1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Showdown mobile network usage

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by sora13, Oct 6, 2012.

1. sora13

sora13

Can anyone tell me how much mobile data Pokemon showdown tends to use? I have a HTC Vivid with 4.0 chrome and have a 250mb per month plan, and I want to know if I can feasibly use Pokemon Showdown on my 4g.
  2. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Err, 100mb an hour is ridiculous.

The active connection is around 0.5 KB/s. That works out to around 2 MB/hour.

The initial download is around 10 MB. Mobile tends not to be able to cache much, so that's how much you'd probably download each time you open PS.

So, yeah, that might not be a good idea on a 250 MB cap.
  3. Larrisons

Larrisons

I am not quite sure but I am certain that 250 MB won't work.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)