1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePhalanx

ThePhalanx

According to that log, Solarbeam didn't do any damage in Turn 9, so it charged up in Turn 9 and hit in Turn 10. Looks normal to me.
  2. Tomoki

Tomoki

He's right, any two-part attack will do this. If you use Bounce the Pokemon will do the animation, become intangible, and after selecting it again, use the move.

It will say "gyarados used bounce" twice.
  3. Pan.

Pan.

issue on the iPad:

Initializing... DONE
    Loading libraries... DONE
    Loading client... DONE
    Connecting to login server...

stays like that for minuteees.
  4. Jirochou

Jirochou

and It won't let me play unless I choose my username but whenever I try to change from guest to a username it doesnt change.

[​IMG]
  5. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

We are currently having issues with the log in server. While our Administrators are hard at work fixing the problem we ask that you be patient and do not post about not being able to select your username.
  6. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

The login server issue has been fixed (finally).
  7. Hawntah

Hawntah

I got a Doduo with Frustration and max happiness in a random battle.
  8. Feroxious

Feroxious

I'm not getting anything for bonus move...
  9. Feekind

Feekind

The animation and message for Solarbeam appear twice when used in Drought. No big deal, just a coding error.
  10. NMx13

NMx13

Amount of EVs, confuses new users. *see the picture
    Picture to make things easy... (open)

[​IMG]
  11. stealthykins

stealthykins

Ditto should be able to transform into Zoroark when his Illusion isn't active, but isn't able to.

It's a minor thing and it's pretty situational but my favorite pink blobby choice-scarfed imposter became useless when they had one poke left =(
  12. Ninetale3

Ninetale3

I had a bug where my scarfed mew transformed into thunderus-t and wasn't restricted from switching moves after I used hidden power.
  13. Bryce

Bryce Lun

I keep getting disconnected every few minutes.It says:
    "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted.

Reconnect Cancel"

I noticed a few other players having the same issue.Try to fix it ASAP please.Its really annoying.
  14. Slim Slendy

Slim Slendy

Ok, I found this one kinda funny:

If an opposing pokemon dies from Life Orb Recoil (must go first) and you use Toxic Spikes, Spikes, or SR, the animation will make it look as if the EH set up missed. The hazards are still set up, and everything, but it makes the animation look wonky.
  15. galilboy200

galilboy200

i was using whimsiscott and switcheroo'd a lagging tail to a hitmonlee, it outspeeds my onix

Dont know how that works
  16. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Leader

indeed this is true - i was about to post this myself

evidence:
    Big Image (open)

[​IMG]
  17. lincoln1250

lincoln1250

Will someone help me i cant chat and it says
    [Quote:you have been muted:Quote]
  18. Aurora

Aurora haip haip haip ha-ho
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

No bugs here; an authed user has muted you for whatever reason.
  19. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus

That was a mistake in the viable movelist for both Doduo and Dodrio. TheImmortal fixed it and changed the move to Return.
  20. darkrai523

darkrai523

The showdown wont let me kick an inactive player
  21. I Am

I Am

After the server reset today (occurred on July 21st at approximately 9:55 PM Central Time), I believe some users are unable to get random battles started.

According to Zarel, the error is in battledata.js:327.

There are several lines of errors the moment the battle starts, and one user is forced to wait out the 180 second timer and forfeit.

Here's a screenshot of the issue, which happens every time a randombattle starts. I tested to make sure it wasn't just a single poke causing the issue - everything seems to experience an error: parsing.

[​IMG]
  22. Smaug

Smaug

My Blastoise Dragon Tailed out an Amoonguss to a Zoroark, whose Illusion failed to activate. Later in the battle, at a regular switch-in, Illusion functioned normally.
  23. CrackinSkulls

CrackinSkulls

I just wanted to formally post this bug now:

Essentially when i use google chrome every 30 seconds i am disconnected from the server. I tried safari and it only disconnects me when i find a battle. I am currently tring out firefox and it seems to be working a little better however it still does disconnect me occasionally.

EDIT: Firefox also seems to disconnect when i am in a battle

EDIT: It started working on Chrome again but then after a few battles it just looped 1 turn over and over gain spilling out code on the chatbar before disconnecting me. I now have the exact same problem as before :(
  24. Spritznok

Spritznok

What CrackinSkulls said, having troubles with the site disconnecting me every so often.:pirate::chaos:
  25. Bryce

Bryce Lun

The disconnection issue is happening to so many players including me.It must be focused as soon as possible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)