1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Showdown (original announcement)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Oct 7, 2011.

1. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

I've asked aeo this and he said he'll be adding Little Cup later on. (When that is, I'm not sure.) For now just ask for a battle in the main chat, hopefully someone there plays Little Cup; either that or just play on the Smogon PO server.

Before a Little Cup tier is added I hope aeo adds a slider for the ev's in the teambuilder, it's really hard making Little Cup teams inserting random ev values. (assuming you don't know how lc ev's work like me) Yeah, I know you could just make a team on PO's teambuilder but personally I like PS' teambuilder better; which I applaud aeo on - it's really nice.
  2. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

again its based on your internet. if you really despise ie9 you can try safari or opera or something, but if nothing else works get ie9 if you want to use ps
  3. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

pokemon showdown! won't run in opera. personally, i find chromium runs it the best.
  4. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Flapper the Zubat = best scramblemon
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Would it be possible to add a user's win/loss ratio to the /ranking command? Users not on the ladder have no way of seeing it.
  5. abucci48

abucci48

Is there an android app I can download for this?
  6. Bort

Bort

It's a web app. You can access it with your android device's web browser.
  7. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

...shouldn't it already be there?
  8. Showsni

Showsni

Are there plans to add a Dream World tier? I know I can just ask in the main chat, but it feels awkward asking all the time.
  9. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

It's a possibility, but it's not something I'm going to add in the near future.
  10. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

I'm currently making a proposal for a side-metagame (like Balanced Hackmons). Here's the link. I was wondering if Pokemon Showdown would be interested, and if it could possibly be implemented in PS.
  11. Konata Test

Konata Test

Nu and LC been Merged? currently In the Teambuilder
  12. tednugent1

tednugent1

Wondering if you will ever add compatability with android browsers? Because the android version of Firefox for Droid sucks horse penis.

Also, I asked this in the balanced hackmons thread but didn't get an answer: who exactly is in charge of the tier, in regards to banning moves, abilities, etc.?
  13. Tomahawk

Tomahawk
    is a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

aeosoft, Showdown is awesome! There's just one thing I have a problem with, I suppose this is the best place to post. Currently I'm laddering OU on Showdown, and it's actually quite hard to stay high up on the ladder. For one, if you lose you immediately lose a ton of points, but the main point is this: when battling a lower ranked opponent, I lose points even if I win. This has happened to me several times, and it's really annoying. Literally just now, I played two battles and won both of them, but dropped 20 points in ranking for even playing them. If I had lost one of those, I would have probably dropped about 150 points in ranking.
  14. Quanyails

Quanyails
    is an Artistis a Community Contributor

Very small bug that I've noticed is that Kyogre's back shiny sprite's highlight (where it looks like a blowhole would be) is the incorrect color.

That is all.
  15. pkmn-taicho321

pkmn-taicho321

man this is so impressive. I love it =P

Played a few game today and it's the most fun I've had with a sim since I originally learned to play competitive pokemon. kudos
  16. Prankster

Prankster

it looks really cool, great work

some of us might still go to PO from time to time though, for old times sake
  17. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

I am thoroughly enjoying PS!, aeosoft! Thanks for this major gift to Smogon :)

Is it possible to have individual player's ranking show up when you click his or her name? It's much more convenient than searching their name on the leader board.
  18. bluemon

bluemon

i have always loved PS but there is one major competitive problem with it.

how come you cannot switch the order of the pokemon on the team preview when a battle starts? this makes zoroark next to useless because you cannot change the pokemon zoroark wants to camouflage as.
  19. coolbiz

coolbiz

Any idea why it cant run on my Wii? I tried but it loads everything but cant connect to the server.

EDIT: It loads the first 3 things but cant load anything after that, it doesnt load everything.
  20. Soarin

Soarin

You can use /rank {Name}
  21. mattgcn

mattgcn

Pardon if this is the wrong place or it has been mentioned elsewhere, what is the extent / capability of modding for Pokemon Showdown at the current time? I've wanted a place with a pretty simply language with which I can play and test some Pokemon with for ages but it's been kind of a fruitless wait. Is it available somewhere I'm not seeing or is it on the docket for a future release?
  22. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

Heh, this was the thread I wanted people not to post bugs in. Bugs in the bug report thread, please.

PS can be modded, sorta. The source code is all in: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown

You can mod the `data/` directory directly.
  23. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

you should make it easier to find other people in the lobby. As of now there's no pattern to the names on the list, and no way to search names. these two features combined mean if i want to challenge or pm someone i have to comb each and every name until i find the right one, which is annoying as hell.
  24. Exclamation!

Exclamation!

It looks awesome. Will we be able to use when alt to battle and another one to chat, tough?
  25. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

Ctrl + F

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)