Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Ugh lvl 9 mega gengar, max lvl yveltal, max lvl zoroark, and max lvl absol and I still can't beat mega mewtwo Y, WTF, do I just suck or is the stage that hard to beat?

You do get 200 gold again. I really don't see why this is something meaningful considering you can only do it 5 more times, and once per day, plus farming Meowth is more effective should you really want more money.

I always have problems with Meowth ... Most of the time ... overkill (:

But I've seen a video on youtube which can helps me

Getting 330 coins each time is easy enough I think. Failing is much easier if you go for more.

Just got my Banettite and also caught Pinsir on the 2nd Great Ball, 15/30% catch rate. Power of 4 makes it more appealing than Scizor IMHO, but I'd still take Genesect or Heracross over it any day. You never know which one of Hera and Pinsir will have the better mega evolution though.

Grinding Pinsir, I totally forgot to test Mega Banette in action... Maybe in a couple hours.

Got Branettite too ... It seems to be a worst MegaGar by reading the description.

Fail to catch Pinsir ! Once a day seems hard ! More $$$ to get a Great Ball (but you can still abuse the "quick, reboot the 3DS if it didn"t work" ?

You can't really "abuse" it per se because you'll have to wait for the next day if you do that. But I do advise taking Mega Gengar in and having enough money for a couple Great Ball tosses. No pressure really.

You can't really "abuse" it per se because you'll have to wait for the next day if you do that. But I do advise taking Mega Gengar in and having enough money for a couple Great Ball tosses. No pressure really.
At least, you don't lose the gold if you don't manage to catch it .. ?

yeah I will try with Mega Gengar because Mega Aerodactyl was disappointing.

Caught Pinsir with only a 15% chance, yayy. Not sure what I'm going to use it for, though.
And of course, S-ranked the easy daily Rotom stage.

How did I get a better catch rate than Lucchini for mega pinser on my first try with just mega stoise, moltres, ninetails, and aurourus?
I got 21/42% and caught it with a single great ball....it probably helps that half of my team was lvl 8+ doesn't it?

My team wasn't exactly optimised either (brought Mega Aero instead of Mega Gengar and had many long terms without any combo potential in sight), so there's that. With 50K money, I could afford a few Great Balls though, and the 2nd one succeeded for me.

Ugh, I am still level grinding to beat mega meetwo without items, I don't care that I have 46k coins I am going to use them for the next monthly challenge and S rank all the levels possible!
Here's what I'm aiming for all at max lvl.
Mega sableye/gengar (I have no clue what's better for the stage, I assume sableye)
Absol
Misderavous (same power as mismagius)
Mismagius
The idea is to basically spam the hell out of astonish and mind jack and I figure between all 3 pokemon having the ability to delay mewtwo's disruptions from hell I could beat the level more easiy.

So, managed to win Banettite by a thin margin (my literal last attempt Pushed me up from 21,583).

What's the strategy for Pinsir, considering I only get one attempt a day? I already figured Aerodactyl is a terrible choice for Mega, but what's my best option then for combo potential?

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pinsir is pretty easy, you can just go into it like a normal stage and you'll be fine. Like others here I also caught it at 15% so it's not a huge deal.

Anyway, for those of you who got the Bannetite, how quickly are you able to clear the normal Banette level now? I got it in one turn, anyone manage to get it without doing anything at all? haha

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
I managed to beat Pinsir with 12 turns remaining (before Aerodactyl even Mega Evolved) just by using Attack Power Up alongside Aurorus/Heatran/Blaziken so nothing special outside of using my strongest against Bug types, really wish we got the option to use that item more often in regular stages because it's such a nice item. Still only a 27% chance but I managed to get it without a Great Ball. Stage itself isn't bad at all though Mega Aerodactyl is definitely bad for it since there's no disruptions. Gengar is always a safe option I suppose or maybe even no Mega and just another Bug killer.

Also yeah the Banette stage is very entertaining to watch if you have Mega Banette. Just going in with Banette, Chandelure and Gengar and I've been able to see the stage completed with only one move, sometimes before I even make a move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)