Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Couple of things with this update. First off, the Home Button trick does NOT work anymore on Timed Stages, that is officially dead now. The glitch in the Timburr stage that left icons of your Mega as non-Mega was fixed as well, and Mewtwo now works with Optimize for once. There's also this Super Catch Power thing that can give you massive buffs to catch rates, apparently random (like 1% to 29% kind of jump). Then there's the surface things like the regenerating hearts being separate and seeing levels of the Pokemon when you choose a stage. Also Mega Evolutions have this candy thing next to their Mega Effect, not sure what that is though.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
A shame the home trick menu will go away, but then again it was expected, at least they finally corrected the mewtwo bug.
Guess it's time to S rank the currrent EX stages while I can (because I suck agaisnt the timer) and make another SD backup while at it.

Still trying to figure what all the changes are. I did notice this: Before the update, when I comboed Pokémon of the same species in one move (eg. when they are + or L shaped) they used to disappear separately (the - part first, the l part afterwards, or vice versa). Now after the update the + and L shapes seem to disappear in one 'poof', as opposed to separate 'poofs'. Did anyone else notice or is it just me?

Still trying to figure what all the changes are. I did notice this: Before the update, when I comboed Pokémon of the same species in one move (eg. when they are + or L shaped) they used to disappear separately (the - part first, the l part afterwards, or vice versa). Now after the update the + and L shapes seem to disappear in one 'poof', as opposed to separate 'poofs'. Did anyone else notice or is it just me?
Does this still cause them to count as two separate lines, or one group of 5? For example, would Yveltal's Power of 5 trigger in that formation?

Since I notice abilities proc more on longer lines/groups, this might indirectly make some stages easier by make abilities easier to trigger.

Does this still cause them to count as two separate lines, or one group of 5? For example, would Yveltal's Power of 5 trigger in that formation?

Since I notice abilities proc more on longer lines/groups, this might indirectly make some stages easier by make abilities easier to trigger.
No clue, I have to look into that. Would be pretty useful if they do.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright just finished S-Ranking everything on the EX stages so now I can say goodbye to the home menu exploit and update shuffle. I also realized that the T-Matches were taken as two separate 3-Match until now so I'm gonna test that right away with power of 5 pokemons.

I'm not updating until I have S ranked enough pokemon to at least get mewtwo and hopefull genesect, if that doesn't take me days to do/until the next big event thing. Because there is no way I am EVER going through another blaziken ex stage EVER, without the home button trick.
And yes, I do not care if it even takes me spending all 36k coins to do so, but I will S rank until I have every ex stage pokemon captured.

Also what's the point of S ranking ex stages?

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not updating until I have S ranked enough pokemon to at least get mewtwo and hopefull genesect, if that doesn't take me days to do/until the next big event thing. Because there is no way I am EVER going through another blaziken ex stage EVER, without the home button trick.
And yes, I do not care if it even takes me spending all 36k coins to do so, but I will S rank until I have every ex stage pokemon captured.

Also what's the point of S ranking ex stages?
Currently none, but if it becomes some sort of requirement in the future this is the best time to do it. Just to give you an example, even with the home button exploit it took me a +time + Mega Start + Disruption Delay to S-Rank Genesect and that was with less than 10 seconds to fall into A-rank. It most likely requires a mandatory Complexity-1 to do it the honest way.

I beat it on my first try as well. However getting the S-Rank might be trickier.
I think I only need a mega start and a disruption delay to beat it, nothing that bad. I have a list of pokemon I have yet to beat that require what items etc that I can post here if you guys want me to.

I already updated to 1.2 to check in, so I guess I'm not S-ranking any more EX stages. I don't even wanna know how difficult it will be for me to catch Genesect.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I already updated to 1.2 to check in, so I guess I'm not S-ranking any more EX stages. I don't even wanna know how difficult it will be for me to catch Genesect.
Well if you're lucky enough with the new catch mechanics you might not have to go through hell getting genesect. I'd recommend doing it soon as the next online competition will most likely be mega venusaur and is the best candidate for that.

So, I'm starting with Genesect attempts now, with the following

- Ampharos (not SE, but it clears clouds and blocks)
- Aerodactyl (clears clouds)
- 2 filler

Here's what I'm wondering. Genesect's two complexities are itself and Surskit. What happens if I use Surskit myself? Does it change the natural Surskit to something else, or is it like Milotic where Feebas does reduce the complexity?

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright first attempt on the mega venusaur stage without items gave me 11317 points placing at 999/6900.
Guess that with the home menu trick gone this will be a more fair competition.

Alright first attempt on the mega venusaur stage without items gave me 11317 points placing at 999/6900.
Guess that with the home menu trick gone this will be a more fair competition.
What disruptions does it have? I want to know what to level grind while money grinding, so I can update the day or two before the event ends, and have enough coins to S rank metwo and get the megastone...also holy shit you predicted exactly what the next mega stone event would be! O :

Got rank 337/roughly 12k on the Mega Venu stage, with a score of 17.9k. Didn't have Genesect and with the free C-1 everyone got I used mine as well as the DD, since I expect many others to do the same. Don't see myself being pushed out the 10k with that score but will keep an eye on things just in case.

Disruptions are mainly just a ton of breakable blocks. I used Glaile (6) Heatran (4) Scyther (6) and Heracross (4). Didn't trigger crowd control once which sucks.

Can anyone confirm that the 1.2 patch fixes the glitch that allows you t play the shamin stage each day and gives you 1k coins for each new day you beat it?

Can anyone confirm that the 1.2 patch fixes the glitch that allows you t play the shamin stage each day and gives you 1k coins for each new day you beat it?
I don't think that the patch fixes the glitch. I've played the stage 5 times now(after the patch), and it only gave me coins the first three time I finished the stage. After that it gave me nothing.

Yes, you can only get 1K Shaymin coins one last time after updating. I updated anyway, to start practising playing Venusaur's stage and see what Victini is like tomorrow.

I managed to get ~10K, placing me at about ~5,000/~30,000. I'm not going to use any items yet, but it appears the first time was a fluke, and if I start getting pushed down towards 15,000 or above, I'll have to use items, because I've been unable to top my first score.

I have no idea how I'm going to be able to catch Genesect between now and then, since I don't know how many more stages I have to S-rank before I can even make the attempt.

What disruptions does it have? I want to know what to level grind while money grinding, so I can update the day or two before the event ends, and have enough coins to S rank metwo and get the megastone...also holy shit you predicted exactly what the next mega stone event would be! O :
If you still need this answered

Mega Venusaur has Bulbasaur on the stage as a complexity, and every 2-3 moves (haven't watched too closely) he randomly turns 3 blocks into rock/wood. I've had success using Aerodactyl over Mega Glalie to clear those rocks.

Maybe use Bulbasaur while coin grinding, since the Disruption Bulbasaur's use the stats of your in game one, to eek out a few extra points.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
So apparently Mega Venusaur will be our Mega Kangaskhan upgrade when the competition is over.

Also while I was playing with the filter function by power I realized victini is located in the 80 power group (hype). Of course it could be a placeholder but then again all the other placeholder pokemon (greninja, chesnaught, etc) where located together among the other 50 power pokemon. Guess we'll see soon what happens.

Yeah, Victini has the power/ability making it the second best Psychic to use in Mewtwo Y-led teams. None of the other Psychics thus far have offered much of value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)