Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

-1 Complexity and Disruption Delay did the trick for the Venusaurite Competition, and brought my score to 19K, and last I checked, I'm in 2002nd place. I'll eat my hat if I get displaced again (and be damned, because that was my trump card; I can't do the same again.)

Yesterday, fortune smiled upon me, and I even got my first legend in Rumble World yesterday.

From Serebii.net. Giratina, New Normal Stages, New EX Stages (Kalos Starters)

Details of the next event have been revealed.This event gives you access to the Pokémon Giratina and runs from Monday June 8th to June 22nd. This stage is the first in what is called an Escalation Battle. Each time you complete the stage, it levels up and becomes more complicated with added obstacles such as four columns of frozen blocks at Level 40 or instant disruption at Level 10. When you reach Level 5, you get 1,000 coins and when you get to Level 50, you get a Disruption Delay item. The likelihood for capture also increases as the stage's level gets higher

--> 50 LEVELS ? At least 50 HEARTS ? OMG :D I hope the first levels are easy ! Disruption Delay for level 50 is LOL !

It has also been announced that new stages are to come to Pokémon Shuffle on Monday. These continue the Pedra Valley stages and include Garbodor in 194, Doublade in 195 and Conkeldurr in stage 198. Three new Expert stages are also being added, focusing on the Kalos starter Pokémon, Chesnaught, Delphox and Greninja. We'll bring full details of these stages on Monday

I think it will have more levels than only 3 normal stages ! Yay for starters

Word of advice for Mewtwo: You pretty much need Yveltal for Base 80, and the two most vital items are Com -1 and Disruption delay. Espeon pretty much blocks any combo potential Gengar would otherwise offer, but I S ranked with almost a 6 move buffer once I buckled down for C-1.

I hope they're smart enough to make Giratina a Ghost type. Neither type is optimal necessarily for Shuffle, but Ghost is at least somewhat more useful than Dragon.

Also, considering we had BS Timburr, the normalish Gurdurr, is Conkeldurr going to be a Banette levels of easy stage?

Word of advice for Mewtwo: You pretty much need Yveltal for Base 80, and the two most vital items are Com -1 and Disruption delay. Espeon pretty much blocks any combo potential Gengar would otherwise offer, but I S ranked with almost a 6 move buffer once I buckled down for C-1.

I hope they're smart enough to make Giratina a Ghost type. Neither type is optimal necessarily for Shuffle, but Ghost is at least somewhat more useful than Dragon.

Also, considering we had BS Timburr, the normalish Gurdurr, is Conkeldurr going to be a Banette levels of easy stage?
I kinda figured I would need Yveltal. My current gameplan is to try to get Xerneas, S Rank 5 more stages and then go for Yveltal.

I don't know if it's because of how few attempts I've made or something, but every capture attempt I've made so far (5) has had Super Capture Power activate, besides Steelix, which didn't even escape the regular Pokeball.

I don't know if it's because of how few attempts I've made or something, but every capture attempt I've made so far (5) has had Super Capture Power activate, besides Steelix, which didn't even escape the regular Pokeball.
Just caught victiini, I have 90% of all pokemon available captured and the first time I fail to catch something and use a great ball, I get SCP with a 54% of capture. It must have something to do with the amount of pokemon you've caught, like how in the main series you have a higher critical capture chance the more of the pokedex you have filled out.

Just caught victiini, I have 90% of all pokemon available captured and the first time I fail to catch something and use a great ball, I get SCP with a 54% of capture. It must have something to do with the amount of pokemon you've caught, like how in the main series you have a higher critical capture chance the more of the pokedex you have filled out.
I guess that would make sense. Maybe it's supposed to be a thing reserved for the really tricky Pokemon like Steelix so that when you finally manage to beat it you can make sure you catch it?

Also, has anyone figured out what the rate for SCP's increase is? I've noticed it's significant enough in every case I've had it activate, but I can find any consistency in the rate.

I'm trying to figure something out. I'm not really good at explaining, but I'll try.
Normally when you make a combo, the blocks fall down all the way and then it looks for the next possible combo in that same turn. Sometimes though, the blocks fall down, and on their way they match with another pair. How is this decided? Or am I just tripping?

I'm trying to figure something out. I'm not really good at explaining, but I'll try.
Normally when you make a combo, the blocks fall down all the way and then it looks for the next possible combo in that same turn. Sometimes though, the blocks fall down, and on their way they match with another pair. How is this decided? Or am I just tripping?
I notice this mainly happens when using a Mega in the combo. Normally in a combo, the entire line gets removed at once, but the Mega icons stick around while their effect plays out. For example, If I match 3 Mewtwos, they stay until all the Psychics it removes disappear, and those pieces disappear in a one-by-one fashion. If icons can be stopped in a way that forms a line during that time, they'll combo.

This makes the Megas like Gengar a bit more conducive to combos since they give more chances for the new pieces to match as they fall into place, in addition to the pseudo Complexity -1 of removing every Gengar.

I still haven't been able to figure out how to beat Braixen. I can only make a dent before I run out of turns, don't have enough turns to Mega Evolve, and I'm not in the mood to spend coins, especially considering that it could all be for nothing anyways.

I still haven't been able to figure out how to beat Braixen. I can only make a dent before I run out of turns, don't have enough turns to Mega Evolve, and I'm not in the mood to spend coins, especially considering that it could all be for nothing anyways.
If you have it, use Keldeo. Block Bash does wonders because it breaks the barrier too. I used it, Blastoise, and Milotic, and while it did take me 20 some-odd attempts, eventually I lucked out and the combos got rolling. Way easier to just spend the 800 coins though.

If you're not using Coins, Braxien is a bit of a luck mission. Trick is to use Keldeo you have it, since Block Bash will remove the blocks along the top so more icons can fall in for combos.

That said, I'd recommend just going all out for the S Rank with a Mega Start Aerodactyl and Moves +5. Aerodactyl is SE, and his removal of blocks makes the stage an absolute joke since the 3-Pokemon makes combos extremely easy to achieve.

Caught Victini today, then celebrated by catching Genesect and then Blaziken. As of now, Entei is the only currently available Pokemon I do not have (I hope they bring back Mew and Kyogre at some point) and that will change very soon.

If you're not using Coins, Braxien is a bit of a luck mission. Trick is to use Keldeo you have it, since Block Bash will remove the blocks along the top so more icons can fall in for combos.

That said, I'd recommend just going all out for the S Rank with a Mega Start Aerodactyl and Moves +5. Aerodactyl is SE, and his removal of blocks makes the stage an absolute joke since the 3-Pokemon makes combos extremely easy to achieve.
Okay, thanks. I'll make sure to try using Keldeo and Mega Aerodactyl, and try and see if I can level up Keldeo to level 5 and get enough coins for both Mega Start, +5 Moves, and a Great Ball. I wanna catch the damn thing if I'm going to use coins! XD

Okay, thanks. I'll make sure to try using Keldeo and Mega Aerodactyl, and try and see if I can level up Keldeo to level 5 and get enough coins for both Mega Start, +5 Moves, and a Great Ball. I wanna catch the damn thing if I'm going to use coins! XD
Keldeo's not too big a deal if you're going to use Mega Start anyway, since Aerodactyl clears from Left to right, Top to bottom, so he'll remove the entire top row of blocks in one match. Main thing is to just use your strongest Fire Beaters alongside him.

I meant to use Keldeo if you were going coinless and thus with no Mega Start for Aerodactyl.

Keldeo's not too big a deal if you're going to use Mega Start anyway, since Aerodactyl clears from Left to right, Top to bottom, so he'll remove the entire top row of blocks in one match. Main thing is to just use your strongest Fire Beaters alongside him.

I meant to use Keldeo if you were going coinless and thus with no Mega Start for Aerodactyl.
I'm going coinless...for now.

I've got another question, this one's about triggering abilities. If a Pokémon that's comboed first in a turn triggers its ability, will it cause other Pokémon to be unable to trigger their ability in that same turn? For instance, if I match three Glalie and it triggers Chill, will it still be able to trigger other abilities of other Pokémon in that same turn?

I've got another question, this one's about triggering abilities. If a Pokémon that's comboed first in a turn triggers its ability, will it cause other Pokémon to be unable to trigger their ability in that same turn? For instance, if I match three Glalie and it triggers Chill, will it still be able to trigger other abilities of other Pokémon in that same turn?
No. Only one ability can trigger for combo, whether started by a move or disruption (like Banette or Mega Gengar's Haunters)

I've managed to capture both Braixen and Steelix yesterday. Hard to believe that's it for the main stages for the moment.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to share that I had one second left on Suicune and caught it at 1%. I do believe that is quite lucky.

Nearing the end of the pokedex for Rumble so filling in the wait time with shuffle :)

Only a few hours left on the Venusaur event. I was at rank ~14000, so I decided to use my Complexity-1 and I bought a Disruption Delay. My team was Glalie-M, Heatran, Blaziken and Combusken. All level 8. Too bad RNGod was against me, and I kept getting shitty boards without a lot of good combo opportunities. I'm also really bad a timed stages. Still managed to get myself to rank 7517/75491 with a score of 17470...

I'm going to be so mad if I eventually fall short.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)