Dialga used Rest!
Dialga fell asleep!
Dialga slept and became healthy!
Turn 3
Xiba left.
Melee Mewtwo called Dialga back!
Melee Mewtwo sent out Forretress!
The foe's Ferrothorn used Leech Seed!
Forretress was seeded!
Forretress's health is sapped by Leech Seed!
Turn 4
Boris called Ferrothorn back!
Boris sent out Terrakion!
Forretress used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of the foe's team!
Forretress restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 5
The foe's Terrakion used Close Combat!
Forretress lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Terrakion's Defense fell!
The foe's Terrakion's Special Defense fell!
Forretress used Toxic!
The attack of Forretress missed!
Forretress restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 6
Melee Mewtwo called Forretress back!
Melee Mewtwo sent out Giratina-Origin!
The foe's Terrakion used Close Combat!
It had no effect!
Turn 7
Boris called Terrakion back!
Boris sent out Lugia!
Giratina-Origin used Dragon Tail!
The foe's Lugia lost 11% of its health!
The foe's Darkrai is hurt by the spikes!
Turn 8
Melee Mewtwo called Giratina-Origin back!
Melee Mewtwo sent out Arceus-Steel!
The foe's Darkrai used Dark Void!
The attack of the foe's Darkrai missed!
Turn 9
The foe's Darkrai used Dark Void!
Arceus-Steel fell asleep!
Arceus-Steel is fast asleep.
Arceus-Steel is tormented!
Turn 10
Melee Mewtwo: sleep clause
Melee Mewtwo: LOL WHAT?
Boris: I can put one to sleep, I can't have two at a time. Read what sleep clause is on smogon.com
Melee Mewtwo: Exactly
Melee Mewtwo: Dialga is asleep
Sleep Clause only applies to Sleep caused by the opponent. Sleep caused by Rest is exempt.

I've noticed, on and off, sometimes I'll enter my name and it won't do anything. No matter how I try (starting battle, joining chat, or just clicking "Choose Name" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)