Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

My team first run-around was M-Gengar/Phione (fucker took forever to encounter but was an easy catch)/Swampert/Shaymin. Shaymin to hit very hard and occasionally get a sleep proc. Phione to keep the number of mons down and because CC does good things sometimes. Swamp for power (you can use Chesnaught in his place; they're functionally the same here). As for Mega choice, this round doesn't allow a Mega Start so it's best to use a Mega that goes Mega fast and Gengar does it--the Comp -1 effect also does fantastically.

Oh god I see Double Normal teams. I am never trying that shit again because I horribly fucking bombed mine during Blazikenite (I did get the stone second go-around). You either need to be extremely skilled or have a ton of hearts to burn. Those Japanese players, though. We American players suck. :lol:

I think I might have to play again. I seriously doubt that my top-3000 score will keep me in with like eight days to go.

Yes, the Japanese are way more skilled. But I managed to get a score of 14623, landing me at 6840/66097, using the Arceus team, and accidentally using Manaphy instead of Phione. We'll see if this will be enough to place me.

I'll be grinding for coins just in case.

With twelve jewels, you could get +80 hearts ... But I don't use them too because every 2 hours and a half is already good for me ...

I came across a kind of annoying bug today, and I still didn't manage to fix it. I wanted to play some Shuffle, just for funs. So I opened Shuffle just like I normally do and tried to play with Mega Mewtwo. However, I could not make Mewtwo hold its Mega Stone no matter how often I tried to swap icons. Tried to go in game because I thought it might just be a visual bug, but nope.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I remember fixing that the first time by manually placing mewtwo on the mega slot at the party screen. This was supposed to be fixed a couple updates ago though.

I remember fixing that the first time by manually placing mewtwo on the mega slot at the party screen. This was supposed to be fixed a couple updates ago though.
Yeah I know that. I had never had problems again ever since, until yesterday..

Brace yourselves...

Monday will bring new stages (including the start of the Goomy line) and a Darkrai Escalation Battle. Release the Hera-Kraken!

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Brace yourselves...

Monday will bring new stages (including the start of the Goomy line) and a Darkrai Escalation Battle. Release the Hera-Kraken!
Wondering if we'll finally shift to another area rather than keep expanding the last one forever. It'll be cool to have darkrai but they'll probably troll us by not giving him a sleep inducing ability. Personally I'm also hoping for either a better Steel mega or a Dark Mega in the next update.

Chances are the area will be new, but that they're being secretive about how it looks and sounds. Remember, we've really spent about as much time on Pedra Valley as we have Wacky Workshop, except instead of two batches of 15, we got three batches of 10.

How are they using Mega Blaziken with no other Fire types?
They're probably using it specifically for the delay that happens when a Mega gets matched, even if no valid effect occurs. It'd be like matching M-Aero with no rocks or blocks, except Blaziken with Speedups evolves in 9 matches. Also, unlike Gengar, who removes all of itself from the board, M-Blaziken doesn't stay any longer than it needs to, meaning the skyfall isn't delayed as much as with Gengar.

That said, that might account for about 60% of that score. The rest is cheating in some way or other.

Ghhahh 1 coined attempt at garchomp and all I got was 5.5k place because I used stoise and forgot about mega gar damn that stage needed mega gar or mega venusaur HARD!

Darkrai is in the building, and there are a prospective FOUR Mega Speedups at stake (yes, four. 50, 100, 150, 200. There also seem to be some unknown rewards in between those. And as far as the data is concerned, coin stages will appear every so often).

Now, Darkrai seems to have a little more health than Gira and Cressie, as well as starting out from level 1 already tossing out disruptions. I have no idea how viable a full 200 runs will be, but I'm at least pushing to 150. Darkrai is 80 BP with Sleep Charm.

As for normal stages, the Vivillon family comes out in full effect, as well as the first two stages of the Staraptor family. The previews pushed for the start of the Goomy tree, but the really standout this time is the appearance of RALTS... as a Fairy (Fairy M-Gardevoir GET!)

We have 3 EX stages upon us, with the musketeer trio each packing Power of 4+ (but only 70 BP). Terrakion, Cobaltion and Virizion will be valuable additions to Rock, Steel and Grass teams, which (excluding non-Aero Rock) while strong in support options have notoriously been heavily lacking in fire power.

Also, for those of you who missed it the first two times, the Rotom forms are back as daily Pokemon.

There are also murmurs of a Mega-Venusaur repeat coming next week, with the top 2k also getting a Mega Speedup.

Thanks for the summary. I can add that I get Garchompite (but no mega speedup), and it's mirror of Mega Mawile ability !

I've started Darkrai, without Mega Banette/Gar/Mewtwo being useful, it will be hard if there are a lot of disruptions. I have already max Lucario, Heracross, Xerneas and Genesect, so I'm using other Pokemon to level up a bit (Scizor, Mienshao, etc...)

You need 201/205/210 S-ranked stages to unblock the new EX Stages with the Musketeer

From Serebii :

Stage No.PicNameTypeConstraintsHit PointsCapture RateStage 211

Starly
9 Turns540011%Stage 212

Gothorita
15 Turns1760015%Stage 213

Goomy
14 Turns86276%Stage 214

Mime Jr.
13 TurnsStage 215

Staravia
7 Turns480011%Stage 216

Gothorita
15 Turns1760015%Stage 217

Ralts
12 Turns192001%Stage 218

Scatterbug
15 Turns101259%Stage 219

Spewpa
3 Turns
Restricted to 3 Pokémon777611%Stage 220

Vivillon
17 Turns2062512%

Last edited:
Darkrai is in the building, and there are a prospective FOUR Mega Speedups at stake (yes, four. 50, 100, 150, 200. There also seem to be some unknown rewards in between those. And as far as the data is concerned, coin stages will appear every so often).

Now, Darkrai seems to have a little more health than Gira and Cressie, as well as starting out from level 1 already tossing out disruptions. I have no idea how viable a full 200 runs will be, but I'm at least pushing to 150. Darkrai is 80 BP with Sleep Charm.

As for normal stages, the Vivillon family comes out in full effect, as well as the first two stages of the Staraptor family. The previews pushed for the start of the Goomy tree, but the really standout this time is the appearance of RALTS... as a Fairy (Fairy M-Gardevoir GET!)

We have 3 EX stages upon us, with the musketeer trio each packing Power of 4+ (but only 70 BP). Terrakion, Cobaltion and Virizion will be valuable additions to Rock, Steel and Grass teams, which (excluding non-Aero Rock) while strong in support options have notoriously been heavily lacking in fire power.

Also, for those of you who missed it the first two times, the Rotom forms are back as daily Pokemon.

There are also murmurs of a Mega-Venusaur repeat coming next week, with the top 2k also getting a Mega Speedup.
Oooh, Ralts being Fairy typed not only means we're getting Fairy M-Gardevoir, but also means that we'll probably be getting Fighting M-Gallade (YES PLEASE!), which is phenomenal because M-Luke isn't really that great imo, and another Fighting Mega would be a really nice addiction.
Rotom formes being back means we're getting more free coins (good if there are more competitions incoming), and Darkrai looks like a really nice addiction to Dark teams (definitely better than Yveltal, goes well with Hera/Genesect to provide a free damage bonus if Sleep Charm activates, and adds more variety to the "Sinister Power"-infested Dark type in general).

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Got lucky and caught Darkrai at level 8. Current team is basically all crowd control + Xerneas which deal insane amounts of damage.
Glad that Darkrai came with sleep charm and not something like power of 5.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Shoutouts to the Safari for failing to give me a single Phione in two weeks of playing and that combined with me only been playing for three weeks now and that I have not spent a single dollar on the game meant I never really had much of a shot of a Garchompite at all. >:|

Venting aside I have finally managed to catch up to the new levels (Currently up to Gothita) recently and I have some thoughts on the game:
  • It is a good game and despite being a "Pay2Win" game I have never really felt like needing to shell out money to advance, especially if you conserve Jewels for when you really need them (like when you are one move away from winning a really hard level or something). It is better than Rumble World in that regard imo, as that game—without any money spent—can slow down plot-wise to a point where it could take forever and a half to get deeper into the game since you cannot rank up further and by extension, get stronger Pokémon to advance. In Shuffle you can just wait a couple of hours and get more chances to get through a level, though the item costs are pretty steep *coughcoughcomplexity-1coughcough* which makes you have to conserve money for either the competitions or a Mega Encounter at the end of an area.
  • Mega Gengar is overrated difficulty-wise given I have heard so much complaints about it's difficulty; Mega Mawile and Mega Glalie come earlier and are personally much harder. The only real hard thing about Mega Gengar is that it has a lot of HP, enough to typically warrant a Moves +5 at that point of the game. Other than that, its disruptions of freezing the middle two columns and changing tiles to Haunter (which deals SE DMG and you get access to) pale in comparison to Glalie's Snorunt changers and freezing any column and Mega Mawile's early disruptions alongside row-freezing any of the bottom four rows.
  • Hardest Normal Boss Stage is either Mega Mawile or Mega Mewtwo Y as both are just as bad as each other. Mawile does not have much in viable options at that point and your the only Mega at that point that does actual damage to it is Mega Sableye (Telling when I needed all of Mega Start, Disruption Delay, +5 Moves AND 1× Jewel to clear >_>) depending on what Special Stages show up and Mewtwo is... well... Mewtwo.
  • Difficulty wise though, it is rather reasonable and it is what I would normally expect though Mawile was unreasonably difficult (Did I mention I hate the Mega Mawile level?) with the odd difficulty spike or two.
  • I like the running events aspect of the game as well as it means I can keep coming back time and time again for a new challenge and get something new to add as opposed to picking it up, completing it, then shelving it. Re-running events is obviously a good idea for people like me who only started playing a few weeks ago so there is that.
Also to add to the above, the New Expert Stages Information (Source: Serebii):

EX25

Terrakion (Rock) - 1 Minute - S-Rank 211 Normal Stages to unlock - 13500 HP - 1% Catch Rate

EX26

Virizion (Grass) - 30 Seconds - S-Rank 215 Normal Stages to unlock - 5760 HP - 1% Catch Rate

EX27

Cobalion (Steel) - 1 Minute, 30 Seconds - S-Rank 220 Normal Stages to unlock - 21433 HP - 1% Catch Rate

Now to catch Darkrai (idk if I want the Speedups though we will see), get up to Vivillon, and then handle these Expert Stages...

EDIT: I will take your word @ below; Serebii is not the most reliable site anyway.

Last edited:
I only do Darkrai atm.
I think Serebii is wrong for the number of S-ranked stages needed for the new trio. i think it's 211 / 215 / 220. Because Mega Heracross was already level 210 and I S ranked all of them ... I will try later the new stages to get a new S-ranked but for the moment I stay on Darkrai.

Darkrai disruptions change at level 5, with some of them every 6 turns (every 3 other turns, it's black block)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)