Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Recently we've been having some issues with the server and lag. Specifically, if the bug you are going to report is regarding choosing a name or the slew of server error messages received this Friday the Thirteenth (July), we already know, and the problems are going to be addressed by the proper personnel as soon as possible.

If I type rotom into the teambuilder search bar, then click on rotom-wash for example, it adds regular rotom to the team, not the form I selected. You have to do it twice to get the right form.

Also clicking the find battle button twice queues you twice, making it really easy to accidentally end up with two games to play simultaneously.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I've noticed, on and off, sometimes I'll enter my name and it won't do anything. No matter how I try (starting battle, joining chat, or just clicking "Choose Name" button.
It's a server problem that I've been trying to fix. Don't worry, it'll be fixed.

If I type rotom into the teambuilder search bar, then click on rotom-wash for example, it adds regular rotom to the team, not the form I selected. You have to do it twice to get the right form.

Also clicking the find battle button twice queues you twice, making it really easy to accidentally end up with two games to play simultaneously.
Get this as well. Also it would be convenient for Rotom-W to also link to Rotom Wash...
I mean yeah. I am a layman, but that seems like the kind of thing that could prove to be really simple to add. If it is simple to add, it would be appreciated

A pokemon that is under both Torment and Encore should only be able to use Struggle, but it attacks normally after the user selects Struggle.

It never used struggle, period. It should happen every two rounds, but it didn't ever. Sorry for not making that clear, that was my fault.

Next time it happens, post a screenshot or copy-paste the log, so people can see EXACTLY what happened. But that sounds really wierd, definitely a bug (if it happened just like you said)

Last time I checked Shedinja can't use Swords Dance on PS.I was going to put him on my NU team but it said that the move "Swords Dance" is Illegal.Not to sure if it is a bug or not.

I hope this the right place to post.
I have been trying to get on PS since yesterday, and it still says that it's not up yet. Is it really not up yet? Or is it some other problem I, in particular, might be facing?
Please help. Thanks.

Not sure if this is a bug but after your IVs are changed by having a Hidden Power you can just make them back to 31 and still keep the same Hidden Power. I haven't had a chance to test if the IVs remain as 31 or if the 31 is just for show though.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I hope this the right place to post.
I have been trying to get on PS since yesterday, and it still says that it's not up yet. Is it really not up yet? Or is it some other problem I, in particular, might be facing?
Please help. Thanks.
It's really not up, it's been down for more than a day, and I'm really pissed off at the server host right now.

The backup server is up, but it can't handle very many users, so you'll see the "server down" message whenever the backup server is full.

Espeon used Baton Pass!
Espeon is being sent back!
The foe's Derpy the Dino used Pursuit!
It's super effective! Espeon lost 80% of its health!
Espeon fainted!
The sandstorm rages.

Pursuit damage was dealt on Baton Pass.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay found a weird one, i'm not entirely sure how i managed to do this but I'm able to search randbats with any team I want.

is the site still down just for me?
I hate pokemon online and people there. I want Showdown to be fixed already T_T

LightBlueMist

(´・ω・`)
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
is the site still down just for me?
I hate pokemon online and people there. I want Showdown to be fixed already T_T
Don't we all.... ;_;

It's being worked on, though. So don't worry!

(I'd like to note that the "Don't we all" was aimed at the "I want Showdown to be fixed already" part. I have nothing against PO users..... :x )

I just played there... All i got was some pathetic people going "hahaha loser" after i lost a game of pressing random buttons cos i didnt know whats going on... not gonna play there anymore.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
ThePhalanx, please do not post the direct link to the backup server anywhere. There's a reason it's not normally accessible: it can't support that many users, and posting it publicly will only get the backup server taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)