1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty D

Marty D Bug Catcher
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

That's not a bug as far as I know. This is how Outrage works:

"Deals damage to one adjacent foe at random. The user spends two or three turns locked into this move and becomes confused after the last turn of the effect if it is not already. If the user is prevented from moving or the attack is not successful against the target on the first turn of the effect or the second turn of a three-turn effect, the effect ends without causing confusion. If this move is called by Sleep Talk, the move is used for one turn and does not confuse the user. Makes contact."

Since you can't see what move your opponent is selecting on each turn, the most likely thing that is happening in this situation is that Protect is ending Outrage's effect, and depending on how many turns have passed since Outrage started, the user doesn't get confused unless it ends on the second turn of an Outrage that would end on the second turn, or the third turn. Your opponent was simply selecting Outrage on every turn and it just looks like Outrage was never-ending, when in fact they could have chosen any other move for use after Outrage was blocked by Protect.
  2. Cuban Vader

Cuban Vader

Any word on this?
  3. V4Victini

V4Victini Free Ohmagod
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Yes, thats a known glitch and is to-be fixed

This is a problem with the "Hidden Power [X]" moves, which are treated as "seperate moves" by the simulator.
    When you Encore'd Hidden Power [X] (Which takes its type from the move name) it counted as Encoring Hidden Power (whose type is based on the IVs, which I would guess made it Hidden Power Dark).
  4. chrysthehamster

chrysthehamster

its not exactly a bug, but my internet works fine and it always disconnects me during a battle. any way i can fix it?
  5. Vintage Books

Vintage Books

idk where else to post this and a cba checking thread to see if this is a thing, if it is ignore this post.

When laddering I have repeatedly battled the same opponent right after I just finished a battle with them. I have also more than once got the same opponent thrice. If it hasn't already this needs to be fixed. Having 3 wins against the same opponent isnt exactly accurate laddering.

again, if this is already a thing/has been fixed ignore this post.
  6. Antar

Antar Self-anointed Czar of LC UU
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Zarel et. al are aware of the ladder issues, but it's taken a back burner in the last few days to our hosting / bandwidth issues which should now be resolved (knock on wood).
  7. Meli

Meli

Hi, can someone tell me why i cant log in? I am getting this every time i try "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted."...
    When i click reconnect i get this same error
    I could log in just few hours ago...
  8. Aurora

Aurora this CT is about ethics in gaming journalism
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The server is down at the moment.
  9. Josia Richter

Josia Richter

same thing happned to me just that it was the other way around the guy kept beating me.
  10. hobby103

hobby103

Whenever servine uses leaf storm, instead of their special attack halving, it doubles. Just a bit of a glitch
  11. Sardiini777

Sardiini777

12. hobby103

hobby103

13. Josia Richter

Josia Richter

I registerd as Richter but every time I open showdown it says that I am a guest.
    I checked my teams and I still had the same ones as when I was richter the only problem is that every time I try to battle it tells me to choose a name. When i do nothing hapens I am still a guest and cant battle
  14. dani039c

dani039c

well... i dont know if this is a bug but when i log in it starts as a guest and when i press change name button and enter a name i still says im a guest so i cannot do any battles...
  15. Rami512

Rami512

Can't choose a name...
    It says:
    Username:
    ------
    Choose name Cancel
    I put in my username and click Choose name, but it doesn't load. It stays Guest5324 without changing to my name (Can't play anything except Random Battle)....

Can you guys fix this please?

EDIT: Lol... Just noticed the 2 guys above me have the same issue.
  16. Josia Richter

Josia Richter

sorry about my post didnt see this
  17. Berift

Berift

I've had some trouble with the 'choose name' button. I've already played under my name, registered, set a password etc. but when I open the choose your name box, type it in and press it... Nothing.

edit: In the time it's taken me to post this I've noticed the 'do not..' sign... Sorry guys.
  18. InterruptingDonphan

InterruptingDonphan

I am pretty sure that that is the contrary ability activating. Contrary reverses stat changes, so if a move such as leaf storm lowers your sp atk it will raise it instead. On the contrary (heh heh) if a move such as charge beam raises your sp atk it will lower it instead.
  19. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus

Pokemon who use Bounce aren't able to get hit on the turn they come back down from the air. Incredibly annoying since a person can just spam Bounce to be invincible.

Just lost the log from a power outage, but I can confirm that he was using Leftovers (no bright powder). If it helps I have the battle room #. Missed Rock Slide, Psyshock, and a Whirlwind. Rock Slide does have a miss chance, but Psyshock and Whirlwind don't. I will say when this occurred Gyarados' sprite stayed "down" while in the air in Bounce. Normally it disappears.

It went like this:

bullshit loss :( (open)
    DD Gyarados@+1 used Bounce (high in the air)
    Doughboy uses Rock Slide and misses
    Gyarados used Bounce (high in the air)
    DoughBoy switches in Skarmory!
    doughyboy: wtf
    Latias used Calm Mind
    doughboy: ...

breh ⁰ ゝ⁰
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Two pokemon dying simultaneously, one by LO damage and another by the attack of the LO attacker, causes a tie. Ingame, the attacker wins. afaik, there literally are no ties in BW.
  21. Froggy

Froggy

Ok I just got onto PS after its been down for a while, and all of my teams are missing... I have no clue what happened to them, but my account says I have no teams... what am I supposed to do.
  22. akela

akela

Have you recently cleared your cookies? Are you using a different browser? Different computer?
  23. Tomoki

Tomoki

I don't know if this is just a bug or a server issue but I was just laddering and it said something like, "you've been disconnected, this may be because of a server restart." I reconnected and it worked fine, but when I hit reconnect and join battle my opponent wasn't there and after about a minute it disconnected me again. This time when I reconnected I pressed join battle it didn't work and my opponent had requested a kick. I was spamming the button and finally about 30 seconds after it timed out and I lost it said I joined the battle...

When I try to ladder now nothing happens when I press the button.
  24. Froggy

Froggy

I am pretty sure I have not cleared my cookies, and I am on the same browser with the same computer... the team's played a now they are their now they are not act on me, and now I cant find them
  25. Jobriq

Jobriq

chubbzandcrew called Ninetales back!
    chubbzandcrew sent out Venusaur!
    The foe's Venusaur is hurt by the spikes!
    iUseTriWeather called DerpyFrog back!
    iUseTriWeather sent out OMGNOOOOOO (Tyranitar)!
    OMGNOOOOOO's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
    The sandstorm rages.
    The foe's Venusaur is buffeted by the sandstorm!
    Turn 9
    iUseTriWeather called OMGNOOOOOO back!
    iUseTriWeather sent out OGDragon (Dragonite)!
    The foe's Venusaur used SolarBeam!
    The sandstorm rages.
    OGDragon is buffeted by the sandstorm!
    OGDragon restored HP using its Leftovers!
    Turn 10
    iUseTriWeather: power herb?....
    The foe's Venusaur used SolarBeam!
    It's not very effective... OGDragon lost 4% of its health!
    The foe's Venusaur lost some of its HP!
    OGDragon used Dragon Dance!
    OGDragon's Attack rose!
    OGDragon's Speed rose!
    The sandstorm rages.
    OGDragon is buffeted by the sandstorm!
    OGDragon restored HP using its Leftovers!

Solarbeam skipped charge up twice in sand so it couldn't have been power herb
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)