Gen 1 Pokemon Showdown has a Gen 1 playable now!

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There can't be a general time bracket as we program PS on our (scarce) free time. The idea is "soon".

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Really loving this ladder. Props to Joim for putting in so much time to make this work for us.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Trying to get it as good as possible :>
I'd like to add that the Wrap 0 pp bug needs a heavy core program change to be fixed, a core change that affects all battles, so it can't be done lightly and I'd prefer if a head programmer did that change.

Joim

Pixels matter
Well, guys, if you think 0 pp continued Wrap makes you use Struggle is not a big deal in order to have correct Wrap mechanics, I can unban it :p

Are you saying that once you run out of PP, you'll use struggle instead of having your wrap PP roll over to 64?

Are the ladder mechanics meant to be based on RBY or on Stadium? (I ask because there are some glitches that existed in RBY that were fixed in Stadium, such as Focus Energy not raising the users critical hit rate, for example.)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Are you saying that once you run out of PP, you'll use struggle instead of having your wrap PP roll over to 64?
If this is what you're talking about, Joim, I'd much rather see Wrap unbanned, since that's such a minute error that makes little difference in actual battles. On the flip side, banning Wrap would have quite a big influence in the metagame.

Are the ladder mechanics meant to be based on RBY or on Stadium? (I ask because there are some glitches that existed in RBY that were fixed in Stadium, such as Focus Energy not raising the users critical hit rate, for example.)
PS is using cart mechanics not stadium 1 mechanics.

If this is what you're talking about, Joim, I'd much rather see Wrap unbanned, since that's such a minute error that makes little difference in actual battles. On the flip side, banning Wrap would have quite a big influence in the metagame.
This scenario happens more times than you might think, and can be a pretty big deal. At the same time though, it doesn't alter the metagame at all.

At the same time though, PO had wrap legal with buggy mechanics until recently, which were actually metagame-altering (the ghost-wrapping bug being the biggest one). Not sure if you guys like using PO as a bar-setter though.

Joim

Pixels matter
Yes.

The ladder is pure RBY, no Stadium mechanics, no tradebacks.

Well that error can make a user lose a game due to Struggle, that's why I banned it in the first place since I deemed that important for ladder.

Darn. Is there any reason why we are using the more bugged mechanics, instead of the patched set of mechanics?
Smogon has always played RBY, Stadium is a sub gen and will be implemented in due course.

This scenario happens more times than you might think, and can be a pretty big deal. At the same time though, it doesn't alter the metagame at all.

At the same time though, PO had wrap legal with buggy mechanics until recently, which were actually metagame-altering (the ghost-wrapping bug being the biggest one). Not sure if you guys like using PO as a bar-setter though.
Wrap/Bind working correctly on Ghosts is one of the first things I did :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)