1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Showdown (original announcement)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

At the moment, no, but I'm working on having a more desktoppy layout for tablets, eventually.
  2. Phi

Phi

Is this gonna be open source when it comes out?
  3. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

At this point what is the planned timeframe for the eventual release (rough estimate)?
  4. KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

A quick question/suggestion. Are you gonna add a damage calculator to this on server?
  5. BTzz

BTzz spams overhand rights
    is a Contributor Alumnus

aesoft=smogod
  6. btb4

btb4

This is very nice. aesoft is a great programmer so far that I see in the Pokemon Showdown and his awesome Pokemon Online Replay Viewer. I hope that aesoft will make the Program public (soon as finished). I would really like to see all the details that is includes.
  7. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

The UI is going to be fucking awesome, I just can't wait for this. Also, what is the max amount of battles you can be in?
  8. btb4

btb4

Yeah it battle amount is proly going to be the same as Pokemon Online. Might be different. We never know until it's fully out to public.
  9. jdesai927

jdesai927

So is this going to be completely open source? Where will it be posted?
    Also, just out of curiosity, what are you building this in?
  10. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Dude, all of these questions were answered in this thread already.
  11. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

can somebody delete all the (non-op) posts itt and merge all the questions and answers into one big aesoft faq post...
  12. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

lol fuck that
  13. undercover

undercover

lol. this is a great project. also i have a ?, does it allow user(s) to host a server. or just one main server? and i hope this doesn't cut off PO.
  14. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck i am woodchuck
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

WELL ACE CONGRATS ON OPEN BETA AEO
    and yeah destiny bond doesn't work
    and apparently poison doesn't either

but mostly congrats on open beta
  16. MasterSwordsmanGallade

MasterSwordsmanGallade

Great work aesoft, looks really good. Despite some minor bugs (which i'm sure will be fixed in time), this truly is excellent.
  17. Arcticblast

Arcticblast It hasn't been as nice at night these last few days
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

One bug I noticed (I think): After your Pokemon gets a new item through Trick, hovering over it still shows the original item (even though the effects of the new item are still there).

That said, it looks amazing. Yesterday was probably the only time I battle Fatecrashers ever.
  18. TuxGamer

TuxGamer

Oh, nice work. But where if the D-load link?
  19. Adamant Zoroark

Adamant Zoroark

DO WANT

It looks a lot better than PO, can't wait. If I read correctly, it supports iPhone? Awesome, I'll be able to tell my friends that I can play Pokemon on my iPhone.
  20. TuxGamer

TuxGamer

Well it does look better than Pokemon Online (The Battles). But PO Supports Server, other stuff. But aesoft might add some of it. Neverknow >_<
  21. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Reason this is better than PO: iOS support. animations. all though po was a very quick and honestly great simulator solution, i can't wait to have animations and play on my iphone. but a question: how are servers/hosts going to work? Is it going to be smogon only, or will there be other servers, too? just out of wonder.
  22. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

Anyone can run a server, although it'll be a bit harder than setting up a PO server.
  23. Psycho Cut

Psycho Cut

That looks awesome :)

Does the Android version work on HTC?
  24. Bobtheball4

Bobtheball4 CAP Playtesting Expert

yes. it is awesome, also i can set up a PO Server, but how would it be for PS. it would like to try to set up a server. would i need something from you (aesoft)?
  25. ungulateman

ungulateman

Amazing work.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)