Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Pinsir is pretty easy, you can just go into it like a normal stage and you'll be fine. Like others here I also caught it at 15% so it's not a huge deal.

Anyway, for those of you who got the Bannetite, how quickly are you able to clear the normal Banette level now? I got it in one turn, anyone manage to get it without doing anything at all? haha
I went in with a mono Ghost team, and I essentially had to make one move to get the collapse to 2 shot it

I think Banette might be helpful for Mewtwo, since he Megas pretty quickly, and unlike Gengar, can clear an entire species and then some, which helps remove frozen disruptions and Clouds.

Edit: Just S-Ranked Mega Mewtwo Y almost effortlessly. Let me just say the most important part of it was a Complexity-1 I ground coins for. So much easier once those Espeons weren't cluttering the board since Banette could set up so many collapses.

I'm finding Banette more useful than Gengar since eliminating other Ghosts rather than himself means sometimes they drop onto themselves and you can chain Banette wipes.

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just caught Pinsir, the bastard took me 2 tries but at least I didn't have to use a great ball for it at 15%. I went with a whole bug killer team without a mega since Aero sucks in comparison.

What do you think are the best teams for Mega Banette against Mewtwo Y and Banette? Gengar's one obviously but not sure if I should train up a Mismagius too or just stick with Yveltal / Zoroark / Absol.

Just caught Pinsir, the bastard took me 2 tries but at least I didn't have to use a great ball for it at 15%. I went with a whole bug killer team without a mega since Aero sucks in comparison.

What do you think are the best teams for Mega Banette against Mewtwo Y and Banette? Gengar's one obviously but not sure if I should train up a Mismagius too or just stick with Yveltal / Zoroark / Absol.
The closest I ever got to beating metwo Y was with a team of mega sableye, misderavous, mismagius, and absol. While I am STILL leveling them up to max level I believe that with mega banette you could basically own the stage like it's your ******* as you deal with NO solid blocks etc via them getting instantly wiped out. Sadly, until I beat mega mewtwo Y without items I'm just stuck behind it....in hell.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well the banette stage is stupidly easy to S-Rank now lol
Btw I just managed to catch mewtwo but for some odd reason when I used the optimize button for the first time at the toxicroak stage mewtwo showed up without his mega stone on the first slot (which I already have), while this was fixed by manually selecting him form the pokemon list (which did show the megastone) now whenever I use the search function in the pokedex for pokemon with their mega stone mewtwo never turns up in the search. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: finished reading the whole thread (I was really bored lol) it seems the mewtwo bug is something common that hasn't been fixed. Also it's amazing how just a mewtwo/slowbro combo is so amazingly strong in long matches.

Last edited:
I officially give up, there is no combination of any pokemon that beats mega metwo Y before you clear the stage, without using coins. Now I must know what I need to use to S rank it with coins.

I officially give up, there is no combination of any pokemon that beats mega metwo Y before you clear the stage, without using coins. Now I must know what I need to use to S rank it with coins.
Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Zoroark, etc. work just fine with coins. Main obstacles I find important are Disruption Delay, or even saving up for Complexity -1, because those Espeons stopping combos are a bigger pain than Mewtwo's disruptions in my experience.

Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Zoroark, etc. work just fine with coins. Main obstacles I find important are Disruption Delay, or even saving up for Complexity -1, because those Espeons stopping combos are a bigger pain than Mewtwo's disruptions in my experience.
I have 46k coins lol. But seriously thank you!

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Regirock+new stages...
Mega Aero might finally be useful now lol

Used all my hearts for now and found a new "grinding" stage with snorlax, however there's so much disruption I doubt it's even worth the trouble and also so much HP >_<

Ah I hope they're entertaining !
I was saying yesterday to my friend "they're 700+ pokemon and they only released around 250, that's slow". Especially with so many pokemon close to "high levels" ... they will be no more grind available soon :D

Still haven't got that damned Pinsir yet. I'll need to rectify that, even if it means spending coins, something I did not want to do, but I only have one more chance, so I have no choice.

Looking forward to the new stages, which I think will be fun to pass the time on the road when my family, including my cousin and her gf, and I go on the road for our vacation this Friday.
I'll still need to get past that ***damned M-Aerodactyl first though.

Still haven't got that damned Pinsir yet. I'll need to rectify that, even if it means spending coins, something I did not want to do, but I only have one more chance, so I have no choice.

Looking forward to the new stages, which I think will be fun to pass the time on the road when my family, including my cousin and her gf, and I go on the road for our vacation this Friday.
I'll still need to get past that ***damned M-Aerodactyl first though.
New stages have a ridiculously good grinding stage, but bring Aerodactyl for it once you get the stone. There's blocks EVERYWHERE

Also, Fighting types are your friend in S-Ranking the early stages.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
REGIROCK OMG I HATE YOU ! It's so haaaaard
LoL I'm on the same boat, also managed to activate Sceptile's Vitality Drain and it dealt 1989 damage and it barely made a dent on that sucker, holy cow >.<

Also has anyone being able to activate skills at all on the frogadier stage? (aside from power of 4-5) Because I tried Tropius for his eject ability it would never trigger despite being lots of froakies around.

LoL I'm on the same boat, also managed to activate Sceptile's Vitality Drain and it dealt 1989 damage and it barely made a dent on that sucker, holy cow >.<

Also has anyone being able to activate skills at all on the frogadier stage? (aside from power of 4-5) Because I tried Tropius for his eject ability it would never trigger despite being lots of froakies around.
I haven't tried Tropius, but maybe Froakie doesn't count the same way as in its own stage? Only other thing I notice is that when making a match, the Pokemon your actively pick up is the one who's skill is trigger. So dragging Tropius to the line might be different from dragging the Pokemon to Tropius.

I'm trying to work out how to deal with Regirock.

Just had a Fuuuuuccck moment when I found out that they ended the Pinsir event yesterday. Stupid stubborn bug, not going into any of my Great Balls!

I take it I'm not going to like the Regirock stage, and that I'm going to need to save up coins for that stage too.

Edit: nope, don't like it one bit. I can see I'm going to need to get enough coins for at least a -Complexity and a Great Ball, in addition to the Instant Mega, +5 Turns, and the paralysis thing.

For those who complained about the Celebi stage being too easy: you got your fucking wish.

Last edited:

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Welp Im giving up on regirock for now since I have to train up a lot of new pokes like milotic (finally done with that stupid stage). Im gonna try Venusaur later to see if I can trigger enough vitality drains along with sceptile vs regirock though.

Also fun fact I managed to beat and catch steelix using mega aerodactyl without items at 0 moves left

If anyone knows of a pokemon combination that beats regirock without items PLEASE let me know, I'm trying everything at this point. Note I don't have mega lucario.

If anyone knows of a pokemon combination that beats regirock without items PLEASE let me know, I'm trying everything at this point. Note I don't have mega lucario.
One thing I'm experimenting with a bit is Groudon. Strong Ground type, and Quake sometimes helps set up collapses for when the Disruptions spawn Regirock in.

That said, I'm just noticing a trend of new Mons having way too much health.

I think the best team is
Mega Lucario
Groudon
Swampert
and maybe Sceptile !

I used Mega Start Aerodactyl+ Disruption Delay + Groudon / Swampert / Sceptile => FAIL -______-
So many gold lost. I think -1 is needed :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)