Pokemon Showdown (original announcement)

yeah, PO isn't that bad, i really am wondering if more people will go to this, or stick with PO. it definitely looks good, but it really depends on the servers and stuff like that weather or not i choose it over PO.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Wow, this looks awesome! Thank you so much for doing this!

A few quick questions about potential features:
1) Can the animations be turned off?
2) Does it collect usage statistics automatically?
3) What is the ladder rating system?

Also, previous generation and double/triple/rotation implementation would be a huge plus (as that is one of PO's big selling points over shoddy/pokemon lab IMO)

As an aside: Please don't knock PO people; it's a fine program. If you complain about things, then no one will want to contribute anymore...
1. This is not a feature that will hit before public beta, but I do plan on implementing it before stable.
2. This is not a feature that will hit before public beta, but I do plan on implementing it before stable.
3. This is not a feature that will hit before public beta, but I do plan on implementing it before stable. I plan on eventually using GLIXARE since apparently that's what most people want, but feel free to suggest alternatives.

Neither previous generations nor double/triple/rotation battles will be done before public beta, and I'm not sure about the release, but they're planned for the eventually.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Shoot, from what blajaran and monkfish said I really want to try out the private beta :\ but if I ask for it and get it everyone else has to have it too, making it public, so...

Can't wait.

1. This is not a feature that will hit before public beta, but I do plan on implementing it before stable.
2. This is not a feature that will hit before public beta, but I do plan on implementing it before stable.
3. This is not a feature that will hit before public beta, but I do plan on implementing it before stable. I plan on eventually using GLIXARE since apparently that's what most people want, but feel free to suggest alternatives.

Neither previous generations nor double/triple/rotation battles will be done before public beta, and I'm not sure about the release, but they're planned for the eventually.
Will Wonder Launcher be done before stable?

interesting just don't work yourself into the ground trying to complete this you alone control the pace.

I'm not dissing PO, and in fact I thought it was a great program and before I heard about this, I never would have expected anyone to make another battling sim until generation 6 at least.

But PS has built-in modding support while PO doesn't, which is a huge selling point for me. As long as other people play PS and there's an audience for a mod server, I'm more than ready to switch programs as soon as this comes out.

I really don't get why other people are bashing PO so much right now, because I've never heard complaints about it prior to this thread.

4 questions:

1.- Can you MOD POKEMON like in Net Battle? there you could EASILY give Pokemon MORE abilities and more moves than the ones they already learn (Not creating new moves, but giving them more moves)
2.- There will be a LEVEL BALANCE option like in Net battle?
3.- There will be a STADIUM MODE option like in Net battle? (3 vs 3)
4.- There will be any way to MOD an entire generation gameplay? for example, I think trying out Gen 5 with some RBY/GSC mechanics included would be interesting. (255 EVs for every Pokemon. No natures but new mechanics (new moves, physical/special split,etc) added)

EDIT:

Last but not least: In this new program can you use the NB-style battle logs instead of the PO battle logs?

In Net battle every time a turn ended the log automatically kept track of the amounf of HP remaining for each player. This doesn't happen with PO's logs, and that sucks.

A plus would be to make the replay viewer compatible with Net battle logs. I would love to replay my old 1024 turns battle from the Ruby/Sapphire era in the replay viewer just for shit and giggles.

Wow this looks great though I agree that people should stop knocking PO. It's a fine program just like this one. But the cross platform support seems awesome and so does the ability to reconnect. Can't wait for the stable release.

Gratz on the great work aesoft.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
4 questions:

1.- Can you MOD POKEMON like in Net Battle? there you could EASILY give Pokemon MORE abilities and more moves than the ones they already learn (Not creating new moves, but giving them more moves)
Not only does the first post talk about this, but the post before yours does as well. -_-

Of course it has mod support.

2.- There will be a LEVEL BALANCE option like in Net battle?
Sure, I can add that.

3.- There will be a STADIUM MODE option like in Net battle? (3 vs 3)
This question was also answered earlier in the thread. It'll eventually be supported.

4.- There will be any way to MOD an entire generation gameplay? for example, I think trying out Gen 5 with some RBY/GSC mechanics included would be interesting. (255 EVs for every Pokemon. No natures but new mechanics (new moves, physical/special split,etc) added)
Yes, the mod support is flexible enough for that.

EDIT:

Last but not least: In this new program can you use the NB-style battle logs instead of the PO battle logs?

In Net battle every time a turn ended the log automatically kept track of the amounf of HP remaining for each player. This doesn't happen with PO's logs, and that sucks.
Yeah, sure, that can be an eventually thing.

A plus would be to make the replay viewer compatible with Net battle logs. I would love to replay my old 1024 turns battle from the Ruby/Sapphire era in the replay viewer just for shit and giggles.
Maybe if I really have tons of free time at some point.

iOS means iphone, right? That would be awesome to finally be able to battle on my phone :)
Yep. ^_^

I can't wait for this simulator to be complete and does it have private messaging? :P
Not yet, but it will.

I'm glad to see competition finally breaking up the monopoly PO had. Judging by the replay viewer you made, PS should be pretty spiffy.

I'm wondering... which C-based language are using to make this?

Considering it's going to be cross-plataform, even with mobile platforms, I give my bet you're using Java

I'm really excited for this :D Will this mean less down time for the Smogon server at all? Because the PO Smogon server crashes alot..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)