Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Shoutouts to the Safari for failing to give me a single Phione in two weeks of playing and that combined with me only been playing for three weeks now and that I have not spent a single dollar on the game meant I never really had much of a shot of a Garchompite at all. >:|
For what it is worth, I didn't get the Garchompite either (though not for lack of trying). I got pushed down from 17000+ to 19000+ in an hour and a half.

Let me just say that M-Heracross, your other two best Crowd Controllers, and Volcarona are an amazing combination. Level 50 is probably going to be the easiest of all the "Boss" levels, but it's definitely going to show you what M-Hera can do.

At the start of the level, Darkrai will immediately create two adjacent columns of blocks, either in columns 2 and 3 or columns 4 and 5. One turn after, Darkrai will spawn two Darkrai, as far as I've seen, somewhere within these two columns within a 2x2 grid of each other. Three turns later, Darkrai will repeat the column disruption (I have no idea if he attacks another column after his initial choice; he kept doing 4 and 5 on my one attempt) and the cycle continues. Incidentally, the turn he recasts the column disruption is exactly 5 turns after he initially cast it, so the board by itself will only be clear momentarily after you make your move.

Using Crowd Control (especially in the one isolated column) to inflict burst while setting up miniature chains in the 3 adjacent free columns until M-Hera evolves will give you incredible momentum. If any Heracross should be to the right of the block columns after it Mega Evolves, then if you match other Hera cross, these ones will be positioned to tear right through the column, giving you a huge chunk of your board back. I finished with 8 turns remaining.

My team was initially Hera (Mega), Genesect, Volbeat (Snubbull also works) and Xerneas. Around level 20, I switched Xerneas out for Volcarona and have not looked back since.

Coin levels will be at 30, 55, 105, 130 and 180. Levels 75 (5 extra hearts), 100 (speedup), 125 (5 extra hearts), 150 (speedup), 175 (5 extra hearts) and 200 (speedup) will all be "Boss" levels, significantly harder than the one at 50 because from what I can make out, Darkrai's HP tends to be nearly double what it normally is during them. Unabashed item use is recommended on them, and some speculate that 200 might even require Complexity.

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Let me just say that M-Heracross, your other two best Crowd Controllers, and Volcarona are an amazing combination. Level 50 is probably going to be the easiest of all the "Boss" levels, but it's definitely going to show you what M-Hera can do.

At the start of the level, Darkrai will immediately create two adjacent columns of blocks, either in columns 2 and 3 or columns 4 and 5. One turn after, Darkrai will spawn two Darkrai, as far as I've seen, somewhere within these two columns within a 2x2 grid of each other. Three turns later, Darkrai will repeat the column disruption (I have no idea if he attacks another column after his initial choice; he kept doing 4 and 5 on my one attempt) and the cycle continues. Incidentally, the turn he recasts the column disruption is exactly 5 turns after he initially cast it, so the board by itself will only be clear momentarily after you make your move.

Using Crowd Control (especially in the one isolated column) to inflict burst while setting up miniature chains in the 3 adjacent free columns until M-Hera evolves will give you incredible momentum. If any Heracross should be to the right of the block columns after it Mega Evolves, then if you match other Hera cross, these ones will be positioned to tear right through the column, giving you a huge chunk of your board back. I finished with 8 turns remaining.

My team was initially Hera (Mega), Genesect, Volbeat (Snubbull also works) and Xerneas. Around level 20, I switched Xerneas out for Volcarona and have not looked back since.

Coin levels will be at 30, 55, 105, 130 and 180. Levels 75 (5 extra hearts), 100 (speedup), 125 (5 extra hearts), 150 (speedup), 175 (5 extra hearts) and 200 (speedup) will all be "Boss" levels, significantly harder than the one at 50 because from what I can make out, Darkrai's HP tends to be nearly double what it normally is during them. Unabashed item use is recommended on them, and some speculate that 200 might even require Complexity.
Just a small input, but the actual disruption is a 2x2 of 2 Darkrai and 2 metal blocks. He usually targets an already disrupted column so it doesn't really bother you but it does hit the other non disruptes column pair sometimes, it will hit anywhere in the same 2&3 or 4&5 column area.

Also I beat the first 52 Levels with a full crowd control team, it's such a stupidly strong ability that even volbeat and snubull deal around 380+ damage on average when you trigger it.
Past lvl 50 though I'm gonna try Xerneas for a bit more consistent damage during combos sicne the disruptions are now more random instead of blocking a full row.

Update:
So I just beat level 75 but man was it annoying as fuck. It's basically the same lvl 50 battle with more HP + Purrloin as your 5th support pokemon who literally nullifies any kind of potential combo.
In the end I beat it using Mega Aero with Move+5 | Mega Start | Atk up with 1 move left, the key is to keep at least 2 aeros safe from the disruptions at either the 1st or the 6th column and use them only to clear some space, the damage is pretty acceptable but you should rely on your other pokemon to finish off darkrai. Of course you could always try to go safer with a C-1 and maybe I should have done that instead of wasting 2 runs with items (luckily I only lost the freebies from the earlier levels).

Last edited:
I think C-1 is almost mandatory ... I'm level 88 .... and I'm not sure if I'll try level 150 ... I didn't beat Vivillion itemless too ...

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well I did beat level 100 with all items except C-1 using Mega Aerodactyl so it wasn't that bad. The good part is that your 5th support Pokemon is actually just metal Blocks which made the battle a lot easier and Aerodactyl very consistent.
I think I'll go for at least level 150 since I find the stage to be much easier after level 100. Darkrai goes back to disrupting a whole row with metal blocks and then he targest a 3:2 area with Darkrai and Cresselia so I decided to use mega Lucario and everything's been a breeze up to level 116 where I'm right now waiting for more hearts.

Sitting at 148 and counting. Excluding the boss levels (75, 100, 125, 150, 175, and 200), Heracross remains a very competent Mega, although I'm not certain how true that statement will be when I reach level 151 (about 50% more disruption turns than 101-124, 126-129 and 131-149). I may have to switch to Lucario at that point.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well I was able to beat level 150, so that's 3 more mega candies. Since I've been using Lucario so much I decided to give 4 to him as he's basically earning them back, wondering if I should push for level 200. Is that possible without items? (Not counting stage 175 of course).

Well I was able to beat level 150, so that's 3 more mega candies. Since I've been using Lucario so much I decided to give 4 to him as he's basically earning them back, wondering if I should push for level 200. Is that possible without items? (Not counting stage 175 of course).
Yes, and no. It's definitely possible to do it without items, but Moves+5 pretty much removes a lot of the BS that bad RNG can bring. I personally did it itemless up to 181 (excluding 175, of course), and then just did the Moves+5 for the home stretch.

Also, whip out ALL of the items on stage 200. Yes, the complexity as well. You're welcome.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, and no. It's definitely possible to do it without items, but Moves+5 pretty much removes a lot of the BS that bad RNG can bring. I personally did it itemless up to 181 (excluding 175, of course), and then just did the Moves+5 for the home stretch.

Also, whip out ALL of the items on stage 200. Yes, the complexity as well. You're welcome.
What mega did you use on stage 200? I have used Mega Aero for all the boss battles so far and seems to do very well due to metal blocks being the 5th support pokemon.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
I'm still blocked on level 100 ... I should use a C-1 ... Guys, you're impressive ! :)
Nah you shouldn't need Complexity -1 to beat level 100. A combination of Turns +5, Disruption Delay and Attack Power should be enough, and you absolutely want those latter two. Add in Mega Start if you're using Mega Aerodactyl (maybe Heracross too) but I managed just fine with Mega Lucario/Heracross/Genesect/Xerneas from start to finish so I went without Mega Start.

What mega did you use on stage 200? I have used Mega Aero for all the boss battles so far and seems to do very well due to metal blocks being the 5th support pokemon.
With Complexity -1 there are no blocks in the skyfall. I crammed M-Heracross into every orifice Darkrai had for 200. I don't even want to imagine how things would have went with M-Aero or M-Lucario for that level.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well I've been checking on reddit and level 200 seems to be perfectly doable without C-1 by using Aerodactyl. Still trapped on level 181 though, maybe I should try to grind Xerneas' last level for MAX for better results?

Venusaurite is back !

I've win the 100th level of Darkrai, I will probably stop here (TBH I never use the rare candies).

I need to beat/S-rank some of the newest stages.

Edit : DAMN ! I can't beat this Vivillion !

And from Serebii : The iOS & Android port of the game, Pokémon Shuffle, is now available on Android and iOS devices in Japan for free. It's not currently known when it will release in North America or Europe but we'll keep you aprised. We're currently checking out all the differences between the versions so be sure to check back.
It is confirmed once and for all that you can't share save data between the 3DS and Smart Device versions. Rankings for competitions are separate between 3DS and Mobile versions

Venusaurite is back !

I've win the 100th level of Darkrai, I will probably stop here (TBH I never use the rare candies).

I need to beat/S-rank some of the newest stages.

Edit : DAMN ! I can't beat this Vivillion !
I managed to beat Vivillon using Moves+5, but I needed Moves+5 and DD to S-rank it. I lucked out and managed to capture it with no Great Balls on my first attempt (M+5 left me with a 0 move finish). The team I used was an M-Blaze (MAX) team, with Delphox (6), Heatran (7) and Combusken (8). I chose Combusken over Ninetales for three reasons. 1, I figured having more opportunities to trigger Pyre before a Blaze chain would provide more consistent long-term damage. 2, My lvl 8 Combusken (78 BP) has only 6 less damage than my level 7 Ninetales (84 BP) so the loss wouldn't be that great. 3, Block Smash has no use on this stage, so Ninetales would only be useful for its damage.

Thanks for the tip :) I've never tried full Fire teams, that's an idea.
The last time I used a full fire team before M-Blaze came out was early game. It's pretty much the reason that Heatran and Ninetales are still not MAXed. Combusken is only that high because I used him very early on in farming Meowth. But yes, M-Blaze + full fire is gaining traction. Probably not going to be one of the strongest teams, but very solid overall. And definitely a contender for Weekend Meowth runs (got 7600 this week after Moves+5).

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some new passwords have been revealed for Pokémon Shuffle to celebrate the release of Pokémon Shuffle Mobile in Japan. These passwords are obtained in the other version and give access to special items. The passwords given from Pokémon Shuffle Mobile to the 3DS version are random out of the 8 listed here. First, if you have the 3DS version, you can enter the password obtained from Pokémon Shuffle Mobile of 86001508 to get 1 Exp. Points *1.5 item, and 1000 coins with the password of 86100002. Second, if you have Pokémon Shuffle Mobile, you can enter the password obtained from Pokémon Shuffle of 65607110 to get a Lucarionite. These have to be entered by September 30th and you need to have updated to at least Version 1.2.13 to redeem them
Edit @ 10:02: Various more Pokémon Shuffle passwords have been revealed for the 3DS game. There's a password for a Mega Speed Up which is 08645601. 100 coins by 86010010, 200 coins by 08620009, 300 Coins by 08630007 and 500 Coins by 08650005
Edit @ 10:20: A password for 1 Time +10 is also available through the password 08601003. A Moves +5 is available through 86000504 and 400 coins for 86040006
from serebii.

so in total when you check in today you can get 3000 coins (including the default 500), a mega speedup, exp points, moves +5, and time +10.

seems like an overkill of presents for all of us but not complaining :') i'd rather like 10 complexity -1 though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)