Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I'm crying even moar because I scored 46k on a full item run and got kicked out of the mega speedup cutoff in just 1 hour. :FeelsBadMan:
Dang, sorry to hear that. Between 46k and 49.6k (my score) were 1387 qualifying ranks, which leads me to believe just 1k higher for your score would have made the difference.

In update news, the Keldeo event returns, and we get the female of the Lati twins (80 AP, Swap, Dragon) as an Escalation Battle. Lot of interesting stuff about the prize pool. Level 50 awards her Mega Stone, and you don't see the first speedup until Level 70. There's also coin rewards in between, so I have no idea if there will be coin levels like the previous two Escalation Battles.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Awards for the escalation battle:

Prize for first beating level 5: 1 Exp. Points x1.5
Prize for first beating level 10: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 25: 1 Mega Start
Prize for first beating level 35: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Latiasite
Prize for first beating level 60: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 70: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 80: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 90: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 110: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 125: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 135: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Mega Speedup

And apparently Mega Latias' ability is basically a horizontal Mega Ampharos and takes 12 Mega Speedups to develop speed-wise (which implies it is slower than molasses initially). Meh.

Worth going on until about Stage 70 at least I suppose?

Also came 6,622nd overall in EU so I got a Charizardite Y for my troubles. It is decent and having something for steels really helps. Will be better once I develop it though.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Had the same thing happen to me, less than 100 away from the qualifying ranks so I'm quite annoyed. Especially since I needed one more to max out Sharpedo but I guess I have to wait for the Escalation Battle for that. Latias coming with its Mega Stone in the same event is really cool, but it'll probably be better off as a regular Pokemon alongside a hopefully better Dragon Mega (expecting Latios will be similar to Latias so that basically just leaves Rayquaza). Swap with 80 base power is neat at least.

Edit: Latias takes 22 icons to Mega Evolve apparently. Not too awful and has potential to tie with maxed out Gengar and Lucario but with that ability + the amount of Speedups needed still not worth it.

Awards for the escalation battle:

Prize for first beating level 5: 1 Exp. Points x1.5
Prize for first beating level 10: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 25: 1 Mega Start
Prize for first beating level 35: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Latiasite
Prize for first beating level 60: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 70: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 80: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 90: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 110: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 125: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 135: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Mega Speedup

And apparently Mega Latias' ability is basically a horizontal Mega Ampharos and takes 12 Mega Speedups to develop speed-wise (which implies it is slower than molasses initially). Meh.

Worth going on until about Stage 70 at least I suppose?

Also came 6,622nd overall in EU so I got a Charizardite Y for my troubles. It is decent and having something for steels really helps. Will be better once I develop it though.
I think level 100 is not too far from level 70 ... After, it depends on difficulty.

What's the best team for Escalation Latias ?

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dang, sorry to hear that. Between 46k and 49.6k (my score) were 1387 qualifying ranks, which leads me to believe just 1k higher for your score would have made the difference.

In update news, the Keldeo event returns, and we get the female of the Lati twins (80 AP, Swap, Dragon) as an Escalation Battle. Lot of interesting stuff about the prize pool. Level 50 awards her Mega Stone, and you don't see the first speedup until Level 70. There's also coin rewards in between, so I have no idea if there will be coin levels like the previous two Escalation Battles.
I ended up ranking around the 3600th place anyway at least I can farm some speedups from the escalation battle.
Also mobile got its own escalation battle with good old Giratina, also got a free megaspeedup as daily bonus so I'm gonna have some fun with Gengar. Mobile users also get mew yet again who also gives another jewel upon being defeated. Will probably go for Keldeo once I get the mega speedup from giratina though.

I think level 100 is not too far from level 70 ... After, it depends on difficulty.

What's the best team for Escalation Latias ?
Early on, your strongest SE mons and your fastest SE Mega. My team so far has been M-Glalie, Dragonite, Xerneas and Articuno. I've contemplated swapping out Xerneas for Diancie if Barrier disruptions become a problem, but judging from the pastebins I don't think they'll ever get out of hand enough for it to matter. I can't swap out Articuno for Regice because I use stage 37 Meowth for leveling Hitting/Damage Streak mons while I farm coins.

Tangent aside, once you get to level 50 and acquire the Latiasite, M-Latias may prove a better choice than M-Glalie. If I had max-level Rayquaza I'd be using it over Articuno so that I'd have 3 strong Dragons to benefit from the occasional Dancing Dragons proc that Dragonite provides.

I've considered a Dragon Team once I get Latias consisting of Latias (Mega), Dragonite, Rayquaza, and my other strongest dragon. Dancing Dragons from Dragonite works under the same premise as Delphox Pyre teams. Depends on how bad disruptions in later stages become.

Scored somewhere in the top 14000 and got my Zard-Y! And I have to say, THANK YOU SO MUCH CHARIZARD! I finally beat Vivillion's stage, because part of Charizard's mega effect erases the top barriers! Beat it with a Moves +5, and i'm never looking back at that stage. Never again.

I think I might be able to beat up to lvl 100 on latias itemless due to Shuffle move, my team I'm going to go with is Mega Altaria, Dragonair (Dancing Dragons), Dragonite (Dancing Dragons, Rayquaza. If there's ever a mega stone tournament for dragon types I will do this team just for that.

I'm just going up to level 70, with simply Mega Altaria, Dragonite, Xerneas, and Latias. Level 100 will be pretty difficult to beat itemless, even with ShuffleMove: It has 44044 HP, and the disruptions can be pretty annoying. The information on the Escalation Battle stages can be found here

Medicham is a pain to beat - I've got 17k once, but I needed to get lucky even for that. I might try using a full Psychic MMY team with Gothorita for Sleep Charm, or just use items.

I'm just going up to level 70, with simply Mega Altaria, Dragonite, Xerneas, and Latias. Level 100 will be pretty difficult to beat itemless, even with ShuffleMove: It has 44044 HP, and the disruptions can be pretty annoying. The information on the Escalation Battle stages can be found here

Medicham is a pain to beat - I've got 17k once, but I needed to get lucky even for that. I might try using a full Psychic MMY team with Gothorita for Sleep Charm, or just use items.
Oh wow, they released more new levels past vivilion? And wow it took me a while to figure out what MMY meant, (guys it means mega mewtwo Y). And damn that's a lot of HP, I guess I'll max out everything first at least.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Aaaaand Pinsir has decided to show up for three days, but you can only attempt to catch it once per day.

Given the nature of that challenge, I took no chances, using Attack Power ↑ and the free Mega Start from Latias and beating it in five moves. Had to rely on a Great Ball to catch it though.

Currently up to Lv29 on Latias and yeah, this challenge seems to get tough quite fast, especially those HP totals (Given it gets over 10k HP temporarily before the HP drop on Lv36 but it isnt too hard atm). Caught it on Lv10.

I'm just going to risk it and go Item-less seeing as i'm broke after using a Great Ball on Keldo. But if I get enough on the last day i'll probably use the Great Ball.

La.....Latias......Latias lvl 50........Latias lvl 50 beat Shuffle move. O_o *eye twitch* WHY?!!?!!?!!?!?!?
Ok seriously though this time I'm using DD to see how far that gets me on this horrible level.

Update I used 1 dd and Shuffle move and I beat the level with 3 moves left, this thing is freaking amazing!

Last edited:

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
La.....Latias......Latias lvl 50........Latias lvl 50 beat Shuffle move. O_o *eye twitch* WHY?!!?!!?!!?!?!?
Ok seriously though this time I'm using DD to see how far that gets me on this horrible level.

Update I used 1 dd and Shuffle move and I beat the level with 3 moves left, this thing is freaking amazing!
I used DD and moves +5 without shuffle move to beat her with like 5 moves left. Also used the same item setup for level 50 Giratina on mobile but oh boy didn't remember how annoying shaymin's are on that stage.

Btw Mega Latias is quite an interesting mega, certainly useful against herself. And btw if you get past level 60 and see a stage without a diruption timer then be sure to get as many combos as possible, you need like 4 to avoid disruptions each turn, if you can do that then the levels are a breeze.

I wasn't able to play yesterday, so I'm only level 36, but it stars becoming harder (but do able). Is it or me Escalation Battle give less experience than regular stage ? Just compare Amphy HP and Latias and it seems that my Pokemon don't really get a lot of experience

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I wasn't able to play yesterday, so I'm only level 36, but it stars becoming harder (but do able). Is it or me Escalation Battle give less experience than regular stage ? Just compare Amphy HP and Latias and it seems that my Pokemon don't really get a lot of experience
IIRC All special stages give a flat 5 Experience per clear regardless of the pokemon you're facing. Also exp is based on moves not on target HP.

Moves in the level determine the exp you get so because amphy has 50 moves it gives 50 exp when defeated.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Snorlax is only good to train your fighting type Pokemon, otherwise Amphy is much better.
Btw I just beat Latias up to level 81 and I must say that after you hit level 60 M-Gengar is definitely the way to go on this Escalation Battle.
My current setup is M-Gengar | Xerneas | Dragonite | Diancie and it worked pretty well even at 81 when the initial board is filled with ice blocks.

Reactions: JES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)